McPhee Boat Run July 11th
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 16

Thread:
McPhee Boat Run July 11th

  1. #1
    SingleShot Photography Pasties's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Charmington, NM
    Posts
    272

    Default McPhee Boat Run July 11th

    NM CO AZ UT .........



    Any other questions Call (505) 793-7280

    Ill be doing all the Photos for this event

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    SingleShot Photography Pasties's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Charmington, NM
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Ok so Patti the owner of Blondies is awesome, we set up rooms for everybody at the Baymont in Cortez friday or saturday night or both. It has huge boat parking and is next to the Holiday Inn. The Holiday Inn only had 4 rooms available that night but the Baymont has us 15 set up for both nights for the Poker Run. The Room Rate is 90 bucks, and Patti said most of the rooms have a queen and a King in them. Baymont hotel's # is 970-565-3400 . Its got an indoor pool and hot tub ....so get your rooms everybody.

    Im gonna be doing pics at the poker run we can do a floating shot of everybody in your boat or a pic of just the boat no people ...the size will be a huge 16x20 for $25, or we can do both shots for $45.00


    Patti is also looking into getting the fight that night since some of you were complaining about not getting to see ufc 100 if you go to poker run, there is a bar in cortez close to blondies that does get the fight each time.....but she does have a live band there that night and all the poker run prizes will be given out

  4. #3
    Boat Bling Distributor New Mexico Bullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Farmington NM
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Does this Baymont have security? That would be very good if so!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    26' Daytona BADLANDS JET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    FARMINGTON N.M.
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by New Mexico Bullet View Post
    Does this Baymont have security? That would be very good if so!
    We got are room now show me the cards.........Is there a speed limit on that lake? and how big is it? Knot that I can brake it any ways

  7. #5
    SingleShot Photography Pasties's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Charmington, NM
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by New Mexico Bullet View Post
    Does this Baymont have security? That would be very good if so!

    Call up there and ask, for ****s sake do i gotta do everything?

  8. #6
    Boat Bling Distributor New Mexico Bullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Farmington NM
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Got are room reserved, they said they have about 30 rooms left as of about an hour ago.

  9. #7
    Boat Bling Distributor New Mexico Bullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Farmington NM
    Posts
    1,163

    Default McPhee INFO

    McPhee Reservoir is located in Montezuma County, Colorado, United States. It is the second largest artificial body of water in Colorado. It was constructed and is operated by the United States Bureau of Reclamation as part of the Dolores Project, and dams the Dolores River to furnish irrigation water for Montezuma and Dolores counties and the Ute Mountain Indian Reservation.
    McPhee Reservoir is named for McPhee, Colorado, a company town founded by the New Mexico Lumber Company, that is now submerged under the reservoir. In 1927, the McPhee sawmill produced over half of Colorado's lumber. The town housed up to 1,500 employees. The sawmill closed in 1946. [1]
    The lake itself may be accessed from near Dolores, Colorado by CO-145 and CO-184, and offers various boat-launching facilities, picnic areas, and campgrounds in the McPhee Recreation Area operated by the US Forest Service. The lake fills the lower end of the Dolores Valley, with the dam completed in 1985 across Dolores Canyon.





    McPhee Reservoir-
    Just outside of Dolores, this 4,470 acre reservoir is approximately nine miles long with several side inlets. High speed boating is restricted to the main channel. The Beaver Creek inlet is almost eight miles in length and looks like it offers peaceful paddling.

    Location:About 10 miles north of Cortez in southwest Colorado
    Region:US Forest Service - San Juan National ForestSetting:MountainousLake Size:7 square milesElevation:6920 feetSeason:Year-roundFeatures:Campground
    Activities:Boating
    Fishing
    Fish Types:Bluegill
    Catfish
    Crappie
    Kokanee Salmon
    Largemouth Bass
    Rainbow Trout
    Smallmouth Bass
    Yellow Perch
    Access Fee:No FeeMap:USGS 1:24000 - Trimble Point

    Mcphee Boat Launch - Six-lane concrete boat ramp, fish-cleaning station, two courtesy boat docks, flush toilets, drinking water.


