help with setup on mach26 twin 300's
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 19

Thread:
help with setup on mach26 twin 300's

  1. #1
    mach26 300's dschifan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    So Cal/Willow Valley
    Posts
    1,216

    Default help with setup on mach26 twin 300's

    I have the twin 300promax's on my mach26 spinning the 30p labbed bravo's. i was wondering about the motor height on this boat should be as well as anything else to help the speed as far as props, or tweaking the props go. i was at elsinore last weekend and just can't get this thing over 98 with two people and low fuel. anyone have any props i can try or any ideas??? thanks

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    TwinWhackers
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dschifan View Post
    I have the twin 300promax's on my mach26 spinning the 30p labbed bravo's. i was wondering about the motor height on this boat should be as well as anything else to help the speed as far as props, or tweaking the props go. i was at elsinore last weekend and just can't get this thing over 98 with two people and low fuel. anyone have any props i can try or any ideas??? thanks
    I've probably got 250-300 hours of driving time between both my parents old Mach 26's with twins. Here's my advice, which I mentioned from the beginning:

    (1) Buy yourself a set of 4 Blade Merc Labbed 15x32 Cleavers.
    (2) Strap them on.
    (3) You'll now enjoy your Mach 26.

    I do not know why anybody runs bravos on twin engine Mach 26 setups. I've driven one with a set up 30P bravos and absolutely hated it...That guy has since bought a set of 15x32's. I'm sure Miggy will chime in here, as he drove the same boat as me and had a similar experience.

    BTW - I'd recommend taking your motors over to Eric Simon to "waken" them up. The old 300PMs are pretty sluggish, especially in the twin setup. My parents brand new out of the box 2000 Mach barely ran 100 (if that)...The 300x motors really liven the Mach 26 hull up and it'll run 100 with ease.

  4. #3
    mach26 300's dschifan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    So Cal/Willow Valley
    Posts
    1,216

    Default

    thanks kevin i was thinking of going to simon as well, i remember you telling me they worked on your old 21 daytona with 300promax. the boat will barely creep to 6100rpm with the 30's so do you think i should look for those in 30's instead of 32's???? oh and does anyone have a set i could try or wanna trade for my 30 labbed bravos plus cash??

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    TwinWhackers
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dschifan View Post
    thanks kevin i was thinking of going to simon as well, i remember you telling me they worked on your old 21 daytona with 300promax. the boat will barely creep to 6100rpm with the 30's so do you think i should look for those in 30's instead of 32's???? oh and does anyone have a set i could try or wanna trade for my 30 labbed bravos plus cash??
    No problem...I would try both 15x30 and 15x32 4 blades. Might as well try 3 blades as weel. As I remember, the 300PMs spun the 32's but at my old age I cannot be 100% certain.

    Give Eric a call..he's a stand up guy! If you had the coin, I'd give him $7500/motor to make a set of monster 330HP 1 Year Warrantied "Simonized" 3.1L's. Talk about being able to spanks 300X's.

    How's the business doin? Nice truck...looks like things are going well!

  7. #5
    100% Pimp 50% of the Time Boatfloating's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Temecula CA
    Posts
    1,516

    Default

    Take it to Lakeland in Havasu and they'll put them 3" below bottom and cut your nice looking Billet brackets and your boat will run like crap..... Other than that Lakeland is awesome......
























    NOT!!!!!!!

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I.E. & L.H.C.
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatfloating View Post
    Take it to Lakeland in Havasu and they'll put them 3" below bottom and cut your nice looking Billet brackets and your boat will run like crap..... Other than that Lakeland is awesome......
























    NOT!!!!!!!
    Dam Thats harsh!!!!! but I can see your fustration...

  9. #7
    mach26 300's dschifan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    So Cal/Willow Valley
    Posts
    1,216

    Default

    ya i been thinking about those simon motors, would love to have them, no more coin now with the new truck, put it all into the lift and stuff. these damn new diesels are expensive business is ok, getting real busy now the spring and summer is on the way. hows it going for you???



    Quote Originally Posted by TwinWhackers View Post
    No problem...I would try both 15x30 and 15x32 4 blades. Might as well try 3 blades as weel. As I remember, the 300PMs spun the 32's but at my old age I cannot be 100% certain.

    Give Eric a call..he's a stand up guy! If you had the coin, I'd give him $7500/motor to make a set of monster 330HP 1 Year Warrantied "Simonized" 3.1L's. Talk about being able to spanks 300X's.

    How's the business doin? Nice truck...looks like things are going well!

  10. #8
    Northern CA DCB Sales Boatmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Discovery Bay, CA
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    I know your boat very well. I have driven your boat with 32 14.5 4 blade labbed cleavers at 6200 at 103mph. In my opinion the 5 mph you gain on top end is not worth what you give up in plaining time and mid range punch. Interior noise is much less with the Bravos also. I would not go any higher with your motors. You could add thru-hulls, but your handling will suffer. Hope this helps. Drew

  11. #9
    TwinWhackers
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatmaster View Post
    I know your boat very well. I have driven your boat with 32 14.5 4 blade labbed cleavers at 6200 at 103mph. In my opinion the 5 mph you gain on top end is not worth what you give up in plaining time and mid range punch. Interior noise is much less with the Bravos also. I would not go any higher with your motors. You could add thru-hulls, but your handling will suffer. Hope this helps. Drew
    Dustin - I will admit that Drew is correct. With the 300PMs and cleavers, your hole shot and acceleration will suck. Especially when the boat is loaded. My best recommendation is to "liven" up your motors a little.

  12. #10
    mach26 300's dschifan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    So Cal/Willow Valley
    Posts
    1,216

    Default

    ya i have been talking to drew as we speak, he thinks he still has the cleavers he ran on my boat since it was once his i'm going to look into what simon can do for me to give me a little extra kick. just don't have too much coin to dump right now. i mostly run the boat with two to three people and half tanks, so i will see what happens.


    Quote Originally Posted by TwinWhackers View Post
    Dustin - I will admit that Drew is correct. With the 300PMs and cleavers, your hole shot and acceleration will suck. Especially when the boat is loaded. My best recommendation is to "liven" up your motors a little.

  13. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    27

    Default 300pro max

    the complete 335's will cost around 12k each. I recommend you do the heads, water poppet, exaust and flywheel for a start.
    Heads are $845 pair
    water poppet - $245 each
    Fly wheel- $300 w/core and is 3.5lbs lighter, each
    exaust is labor.
    I know these motors inside and out if you have any questions feel free to ask. As i own 3 of them 2 on a 24' Liberator and 1 on a kevlar 21' daytona.
    Chris

  14. #12
    mach26 300's dschifan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    So Cal/Willow Valley
    Posts
    1,216

    Default

    anyone else have a set of 32 four blade cleavers or know of any for sale???

  15. #13
    Senior Member NiceGuyEddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Anaheim Hills
    Posts
    5,838

    Default

    Nice new truck dustin!

  16. #14
    mach26 300's dschifan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    So Cal/Willow Valley
    Posts
    1,216

    Default

    thanks dennis, i see you got the same thing going on, like the color of yours, love the diesel!


    Quote Originally Posted by rIVERtRASH View Post
    Nice new truck dustin!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95