BBC 572 race motor - Reply to Topic

Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: BBC 572 race motor

Your Message

 

Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces)

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 03-16-2014, 10:41 PM
    Franger
    Quote Originally Posted by Gone Green View Post
    Randy, I remembered the other guys username, "track1" ... I went back and re read that guys "parts for sale" threads and subsequent posts, check his old threads out. This guy sounds like the same guy who emailed me those BS pics ... Same MO ... never posts pics, can't get any detailed build info just vague basically meaningless replies, not worth even kicking his tires ... I'd say "Buyer Beware" ...
  • 03-16-2014, 01:14 PM
    ugly duck
    Quote Originally Posted by magnum1 View Post
    Its a shafiroff built motor, Moroso oil pump and pan, and pics were sent, build sheet and dyno sheet will go with motor when a serious non tire kicker mf will buy it because it seems to me that's what we have here a bunch of tire kickers flapping their gums away. If you really looking to spend money act like it because this is no junk here you already have an idea what's in the motor other specs will be given to the buyer so man up and break open your piggy bank if your for real



    well i am kicking tires, but im also going to buy, bad enoughf thinking about buying a motor without atleast poping the pan and a couple caps and knowing whats in it.thank you for helping me with my choice, good luck with your sell
  • 03-15-2014, 03:47 PM
    PCE680
    Quote Originally Posted by Franger View Post
    What is it with guys from new york who sell motors ... uglyduck asked for 5 separate bits of info but the new york motor seller only responded to one. Reminds me of another guy about a year ago (Gone Green remembers the guy) from new york who did the same thing, would only email pics never posted pics with his ad's. Always had the same story on every motor ... his son had made 20 or so 1/8th mile passes in a car bla bla bla

    Hope the magnum1 new guy isn't the same looser as the other guy...
    Tire kicker.
  • 03-14-2014, 11:06 PM
    snoc653
    Quote Originally Posted by magnum1 View Post
    Its a shafiroff built motor, Moroso oil pump and pan, and pics were sent, build sheet and dyno sheet will go with motor when a serious non tire kicker mf will buy it because it seems to me that's what we have here a bunch of tire kickers flapping their gums away. If you really looking to spend money act like it because this is no junk here you already have an idea what's in the motor other specs will be given to the buyer so man up and break open your piggy bank if your for real
    IF YOU'RE FOR REAL is the magic question. Three times you've listed this engine. And you haven't answered a single spec question on it. If you have the dyno sheet why can't you answer the HP question? And the point is, we have no idea what is in the engine. We know what you say is in it, but since you are reluctant to answer questions about it, how do we KNOW what's in it?

    It does sound like a great engine. And if it is what you claim it is, it's a great deal for someone. But why not show the build sheet and dyno sheets if they help you sell the engine? Just a suggestion.
  • 03-14-2014, 10:24 PM
    Gone Green
    Quote Originally Posted by Franger View Post
    What is it with guys from new york who sell motors ... uglyduck asked for 5 separate bits of info but the new york motor seller only responded to one. Reminds me of another guy about a year ago (Gone Green remembers the guy) from new york who did the same thing, would only email pics never posted pics with his ad's. Always had the same story on every motor ... his son had made 20 or so 1/8th mile passes in a car bla bla bla

    Hope the magnum1 new guy isn't the same looser as the other guy...
  • 03-14-2014, 10:00 PM
    magnum1
    Its a shafiroff built motor, Moroso oil pump and pan, and pics were sent, build sheet and dyno sheet will go with motor when a serious non tire kicker mf will buy it because it seems to me that's what we have here a bunch of tire kickers flapping their gums away. If you really looking to spend money act like it because this is no junk here you already have an idea what's in the motor other specs will be given to the buyer so man up and break open your piggy bank if your for real
  • 03-14-2014, 11:47 AM
    snoc653
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattle Can Lou View Post
    You always have to watch a guy who has 9 posts...
    All of which apply to selling the same apparent engine. He first listed it on 7-19, bumped it a few times, re-listed on 11-22, and re-listed again yesterday. He's never answered any questions on the engine other than to refer someone back to the thread to address the fact that the engine is in NY.

    If I was the seller and needed an engine to go that was priced well below what it cost to build, I would be answering as many questions as possible. Either that or he doesn't really need it to go.
  • 03-14-2014, 11:32 AM
    Rattle Can Lou
    You always have to watch a guy who has 9 posts...
  • 03-14-2014, 11:05 AM
    Franger

    Magnum1 did you read uglyducks post

    Quote Originally Posted by ugly duck View Post

    1. who did machine work/built this piece,


    2. build sheet
    ?

    3. what oil pan/pump


    4. can you shoot some pics please ?

    5. location?
    [email protected]
    thank you
    What is it with guys from new york who sell motors ... uglyduck asked for 5 separate bits of info but the new york motor seller only responded to one. Reminds me of another guy about a year ago (Gone Green remembers the guy) from new york who did the same thing, would only email pics never posted pics with his ad's. Always had the same story on every motor ... his son had made 20 or so 1/8th mile passes in a car bla bla bla

    Hope the magnum1 new guy isn't the same looser as the other guy...
  • 03-13-2014, 08:52 PM
    magnum1

    572

    Location is NY let me know if ya still interested
  • 03-13-2014, 05:27 PM
    ugly duck

    intrested

    Quote Originally Posted by magnum1 View Post
    Selling an all new built 572 BBC motor with all new parts built for nitrous has 14.5:1 comp, merlin block, eagle crank, Manley nitrous super 70 rods, wiseco pistons, erson custom roller cam, Crower hippo lifters, bowtie heads 861 castings all ported match dominator super victor intake, jesel belt drive, ati bal, has 0 passes, 0 hours, ready to go just bolt on a carb and ingnition $9k obo cost more to build must go
    who did machine work/built this piece, build sheet? what oil pan/pump can you shoot some pics please ? location? [email protected]
    thank you
  • 03-13-2014, 02:36 PM
    magnum1

    BBC 572 race motor

    Selling an all new built 572 BBC motor with all new parts built for nitrous has 14.5:1 comp, merlin block, eagle crank, Manley nitrous super 70 rods, wiseco pistons, erson custom roller cam, Crower hippo lifters, bowtie heads 861 castings all ported match dominator super victor intake, jesel belt drive, ati bal, has 0 passes, 0 hours, ready to go just bolt on a carb and ingnition $9k obo cost more to build must go

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95