    McPhee Marina – Small marina serving snacks and meals beginning at 11a.m. Dry Boat storage available. Some fishing bait and tackle. Closed Monday and Tuesdays. Open through August.





    This all could find about the lake, and I cant find anywhere that say's there is a speed limit on the lake

  10. #8
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    at 6920 ft elevation you wont have to worry about a speed limit
    #55

  11. #9
    Boat Bling Distributor New Mexico Bullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Farmington NM
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    at 6920 ft elevation you wont have to worry about a speed limit

    Haha yeah thats nose bleed city for sure But only 900ft higher than Navajo Lake.

  12. #10
    SingleShot Photography Pasties's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Charmington, NM
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by New Mexico Bullet View Post
    McPhee Reservoir is located in Montezuma County, Colorado, United States. It is the second largest artificial body of water in Colorado. It was constructed and is operated by the United States Bureau of Reclamation as part of the Dolores Project, and dams the Dolores River to furnish irrigation water for Montezuma and Dolores counties and the Ute Mountain Indian Reservation.
    McPhee Reservoir is named for McPhee, Colorado, a company town founded by the New Mexico Lumber Company, that is now submerged under the reservoir. In 1927, the McPhee sawmill produced over half of Colorado's lumber. The town housed up to 1,500 employees. The sawmill closed in 1946. [1]
    The lake itself may be accessed from near Dolores, Colorado by CO-145 and CO-184, and offers various boat-launching facilities, picnic areas, and campgrounds in the McPhee Recreation Area operated by the US Forest Service. The lake fills the lower end of the Dolores Valley, with the dam completed in 1985 across Dolores Canyon.





    McPhee Reservoir-
    Just outside of Dolores, this 4,470 acre reservoir is approximately nine miles long with several side inlets. High speed boating is restricted to the main channel. The Beaver Creek inlet is almost eight miles in length and looks like it offers peaceful paddling.

    Location:About 10 miles north of Cortez in southwest Colorado
    Region:US Forest Service - San Juan National ForestSetting:MountainousLake Size:7 square milesElevation:6920 feetSeason:Year-roundFeatures:Campground
    Activities:Boating
    Fishing
    Fish Types:Bluegill
    Catfish
    Crappie
    Kokanee Salmon
    Largemouth Bass
    Rainbow Trout
    Smallmouth Bass
    Yellow Perch
    Access Fee:No FeeMap:USGS 1:24000 - Trimble Point

    Mcphee Boat Launch - Six-lane concrete boat ramp, fish-cleaning station, two courtesy boat docks, flush toilets, drinking water.


    McPhee Marina – Small marina serving snacks and meals beginning at 11a.m. Dry Boat storage available. Some fishing bait and tackle. Closed Monday and Tuesdays. Open through August.





    This all could find about the lake, and I cant find anywhere that say's there is a speed limit on the lake
    Wow thanks Captain Information .....it does say high speed boating is restricted to the main channel.....

  13. #11
    Boat Bling Distributor New Mexico Bullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Farmington NM
    Posts
    1,163

    Default Breakfast anyone?

    Morning from Kentucky. Providing I make it back in time what do you guys think about meeting in Kirtland around 6am on Saturday, at that breakfast place on the left as your heading into town from Farmington then we can all head up to Cortez after??

  14. #12
    SingleShot Photography Pasties's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Charmington, NM
    Posts
    272

    Default

    It Kountry Family Breakfast in Kirtland ....or if anyone has any other ideas throw it out there

  15. #13
    Lake Cruiser, Wave Maker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    70

    Default

    There is no security at that hotel.....should not be any issues though Cortez is pretty layed back.

    Mcphee is not a huge lake but lots of room to play and if you head north up the canyon there are some awesome places to cliff dive that are over 200-feet deep according to the fish finder lol.

  16. #14
    Boat Bling Distributor New Mexico Bullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Farmington NM
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 358ciHD View Post
    There is no security at that hotel.....should not be any issues though Cortez is pretty layed back.

    Mcphee is not a huge lake but lots of room to play and if you head north up the canyon there are some awesome places to cliff dive that are over 200-feet deep according to the fish finder lol.
    Were meeting in the morning for breakfast then heading out. Come and bring the family the more the merrier

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95