Want the budget back on track? - Reply to Topic

Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Want the budget back on track?

Your Message

 

Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces)

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 04-17-2012, 09:50 AM
    AzMandella
    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu1986 View Post
    It was more of a joke TG but since you posted this. Do you think Palin was qualified to be President. And don't bore with she would be better then Obama. BTW. Heres a link for you.

    How many presidents were vice presidents? - Yahoo! Answers
    Yeah but the Gaff Master Idiot Biden would be just fine huh.
  • 04-16-2012, 11:01 PM
    The Doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu1986 View Post
    Heres a fact you can't hide behind. McCain picks another running mate and he wins.

    Doc. Check out the ad on the wall in this thread. Post #10. About 4 pics down.

    Drag of a day. - River Dave's Place
    First and foremost, Palin wasn't the problem, she was the target! The media had their field day with misinformation and the sheep bought it. Anyone who wanted facts would have looked at her record in office and quickly seen that she not only saved Alaska a great deal of money but that she took unpopular stands against the status-quo to make the citizens of Alaska a much better place for the residents. Keep in mind that the media and the likes of Letterman had spent the past 8 years working over every single move Bush made as if he was the real problem with our country when the 110th and 111th congress ran spending up the flag pole in Kenyan-like fashion. Once they sold that story, they went after Palin and her personal family just like the tactless opportunists that they are. The only down side is that people like you bought their bogus info.

    As far as the billboard ad goes, that's our home track and yes, I support my own where I can. I've seen it a time or two and it's strategically located to be included in lots of photos. To date, that sign has brought us two interested prospects that haven't purchased a thing but the opportunity to support my local track makes it worth every penny and it has cost us lots and lots of pennies to display there. They have now been open well over over 40 years thanks to local business support. Did you think that was a good thing or something else bad about me?
  • 04-16-2012, 05:47 PM
    thatguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu1986 View Post
    How did I get hammered. I just post the facts. Look them up and post where I was wrong.

    As far as the link to the post in RD's place. The ad is for Docs work in case you wanted to know.

    Sorry I'm not in union management.
    I saw that earlier on RDP...though I must admit it took a while to look past the "subjects" in the pic!
  • 04-16-2012, 05:35 PM
    Havasu1986
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    so you got hammered on your last posts and thought you wold move along to something else, we noticed!

    maybe you should take your own advice to doc a few posts back, I suggest you quit because you suck at quoting facts that are unbiased. keep up the good work, the union management needs mindless dimwits to achieve there selfish goals.
    How did I get hammered. I just post the facts. Look them up and post where I was wrong.

    As far as the link to the post in RD's place. The ad is for Docs work in case you wanted to know.

    Sorry I'm not in union management.
  • 04-16-2012, 05:15 PM
    Jake
    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu1986 View Post
    Heres a fact you can't hide behind. McCain picks another running mate and he wins.

    Doc. Check out the ad on the wall in this thread. Post #10. About 4 pics down.

    Drag of a day. - River Dave's Place


    so you got hammered on your last posts and thought you wold move along to something else, we noticed!

    maybe you should take your own advice to doc a few posts back, I suggest you quit because you suck at quoting facts that are unbiased. keep up the good work, the union management needs mindless dimwits to achieve there selfish goals.
  • 04-16-2012, 05:12 PM
    thatguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu1986 View Post
    Heres a fact you can't hide behind. McCain picks another running mate and he wins.

    Maybe, but which selection would the Dems have "approved" of and not slaughtered in the Media?

    Answer: no one.

    Yes, Palin made it easier, but your' statement sort of proves my point.

    Was the Dem party so afraid of Palin and possibly her future that they focused on her almost exclusively instead of McCain?

    Was McCain so weak as to not even worry about him? (From the Dem viewpoint)

    If so, what difference would the VP candidate make?

    The fact is that voting for the VP instead of the Pres. candidate makes NO sense at all.
    The left and media found it necessary to virtually destroy Palin as if SHE was the candidate.
    Why?

