Help stop the tunnels (save our delta)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread:
Help stop the tunnels (save our delta)

  1. #1
    rollin on the river DAVEO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oakley, CA
    Posts
    1,918

    Default Help stop the tunnels (save our delta)

    I just signed the petition, "TAKE ACTION: Oppose the Delta Tunnels!."

    I think this is important. Will you sign it too?

    Here's the link:

    http://www.change.org/p/take-action-...-delta-tunnels

    Thanks,

    15000 signatures is the goal
    Alcohol free since 8/8/1993
    My life is just a dream....

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    a.k.a. "Mean Pair" Nice Pair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I want out of Kalifornia
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVEO View Post
    I just signed the petition, "TAKE ACTION: Oppose the Delta Tunnels!."

    I think this is important. Will you sign it too?

    Here's the link:

    http://www.change.org/p/take-action-...-delta-tunnels

    Thanks,

    15000 signatures is the goal
    Name:  thumbs%20up copy.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  7.1 KBWe only need 3900 more signatures to make the goal. Lets double or triple it!
    Last edited by Nice Pair; 10-30-2015 at 06:29 AM.
    Skater Tanks - The Real Story > http://fullscreenphotos.com/a3bbc

    2018 Dog & Andy's II > http://fullscreenphotos.com/a6c34

    6-22-2018 Lunch Run > http://fullscreenphotos.com/ad3c0

    2018 Shasta Cat Attack XIV > http://fullscreenphotos.com/a9e60

    5-26-2018 Veterans Day Run > http://fullscreenphotos.com/a67c0

    Who R those guy's > http://fullscreenphotos.com/a150d

















  4. #3
    Laps Timed By Sundial halcyon days's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    580

    Default

    yeah I'll sign, but would be next to impossible to block socal's water greed.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    ptc
    ptc is offline
    Senior Member ptc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sacramento Area
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Stop jerry brown again!!!!

    Done! -
    This whole “water tunnel thing” is driven by Jerry Brown and his friendship with Stewart and Lynda Resnik, the politically influential Beverly Hills billionaires behind Fiji bottled water, POM pomegranate juice and a Central Valley almond and pistachio operation that the industry says is one of the world's largest! Who’s working for WHO I ASK?????


    AND HERE IS WHY:
    People around the world are eating over 1,000 percent more California almonds than they did just a decade ago, and last year almonds became the top export crop in the nation's top agriculture state. China's booming middle class is driving much of the demand. That strong Asia market is producing up to 30 percent returns for investors, prompting agri-businesses to expand almond planting in the state by two-thirds in the past decade.

    "The crop" has come to be dominated by global corporations and investment funds. Rows of almond trees now cover nearly 1 million acres in California, many of them on previously virgin hillsides or in pastures or desert with little rain or local water. Since each tiny nut requires a gallon of water, almonds are consuming 1.07 trillion gallons annually in the state, one-fifth more than California families use indoors.

    FOLLOW THE MONEY PEOPLE!!!!!
    1975 Sanger True Flat - 496 BBC
    http://v-drivecalifornia.blogspot.com/

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,342

    Default

    Almost all of the water problem is caused by the farmers in the southern San Joaquin valley....Over the previous 100 years they have pumped all the water out of the ground(Which has subsided by 50'+), and now investment firma are buying up the land, and instead of seasonal crops that don't use water during the late summer/winter and can be left bare in drought years, they are planting Almond trees that need water year 'round.....Then they want to buy the CA legislature and have the original water rights tore up so they can get ALL the water to them.

    Surprisingly, back during the vote for the original peripheral canal, LA/Southern CA stood with us and voted against the canal....Only 20 % of controlled water in CA goes to residential and business, while 80% goes to agriculture......I'm not against farming/ranching- We need them!....But they should do their fair share of conserving...I drove up to Englebright lake in 2013 and 2014, thru the central valley- Mile after mile of rice paddies flooded with water- those farmers had gotten together with the Seirra club and were "Creating a flyway for water fowl".......OK, but mile after mile flooded shallow in the 95* central valley?! Great way to evaporate a bazillion gallons! Thank Gosh we aren't in a drought....

