June 2,2012 Boat and Car Show. Dont miss this one!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 16

Thread:
June 2,2012 Boat and Car Show. Dont miss this one!

  1. #1
    Senior Member norcal73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake County, Ca
    Posts
    576

    Default June 2,2012 Boat and Car Show. Dont miss this one!

    This event will be held at Konocti Vista Casino Hotel and Marina located at 2755 Mission Rancheria Rd. Lakeport, Ca 95453. The date will be June 2, 2012. California Speedboat Assn. in conjunction with ACBS Wood & Glory XIV Classic Boat Show and 21st Annual No Name Car Show. Boats will be displayed at dockside and trailered. Come and join the Biggest Car and Boat Show in Northern California.

    For the people who come Friday night:
    Hotels; Skylark Shores Resort
    Audrey Gonzales
    (707)263-6151 Fax: (707)263-7733
    1120 N. Main Street
    Lakeport CA, 95453
    Anchorage Inn
    Jitu Ishwar
    (707)263-5417 Fax: (707)263-5453
    950 N. Main St.
    Lakeport CA, 95453
    Mallard House Inn
    Lily Vincent
    (707)262-1601 Fax: (707)263-4764
    970 N. Main St.
    Lakeport CA, 95453
    Regency InnBob Patel
    (707)263-3551 Fax: (707)263-4762
    1010 N. Main St.
    Lakeport CA, 95453
    Konocti Vista Casino Resort and Marina
    Andy Chantri
    (707)262-1900 Fax: (707)262-1978
    2755 Mission Rancheria Rd.
    Lakeport CA, 95453
    Robinson Rancheria Casino and Resort
    Michael Hunter
    (707)275-9000 Fax: (707)275-9100
    1545 E. Hwy 20
    Nice CA, 95464-4017
    Super 8 Motel
    Ken Parmar
    (707)275-0888 Fax: (707)275-2566
    450 E. Hwy 20
    Upper Lake CA, 95485

    --------------------For the Campers:-------------------------

    Willow Point RV & Campground One First St.
    Lakeport, CA 95453 (707) 263-5896

    Clear Lake State Park 5300 Soda Bay Rd.
    Kelseyville, CA 95451 (800) 444-7275
    Edgewater Resort & R.V. Park 6420 Soda Bay Rd.
    Kelseyville, CA 95451 (707) 279-0208


    There are many more Hotels, Inns, Campgrounds in Lake County. Just listing a few.


    Directions From I-5: Take Hwy 20 exit by Williams. Go west 48.5 miles. Turn Left onto Hwy 29 just past Upper Lake. Go 10 miles til you come to the stoplight just past Lakeport. Left turn. Take west Exit at South Main St/Soda Bay Rd. (Right turn at stop sign). Proceed down Soda Bay Rd for 1.7 miles. Turn Left onto Rancheria Rd, Konocti Casino Sign.

    Directions From Hwy 101: Take Hwy 20 East Exit #555B. Go east for 19.5 miles. Take Hwy 29 turn off. Go 10 miles til you come to the stoplight just past Lakeport. Left turn. Take west Exit at South Main St/Soda Bay Rd. (Right turn at stop sign). Proceed down Soda Bay Rd for 1.7 miles. Turn Left onto Rancheria Rd, Konocti Casino Sign.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Mussel inspection

    For those out of the area, would you need a mussel cert or inspection just to show and not get wet?

  4. #3
    Senior Member norcal73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake County, Ca
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LandSpeedRacer View Post
    For those out of the area, would you need a mussel cert or inspection just to show and not get wet?
    Don't need mussel cert if for trailer display and not going in the water.

    norcal

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member norcal73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake County, Ca
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Here is the flyer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SCAN0077.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	158956  

  7. #5
    Senior Member norcal73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake County, Ca
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Answer to the PMs. Free to come check out the boat and car show. Also heard the car show people are going to have a BBQ and a DJ.

  8. #6
    Senior Member norcal73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake County, Ca
    Posts
    576

    Default

    UPDATE For The Weekenders--- June 2

    Skylark Resort only has 2 rooms left for the weekend of the 2nd of June.

    Willow Point RV and Campground aka Will-O-Point has 2 Full Hookups and Some Tent Campsites left.

    Lakeport is filling up quick for weekend of June 2nd.

