Tabs
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 26

Thread:
Tabs

  1. #1
    Senior Member KineticoH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chino Hills
    Posts
    1,558

    Default Tabs

    How important do you think tabs are on a 27 cat. Since I'm having my first built im trying to figure what extra' are a must.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Havasu1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Yorba Linda & Lake Havasu
    Posts
    6,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KineticoH20 View Post
    How important do you think tabs are on a 27 cat. Since I'm having my first built im trying to figure what extra' are a must.
    What part of the river or lake are you mostly going to use your boat.

  4. #3
    Ultra 27 Shadow shippingguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Murrieta, CA/ Ft. Mohave, AZ
    Posts
    1,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KineticoH20 View Post
    How important do you think tabs are on a 27 cat. Since I'm having my first built im trying to figure what extra' are a must.
    If you are going to be pulling kids on tubesm skis, etc. the nI would definitley get them, but if not you really are wasting money adding those to your 27 Shadow. I have had two 27's and did not have them on the first one or this one. I have also driven two or 3 that had them and never used them at all. JMO

    Mike

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member KineticoH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chino Hills
    Posts
    1,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shippingguy View Post
    If you are going to be pulling kids on tubesm skis, etc. the nI would definitley get them, but if not you really are wasting money adding those to your 27 Shadow. I have had two 27's and did not have them on the first one or this one. I have also driven two or 3 that had them and never used them at all. JMO

    Mike
    Nope no boarding and next to no tubing, so i'll save the $$. thx Mike

  7. #5
    Senior Member KineticoH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chino Hills
    Posts
    1,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu1986 View Post
    What part of the river or lake are you mostly going to use your boat.
    Hell i'm all over, plus I plan on spending time off-shore and in the harbors.

  8. #6
    Ultra 27 Shadow shippingguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Murrieta, CA/ Ft. Mohave, AZ
    Posts
    1,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KineticoH20 View Post
    Nope no boarding and next to no tubing, so i'll save the $$. thx Mike
    Your welcome.

  9. #7
    just a member John.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mira Loma, CA
    Posts
    614

    Default

    I have them. I think they're great. makes the boat pop right out of the water for planing. also makes it easier to stay on plane at low speeds. I think its worth the investment.

  10. #8
    Senior Member Not So Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    3,559

    Default

    I dont have them and agree with Mike. One other (like theres only one) Magic owner asked me if I had them and said I should get them. So for a gazzilion dollars I can get on plane 2 seconds quicker, I think not. NSF
    CHARGERS ROCK !!!!

  11. #9
    Ultra 27 Shadow shippingguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Murrieta, CA/ Ft. Mohave, AZ
    Posts
    1,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John. View Post
    I have them. I think they're great. makes the boat pop right out of the water for planing. also makes it easier to stay on plane at low speeds. I think its worth the investment.
    That boat should not be hard to keep on plane at slow speeds. Once on plane it stays there at least that is my experience with the boat. JMO

  12. #10
    just a member John.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mira Loma, CA
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shippingguy View Post
    That boat should not be hard to keep on plane at slow speeds. Once on plane it stays there at least that is my experience with the boat. JMO
    hmmm. how slow can you go and still stay on plane? maybe mine is different because it weighs significantly more than other 27 shadows. If I am cruising in the 15 to 20 mph range, I drop the tabs to help keep the nose down.

  13. #11
    Ultra 27 Shadow shippingguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Murrieta, CA/ Ft. Mohave, AZ
    Posts
    1,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John. View Post
    hmmm. how slow can you go and still stay on plane? maybe mine is different because it weighs significantly more than other 27 shadows. If I am cruising in the 15 to 20 mph range, I drop the tabs to help keep the nose down.
    Yeah yours may weight quite a bit more in the rear. Tabs would definitley help in this situation. I have just never had a need for them.

  14. #12
    Senior Member Sig Ep Mock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    525

    Default

    We have them on our 27 Shadow and I use them when getting on plane....not a huge difference but it is noticable especially when I have a full boat load and full tanks.

    They are also helpful when cruising slow....we've actually pulled tubers and a skier and it really helped then....I've heard they scrub 1 to 2 mph off top speed but so does a ton of stereo

    If you want you can drive our boat sometime and see the difference for yourself. Just let me know and we can set-up a time.

    Chris

  15. #13
    Senior Member Sig Ep Mock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KineticoH20 View Post
    How important do you think tabs are on a 27 cat. Since I'm having my first built im trying to figure what extra' are a must.
    So what power? Details man ...details

  16. #14
    Senior Member KineticoH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chino Hills
    Posts
    1,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sig Ep Mock View Post
    So what power? Details man ...details
    Thx for the offer Chris, were putting in the Ho, 70 is plenty for an old goat like me. Our cruise speed is always around 50. I should have bought the Shadow the day we were both in, oh-well lesson learned. We are really looking forward to the season in a new 27, see you out there. Don

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95