  8. #6
    ptc
    ptc is offline
    Senior Member ptc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sacramento Area
    Posts
    3,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cvxjet View Post
    Almost all of the water problem is caused by the farmers in the southern San Joaquin valley....Over the previous 100 years they have pumped all the water out of the ground(Which has subsided by 50'+), and now investment firma are buying up the land, and instead of seasonal crops that don't use water during the late summer/winter and can be left bare in drought years, they are planting Almond trees that need water year 'round.....Then they want to buy the CA legislature and have the original water rights tore up so they can get ALL the water to them.

    Surprisingly, back during the vote for the original peripheral canal, LA/Southern CA stood with us and voted against the canal....Only 20 % of controlled water in CA goes to residential and business, while 80% goes to agriculture......I'm not against farming/ranching- We need them!....But they should do their fair share of conserving.. I drove up to Englebright lake in 2013 and 2014, thru the central valley- Mile after mile of rice paddies flooded with water- those farmers had gotten together with the Seirra club and were "Creating a flyway for water fowl".......OK, but mile after mile flooded shallow in the 95* central valley?! Great way to evaporate a bazillion gallons! Thank Gosh we aren't in a drought....
    None of this has anything to do with the SOCAL water grab.... RICE is the third largest crop for CA growers behind almonds and grapes (each at around $5M year) based on info here:

    https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/statistics/

    Rice doesnt exist in CA just because the farmers got with the TREE HUGGER-NAZIS.... but because its production fullfills a HUGE industry in an otherwise unsuitable soil for any other crop! Its also produces so much more for the state and its people of NORCAL AND SOCAL! see the facts here about FLOODED FIELDS and why it is GOOD FOR CA!

    American Commodity Company » The Facts About California Rice Production

    as you pointed out - FLOODED almond fields where no water ever existed before is NOT GOOD FOR CA. This is the point people need to understand.
    1975 Sanger True Flat - 496 BBC
    http://v-drivecalifornia.blogspot.com/

  9. #7
    pay me or pay me no mind 707DOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    vallejo,cali
    Posts
    3,266

    Default

    Signed tried to share on facebook but kept giving me a error code


    I call it the brain tube, I've been telling her the more time she spends on it, the smarter it's going to make her.

  10. #8
    Senior Member PE 340's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    LHC,AZ
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVEO View Post
    I just signed the petition, "TAKE ACTION: Oppose the Delta Tunnels!."

    I think this is important. Will you sign it too?

    Here's the link:

    http://www.change.org/p/take-action-...-delta-tunnels

    Thanks,

    15000 signatures is the goal
    Just call your GAY gov.

  11. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,342

    Default

    I fully understand that at this moment, the rice farmers aren't causing as blatant a problem as the almond farmers, but while everyone else in CA is conserving, seeing mile after mile of flooded fields seems a little....wasteful.....When we completely run out of water- lakes are bottomed, rivers dry, and all CA can't take showers or flush toilets......At least the rice farmers can still get their FULL maximum profit...To bad they can't conserve a little- but they are number one, and were here first....The rest of us just need to dry up and get out!

  12. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Tried to sign but it says petition is closed at 11,300 signatures.

  13. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rocklin, Calif.
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redeye1620 View Post
    Tried to sign but it says petition is closed at 11,300 signatures.
    makes you wonder huh?

  14. #12
    Senior Member uniboarder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    480

    Default

    "Follow the money"...... < That. When was the last time a CA politician went for higher office. It seems to be very profitable where they sit.

  15. #13
    AARP Member Rocket-J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilroy, Ca.
    Posts
    732

    Default Water waste and money talks

    I bit off topic but:
    The City of Gilroy has 7 wells that serve our city. We import no water from anyone.
    This last year was the second water limitation since I moved here.
    In the last two years, the city have issued building permits for 20,000 new homes, half of them are built already.
    These huge subdivisions habe a great deal of landscaping. It has to be money that permitted this to happen. No other
    logical reason. Money talks.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95