New 22 Daytonas
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 70

Thread:
New 22 Daytonas

  1. #1
    Senior Member eliminate25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    212

    Default New 22 Daytonas

    Anyone here have any experience with these? Outboard or I/O. Interested in any comments.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eliminate25 View Post
    Anyone here have any experience with these? Outboard or I/O. Interested in any comments.
    Bullhead Bully does...

  4. #3
    OBC Gestapo Bullhead Bully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ and So Cal
    Posts
    1,221

    Default 22 Daytona

    I have a twin OB 22 and I also had the first new 22 out of the mold with a 525 in it. The boat is unbelievable in all conditions under 4-5 foot chop i could go on and on about but it is just easier if you PM me your Number and i will call you and answer all of your questions.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member Not So Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    3,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullhead Bully View Post
    I have a twin OB 22 and I also had the first new 22 out of the mold with a 525 in it. The boat is unbelievable in all conditions under 4-5 foot chop i could go on and on about but it is just easier if you PM me your Number and i will call you and answer all of your questions.
    4-5 ft chop, come on now, I'm at 28 ft long and I dont even go out in 3 ft chop NSF
    CHARGERS ROCK !!!!

  7. #5
    Senior Member Familycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Jose CA
    Posts
    848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullhead Bully View Post
    I have a twin OB 22 and I also had the first new 22 out of the mold with a 525 in it. The boat is unbelievable in all conditions under 4-5 foot chop i could go on and on about but it is just easier if you PM me your Number and i will call you and answer all of your questions.

    I have a 22 Daytona with a mild built 502. It is getting older and we are thinking of a newer boat. We have been looking a Mach 22 with twins but not sure. Which boat do you prefer, the twins or the 525?

    Rick
    Last edited by Familycat; 02-12-2008 at 08:27 AM.
    "Equity at its Best"

  8. #6
    OBC Gestapo Bullhead Bully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ and So Cal
    Posts
    1,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Familycat View Post
    I have a 22 Daytona with a mild built 502. It is getting older and we are thinking of a newer boat. We have been looking a Mach 22 with twins but not sure. Which boat do you prefer, the twins or the 525?

    Rick
    Wow that is a tough call they are both SOO much fun , If you want something a littlle more mild go with the 525 at just under a 100 mph.If you need a little more wild go with the twins at just under 120 mph. Fuel useage is almost the same the twins are a little more efficent at about 3-4 mpg,the IO will get 2.4-2.6 mpg. I hope this helps.

  9. #7
    TwinWhackers
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullhead Bully View Post
    Wow that is a tough call they are both SOO much fun , If you want something a littlle more mild go with the 525 at just under a 100 mph.If you need a little more wild go with the twins at just under 120 mph. Fuel useage is almost the same the twins are a little more efficent at about 3-4 mpg,the IO will get 2.4-2.6 mpg. I hope this helps.

    Just out of curiosity...What is the price difference between the twins and the 525? I assume the twin 300XS setup is in the $125k range?

  10. #8
    TwinWhackers
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Familycat View Post
    I have a 22 Daytona with a mild built 502. It is getting older and we are thinking of a newer boat. We have been looking a Mach 22 with twins but not sure. Which boat do you prefer, the twins or the 525?

    Rick
    Step on up Rick!

  11. #9
    Senior Member Familycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Jose CA
    Posts
    848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TwinWhackers View Post
    Step on up Rick!
    That's the plan. Just trying to make the best choice for us.

    Rick
    "Equity at its Best"

  12. #10
    OBC Gestapo Bullhead Bully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ and So Cal
    Posts
    1,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not So Fast View Post
    4-5 ft chop, come on now, I'm at 28 ft long and I dont even go out in 3 ft chop NSF
    I get into 4 foot chop I don't go looking for it in my 22 when I am in the 28 I go looking for it . But to answer your coment the bottom on the NEW 22 is very deep and does suprising well in the the slop,I love poaching Havasu Poker runs and getting the looks when I pass 30 footers in crap water . The boat just works very well. It suprises alot of people.

  13. #11
    TwinWhackers
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullhead Bully View Post
    I get into 4 foot chop I don't go looking for it in my 22 when I am in the 28 I go looking for it . But to answer your coment the bottom on the NEW 22 is very deep and does suprising well in the the slop,I love poaching Havasu Poker runs and getting the looks when I pass 30 footers in crap water . The boat just works very well. It suprises alot of people.
    We're you surprised when that all white/black Mach 22 with twins put a whoopin' on you in Havasu a while back? That was my buddy...he said you were quite surprised!

  14. #12
    OBC Gestapo Bullhead Bully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ and So Cal
    Posts
    1,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TwinWhackers View Post
    We're you surprised when that all white/black Mach 22 with twins put a whoopin' on you in Havasu a while back? That was my buddy...he said you were quite surprised!
    I don't think I could forget it if it was me . But it wasn't me or my boat .

  15. #13
    OBC Gestapo Bullhead Bully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ and So Cal
    Posts
    1,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TwinWhackers View Post
    We're you surprised when that all white/black Mach 22 with twins put a whoopin' on you in Havasu a while back? That was my buddy...he said you were quite surprised!
    I will be out this weekend in BHC running come on up we should have at least 12" of water.

  16. #14
    the silver bullet! TUNNEL T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    disovery bay
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TwinWhackers View Post
    We're you surprised when that all white/black Mach 22 with twins put a whoopin' on you in Havasu a while back? That was my buddy...he said you were quite surprised!
    WHY THE HELL IS JASON NOT ON THESE BOARDS !!! I think i met you at havasu with him last year in june . i 'm anthony with the silver 26 !!!!
    FINAL TOUCH DETAILING

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95