Help with Co2 near roseville?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread:
Help with Co2 near roseville?

  1. #1
    Senior Member bwurst1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Roseville CA.
    Posts
    379

    Default Help with Co2 near roseville?

    Does anyone know of a place that will refill 2 1/2 pound co2 bottle? Would really like to fill with nitrogen but no one seams to do it. Ive tried Air-gas and Harris. Air-gas has to order and will take up to a week. Harris wants to exchange my nice, clean, new bottles for there old, ugly and dingy ones. Its like pulling teeth getting them to fill mine. I never thought I would have such a hard time getting these things filled. Ive also heard of people filling there own off a bigger co2 bottle. Anyone doing this? Could you give me some incite on how to do this?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    ptc
    ptc is offline
    Senior Member ptc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sacramento Area
    Posts
    3,746

    Default

    Try Les Schwab... they do all their tires in nitro now.... they may refill a bottle.
    1975 Sanger True Flat - 496 BBC
    http://v-drivecalifornia.blogspot.com/

  4. #3
    Senior Member h2oquik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    San Diego Ca.
    Posts
    177

    Default Beer Keg Refills

    We have a place here that refills Keg Bottles and will do smaller bottles. So check to se if you have a keg store around.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member Pm/pe122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,300

    Default fill

    paintball supply shop should be able to fill , i use SOLON fire extinguisher supply in rancho cordova ,to fill my fill bottle , if you need it now i can do it for you asap , im in pollock pines , i wont even charge you ,
    Ten - 8 Trucking "no habla" "no allah"

  7. #5
    Senior Member bwurst1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Roseville CA.
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pm/pe122 View Post
    paintball supply shop should be able to fill , i use SOLON fire extinguisher supply in rancho cordova ,to fill my fill bottle , if you need it now i can do it for you asap , im in pollock pines , i wont even charge you ,
    Wow that's way cool of you I don't need it ASAP but I do know there will come a time when I will. How do you fill them? I would love to be able to do it myself!

  8. #6
    Senior Member Pm/pe122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    SOLON in rancho can get you what you need , i think we paid about a hundred for the big fill bottle . you will need them to pull the tube outa the bottle and get a scale ,(fish scale , analog , digital doesnt matter ) they are a couple bucks , your 2.5 lb should go most the summer if you dont have any leaks and are not actuating too often , hope this info helps . PS, it helps to chill your small bottle in a cooler or freezer prior to filling to get max fluid transfered , but not required !
    Ten - 8 Trucking "no habla" "no allah"

  9. #7
    Senior Member Pm/pe122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    btw , you must read your small bottle , 2.5 doesnt meen 2.5 of fluid , it meens total weight , DO NOT OVERFILL ! i have done this and it is not pretty ! have the techs at SOLON run you thruogh it , if not i will .
    Ten - 8 Trucking "no habla" "no allah"

  10. #8
    Senior Member bwurst1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Roseville CA.
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pm/pe122 View Post
    SOLON in rancho can get you what you need , i think we paid about a hundred for the big fill bottle . you will need them to pull the tube outa the bottle and get a scale ,(fish scale , analog , digital doesnt matter ) they are a couple bucks , your 2.5 lb should go most the summer if you dont have any leaks and are not actuating too often , hope this info helps . PS, it helps to chill your small bottle in a cooler or freezer prior to filling to get max fluid transfered , but not required !
    Quote Originally Posted by Pm/pe122 View Post
    btw , you must read your small bottle , 2.5 doesnt meen 2.5 of fluid , it meens total weight , DO NOT OVERFILL ! i have done this and it is not pretty ! have the techs at SOLON run you thruogh it , if not i will .
    Good info here. thanks a bunch. Ill be in touch.

  11. #9
    Broke Member monstertahiti78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Folsom, CA
    Posts
    386

    Default

    i use solon fire control in rancho to fill my cO2 for the kegorator. reasonably priced and good people. gotta go mon-fri though.

  12. #10
    Senior Member bwurst1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Roseville CA.
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Just got back from Solon. Great people there! Thanks guys for the referral. Will be going back there. Its a shame the local "filling company" has such poor customer service.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95