    Konocti Vista Casino Resort and Marina does have RV Spaces, not sure about rooms.
    (707)262-1900 Fax: (707)262-1978
    2755 Mission Rancheria Rd.
    Lakeport CA, 95453

    --------I have not checked these:----------
    Edgewater Resort & R.V. Park 6420 Soda Bay Rd.
    Kelseyville, CA 95451 (707) 279-0208

    Robinson Rancheria Casino and Resort
    (707)275-9000 Fax: (707)275-9100
    1545 E. Hwy 20
    Nice CA, 95464-4017

    Super 8 Motel
    (707)275-0888 Fax: (707)275-2566
    450 E. Hwy 20
    Upper Lake CA, 95485

    Or the State Park by Kelseyville
    5300 Soda Bay Rd.
    Kelseyville, CA 95451 (800) 444-7275

  9. #7
    Senior Member norcal73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake County, Ca
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Less than two weeks to go.

  10. #8
    I know nothing
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mendocino county
    Posts
    82

    Default

    How are things looking as far as boats go for the show? Gonna drive over from Ukiah to check things out. My mom's fiance has a '71 Sanger called The Outlaw that used to run on Clearlake a bit. Tim Ford used to own it. I don't think he'd want to bring the boat though.

  11. #9
    Senior Member norcal73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake County, Ca
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlinginLead View Post
    How are things looking as far as boats go for the show? Gonna drive over from Ukiah to check things out. My mom's fiance has a '71 Sanger called The Outlaw that used to run on Clearlake a bit. Tim Ford used to own it. I don't think he'd want to bring the boat though.
    I hope a load of boats make it to the show. I just pass on the word. Bob Silva (California Speedboat Assn), the contact on the bottom of the flyer would know who or what is coming to the show on boats. Car guys have been taking up rooms around the lake for the weekend of the 2nd. I know that name, Tim Ford. Do you know Bud from Ukiah? I heard he has some v-drive stuff at his shop, along with some blower engines, parts.

    Norcal73

  12. #10
    I know nothing
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mendocino county
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Yeah Bud Mullens is his name. From what I heard he used to do the heads for Plum Crazy. He has one of Ed Brown's Avenger flatties with a blown 408 in it thats been garaged since '97. I'm not sure what he may have as far as vdrive parts but I do know he has a well built BBC there as well. His best buddy is my neighbor.

  13. #11
    Senior Member norcal73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake County, Ca
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlinginLead View Post
    Yeah Bud Mullens is his name. From what I heard he used to do the heads for Plum Crazy. He has one of Ed Brown's Avenger flatties with a blown 408 in it thats been garaged since '97. I'm not sure what he may have as far as vdrive parts but I do know he has a well built BBC there as well. His best buddy is my neighbor.

    I know a couple of the crew, TFH, Wildside aka Plumb Crazy. Too bad everything went south for Jerry. Was cool watching his boat at Red Bluff.

  14. #12
    Senior Member norcal73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake County, Ca
    Posts
    576

    Default

    For anyone who wants to bring their vintage hot boat or race boat to the show on June 2. There will be a registration table set up from 7am-9am by Konocti Vista Casino. For more event info contact (707) 964-1711

  15. #13
    I know nothing
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mendocino county
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norcal73 View Post
    I hope a load of boats make it to the show. I just pass on the word. Bob Silva (California Speedboat Assn), the contact on the bottom of the flyer would know who or what is coming to the show on boats. Car guys have been taking up rooms around the lake for the weekend of the 2nd. I know that name, Tim Ford. Do you know Bud from Ukiah? I heard he has some v-drive stuff at his shop, along with some blower engines, parts.

    Norcal73
    Tim Ford is from here in Ukiah and has a Kurtis hydro. He previously ran a '72 Sanger gullbottom called Flat Broke and a '71 Sanger true flat called The Outlaw.

    How is the vdrive scene on Clearlake? We've heard rumor of some blown boats hiding in Redwood Valley but have yet to see one on Mendo. The only quick boat we've really seen is a baby blue and white jet with a 502.

  16. #14
    Senior Member norcal73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake County, Ca
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlinginLead View Post
    Tim Ford is from here in Ukiah and has a Kurtis hydro. He previously ran a '72 Sanger gullbottom called Flat Broke and a '71 Sanger true flat called The Outlaw.

    How is the vdrive scene on Clearlake? We've heard rumor of some blown boats hiding in Redwood Valley but have yet to see one on Mendo. The only quick boat we've really seen is a baby blue and white jet with a 502.
    Clear Lake still has some old school Hot Boats. Not like what it was. Most who once ran them, now drive pontoon boats. Go figure. The younger crowd are into offshore style boats and wakeboard boats. Some of us are still floating around, cruising from place to place. With the occasional clearing the carbs throats. Lol. I know there is a cool blown gas flat with the enderle setup on the east side of the lake. We tried to launch at mendocino, guy with authority told us not to launch or get wrote up.

    Norcal73

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95