    Why do you believe that the VP candidate is SO important as to control the election. Because of McCains age?
    Is that how you figure out who to vote for?
    You actually bought that media rhetoric?

    Let me ask this, since we are dealing in hypotheticals' here.

    Biden VS Palin...How say you?
  • 04-16-2012, 05:01 PM
    Havasu1986
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Facts allude Bobby. He's simply opportunistically taking typical liberal media shots at the people's chosen representative. He'll completely dismiss her fiscal responsibility and prudent actions taken in office and concentrate on Katie Couric's misinformation as if it was true or mattered. Fact is, Palin did more for her constituency in her State than the Kenyan has in any post he has ever been given. Again it's not about facts, as they allude these liberals.
    Heres a fact you can't hide behind. McCain picks another running mate and he wins.

    Doc. Check out the ad on the wall in this thread. Post #10. About 4 pics down.

    Drag of a day. - River Dave's Place
  • 04-16-2012, 03:43 PM
    The Doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Not so fast there funny man...lets not forget WHY she resigned. (I don't see where Doc implied She served a full term)

    The Dem smear machine pulled out ALL the stops to devour her, and her bank account.

    Congrats on forcing a VERY good Governor to resign from office in one of the few States that has it's shit together.
    Are you proud of that?

    A casual observer would think that Palin was the one running for Pres., not McCain.
    Facts allude Bobby. He's simply opportunistically taking typical liberal media shots at the people's chosen representative. He'll completely dismiss her fiscal responsibility and prudent actions taken in office and concentrate on Katie Couric's misinformation as if it was true or mattered. Fact is, Palin did more for her constituency in her State than the Kenyan has in any post he has ever been given. Again it's not about facts, as they allude these liberals.
  • 04-16-2012, 01:42 PM
    thatguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu1986 View Post
    Sarah never finished a full term. If you are part of the GOP recruiting team I suggest you quit because you suck at it.
    Not so fast there funny man...lets not forget WHY she resigned. (I don't see where Doc implied She served a full term)

    The Dem smear machine pulled out ALL the stops to devour her, and her bank account.

    Congrats on forcing a VERY good Governor to resign from office in one of the few States that has it's shit together.
    Are you proud of that?

    A casual observer would think that Palin was the one running for Pres., not McCain.
  • 04-16-2012, 01:22 PM
    Havasu1986
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Yeah sure, and my grandfather was George Washington!

    Do your research on Palin then get back to us. Show me another governor who did as much for their state in one term as she did and
    finished that term with an 80% approval rating. You've been listening to Katie Couric and the liberal press again haven't you? Yeah, you will keep your options open until the liberal press tells you Romney hates children or his running mate's daughter is pregnant then you will run and vote for the admitted cocaine user who has all but bankrupt our country again instead of a seasoned fiscal conservative who balances budgets and refuses to spend more than he takes in. You are such a comic Bobby. Go re-read your last three years of political posts and there's little doubt your union mentality will drive you right back to the Kenyan for the "finish off America" term.
    Sarah never finished a full term. If you are part of the GOP recruiting team I suggest you quit because you suck at it.
  • 04-14-2012, 12:25 AM
    The Doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu1986 View Post
    Sorry Doc. Busy day at work. I am slightly leaning towards Romney. Maybe 60/40 right now. But then again I was the same with McCain until he picked his running mate. Time will tell over the next couple months during the campaign and the debates.
    Yeah sure, and my grandfather was George Washington!

    Do your research on Palin then get back to us. Show me another governor who did as much for their state in one term as she did and finished that term with an 80% approval rating. You've been listening to Katie Couric and the liberal press again haven't you? Yeah, you will keep your options open until the liberal press tells you Romney hates children or his running mate's daughter is pregnant then you will run and vote for the admitted cocaine user who has all but bankrupt our country again instead of a seasoned fiscal conservative who balances budgets and refuses to spend more than he takes in. You are such a comic Bobby. Go re-read your last three years of political posts and there's little doubt your union mentality will drive you right back to the Kenyan for the "finish off America" term.
  • 04-13-2012, 09:13 PM
    Havasu1986
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    A FORMER VP running and winning POTUS is a different scenario.

