Origanal gelcoat?or paint?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread:
Origanal gelcoat?or paint?

  1. #1
    Senior Member BlownSST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    226

    Default Origanal gelcoat?or paint?

    I'll stick to origanal gelcoat colors from the factory, I'm a welder not a painter. have seen some aweful nice paint jobs on boats but how long will they really last???? even if they are done with clear coat?????

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    boatless Nashvillebound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Are you getting a new ride? BE CREATIVE. It seems most of the East coast builders are in this little box for creativity. Break out!!!!
    Any new boat that has the colors in the gel coat will last forever... with normal care. Which can be minimal if done properly.
    Painting the hull is close a close second.... depending on how its finished(cleared). Its really amazing what they can do to boats for graphics now.
    Dont be afraid.... there are plenty of people who will asist you....even on these boards.

  4. #3
    No Sandbar To Far sanger rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,276

    Default

    Gel is the only way to go. That new stuff they got out is pretty easy to work with.
    Quote Originally Posted by One More Year View Post
    The only blab's I will even be a part of is just when it is me they are talking about. Aaaah yes I can see a few good looking shiny tall deck motors on the beach, with barely enough fuel to get back to the launch saying, "Holy crap how fast you think that Daytona was going man? That's like the 20th time he's gone by today?"

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Boat Nut sleekcrafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Elgin, Il.
    Posts
    5,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sanger rat View Post
    Gel is the only way to go. That new stuff they got out is pretty easy to work with.

    Don't worry about paint, or gel, all you need are stickers, to make you go

  7. #5
    Breathing Diesel Shotgun19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sleekcrafter View Post
    Don't worry about paint, or gel, all you need are stickers, to make you go
    WTF, may need more then that

  8. #6
    Boat Nut sleekcrafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Elgin, Il.
    Posts
    5,131

    Default

    Rat you need to be worried about that bottom side

  9. #7
    Breathing Diesel Shotgun19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sleekcrafter View Post
    Rat you need to be worried about that bottom side
    Thats kinda like TMI now. He just needs to fix his engine first

    I mean get up and get after it. Put her to sleep

  10. #8
    Boat Nut sleekcrafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Elgin, Il.
    Posts
    5,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun19 View Post
    Thats kinda like TMI now. He just needs to fix his engine first

    I mean get up and get after it. Put her to sleep
    Thats the problem....sleeps all day

  11. #9
    Breathing Diesel Shotgun19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sleekcrafter View Post
    Thats the problem....sleeps all day
    Robin even told me the other day that he wont get off the couch for some that he is to tired.

  12. #10
    Boat Nut sleekcrafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Elgin, Il.
    Posts
    5,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun19 View Post
    Robin even told me the other day that he wont get off the couch for some that he is to tired.
    You can lead a horse to water...but you can't make him drink

  13. #11
    Breathing Diesel Shotgun19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sleekcrafter View Post
    You can lead a horse to water...but you can't make him drink
    She said that she even bought some new luv jelly and that did not work. Not to sure about the rat anymore. He said that she is gone for the weekend and that he did not want to even go to the Bier Garten for some Food and Wet Goods. And so he can drool over carrie

  14. #12
    Boat Nut sleekcrafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Elgin, Il.
    Posts
    5,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun19 View Post
    She said that she even bought some new luv jelly and that did not work. Not to sure about the rat anymore. He said that she is gone for the weekend and that he did not want to even go to the Bier Garten for some Food and Wet Goods. And so he can drool over carrie

    so your saying Rat's gone lame? better take him out back and shoot him

  15. #13
    Breathing Diesel Shotgun19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sleekcrafter View Post
    so your saying Rat's gone lame? better take him out back and shoot him
    He bought a new pistol but it may just be a pea shooter

  16. #14
    Senior Member BlownSST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    226

    Default

    PEA shooter?? I knew thats why she was not happy???

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95