boating NM
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread:
boating NM

  1. #1
    Member blownrat505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lake Pleasant
    Posts
    91

    Default boating NM

    Hey Guys
    any boating around Las Cruces,and Alamogordo. May be moving to that area but dont know yet. Its a jet so rivers are ok too but like to ski alot.
    Thanks guys

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Bigblockbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Elephant Butte is 1 hour from Las Cruces and 2 from Alamogordo and is about the only show around. It draws most of the Albuquerque folks as well, and is the largest lake in the state. It has sandy beaches that you can camp on and launch and load from right infront of your campsite, assuming you have a 4x4.There are some large boats but most everything is in the 18-24 foot range. The mighty Rio Grande River does flow from Elephant Butte down past Las Cruces, but can be walked across in most places and not boatable at all.

    We also have the local drag boat racing group out there 4 times a year or so. Bring your boat out and make a pass or two.

    There is also a lake (Brantly) and river in the Carlsbad area but I have never been there and don't know much about it.

    If you end up out here let me know and I will buy you a drink of your choice.

    Bill
    24' Eliminator Fundeck

  4. #3
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    Brantley is a nice small lake, seldom ever more than 15
    boats on the water except holiday weekends.

    good ski lake, water levels vary during summer.

    about 2 hrs from Alamogordo.

    Carlsbad beach is not jet friendly
    #55

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Boat Bling Distributor New Mexico Bullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Farmington NM
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigblockbill View Post
    Elephant Butte is 1 hour from Las Cruces and 2 from Alamogordo and is about the only show around. It draws most of the Albuquerque folks as well, and is the largest lake in the state. It has sandy beaches that you can camp on and launch and load from right infront of your campsite, assuming you have a 4x4.There are some large boats but most everything is in the 18-24 foot range. The mighty Rio Grande River does flow from Elephant Butte down past Las Cruces, but can be walked across in most places and not boatable at all.

    We also have the local drag boat racing group out there 4 times a year or so. Bring your boat out and make a pass or two.

    There is also a lake (Brantly) and river in the Carlsbad area but I have never been there and don't know much about it.

    If you end up out here let me know and I will buy you a drink of your choice.

    Bill
    Elephant Butte is the largest in the state? I always thought it was Navajo?

  7. #5
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    http://www.emnrd.state.nm.us/PRD/elephant.htm

    It shows EB as the largest, but if you look at it on google earth
    Navajo sure looks bigger
    #55

  8. #6
    Boat Bling Distributor New Mexico Bullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Farmington NM
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    http://www.emnrd.state.nm.us/PRD/elephant.htm

    It shows EB as the largest, but if you look at it on google earth
    Navajo sure looks bigger
    I bet there not counting the Colorado miles & lake shore in the NM estimate. Hell I think half of the lake is in Colorado. I know its big, if we dont meet are friends in the morning at the marina we usually dont see each other though out the day.

  9. #7
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    I'm going to make it up there this year, when does the water warm up?
    August??
    #55

  10. #8
    Boat Bling Distributor New Mexico Bullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Farmington NM
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    I'm going to make it up there this year, when does the water warm up?
    August??
    Haha yeah the top 6 inches You can get in around June but its chillllly. Dont forget to drop a-line before you head up here.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95