    Not sure how true it is. But I heard some where that Rubio may turn down the VP if its offered because the odds against a losing VP becoming the President is not very good. And he wants to be President some day.

    How many how many losing vice presidential candidates eventually became president
  • 04-13-2012, 08:54 PM
    bp298
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Not so sure about that ... Romney doesn't own a huge beer distributorship like John McCains wife does
    that is some really funny shit right there z.

    but let's recap

    you said:

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Realistically here is Romney's base :

    1. Mormons
    2. The 1% (Wealthy internationalist plutocrats, bankers, Wall Street, corporations, Israel lobby).
    3. Old Republican establishment
    4. People who really hate Obama.

    That's it folks!

    His lack of appeal with millions of working middle class and Tea Party Republicans, senior citizens, women, Christian fundamentalists, unions members, minority groups, government employees, veterans, anti-War and anti-interventionist ,unemployed people, etc. was so weak it cost him and his billionaire friends a fortune just to buy the Republican primary even when competing against a real cast of incompetent clowns!!!

    He, his supporters, and the Republican establishment don't have enough money to buy the general election because Obama , his supporters , and the Democrats will will be spending similar amounts to buy it too !

    What Romney barely sold in the Republican primary won't sell for shit in the general election.
    if i recall correctly, you were all about ron paul. romney has gained, what, 500 electoral votes, while ron paul has, what, 1? now, out of all the contenders, which one's with any experience at all were not solely running on a "social conservative" platform, that were not named romney and paul?? it's not that the social conservative platform doesn't have weight. but romney, above and beyond anything else, nas proven to be a fiscal conservative. doc has laid out the record over and over, yet you seem to want to dismiss it. that record, coupled with what ozero has done over the past 3 1/2 years, is the primary issue for any fiscal conservative. and whether rep's are socially conservative or not, they are ALL fiscally conservative, patriotic, and believe this country is the world leader.
    i'm not any way shape or form mormon. i can only wish i was a 1%er. no way i'm "old" repub establishment, whatever that is in your mind. and i don't hate obama; i hate everything he's done driving this country to bankruptcy, buying gm, giving billions away for kickbacks, 5.5 trillion in debt that will turn to 6 trillion before the election, and what he stands for.

    ... and if any of those other candidates had thought that bringing up, or bashing romney over his mormon faith, you don't think ANY of them would have played that card if they thought they could get a few delegates out of it? not one??????

    you probably think janet from another planet was a better gov than jan brewer. i don't see any "occupy" marches in the streets begging for a change back to napolitano.
  • 04-13-2012, 08:35 PM
    AzMandella
    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu1986 View Post
    I added a few things to my post above. Based on experience no McCain had more. But thats just becuase he is 20 some years older. You are close to my age 51 I think. I / You have 20 plus more years on some of the other guys in your / mine trade. Just because we have more time doesn't always mean we are the most qualified or best person for the job.
    As much as I agree with what you say it seems to me you didn't vote based on those principals. Sure tenure does not alway's mean greater knowledge or better craftsmanship. It wasn't like O had a term or two under his belt in the Senate before running for Pres. He had a total of 3 yrs. 2 in Chicago and 1 maybe 1-1/2 in the Senate. The man spent more time campaigning than he ever did in office. You worry aout the VP. Well I'd be willing to bet thet under McCain/Palin our energy policy would be much stronger and we would have not accumulated as much debt and not printed money like crazy and reduced our credit rating. Bottom line O had zero applicable experience and Biden was your quintesetial example of tons of tenure and still an Idiot. Could you truly say that you think Biden would have been better for America than Palin ? Hell his gaffs are a joke as a VP. If he were pres and constantly in the spotlight we would look like the biggest bunch of idiots in the world.
This thread has more than 14 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95