22' eliminator daytona quistion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 20

Thread:
22' eliminator daytona quistion

  1. #1
    Senior Member nasty toys racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    620

    Default 22' eliminator daytona quistion

    i have a 93 22' daytona 500-550 hp 468 blown entercooled bravo 1 imco lower running a 29 pitch prop the guy i bought it off of said they gps this thing at 110, now i dont no if it was with this prop or a smaller one but i had 4 big guys in it light on fuel and gps it at 83 my question is , i get a porpose from around 70 - 80 and it cant seem to pull out of it, im trimed up around 1/2 to a little over 1/4,at half up it seems to be flying a little high,wether it is or not i dont no,do these 22' need tunnle tabes,i spoke to eliminator and they said more than likely it needed tabes,i spoke to greg at cutting edge props and he said its over proped he would build a 27 pitch, eliminator said they run 30 pitch props ,, WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS HERE ANY IS APPRECIATED THANKS
    Last edited by nasty toys racing; 07-11-2011 at 01:11 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Platinum Member BigSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Close to the water...
    Posts
    2,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nasty toys racing View Post
    i have a 93 22' daytona 500-550 hp 468 blown entercooled bravo 1 imco lower running a 29 pitch prop the guy i bought it off of said they gps this thing at 110, now i dont no if it was with this prop or a smaller one but i had 4 big guys in it light on fuel and gps it at 83 my question is , i get a porpose from around 70 - 80 and it cant seem to pull out of it, im trimed up around 1/2 to a little over 1/4,at half up it seems to be flying a little high,wether it is or not i dont no,do these 22' need tunnle tabes,i spoke to eliminator and they said more than likely it needed tabes,i spoke to greg at cutting edge props and he said its over proped he would build a 27 pitch, eliminator said they run 30 pitch props ,, WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS HERE ANY IS APPRECIATED THANKS
    In 06 my friend and I bought a pair of 22 Daytonas

    One was set up I/O the other Outboard

    We both put on Lenco tunnel tabs

    Worked out great Much better start fully loaded and just a tap down and porpose goes away
    If you ain't the lead dog the view is always the same !

  4. #3
    Senior Member Hullshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dicovery Bay
    Posts
    4,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nasty toys racing View Post
    i have a 93 22' daytona 500-550 hp 468 blown entercooled bravo 1 imco lower running a 29 pitch prop the guy i bought it off of said they gps this thing at 110, now i dont no if it was with this prop or a smaller one but i had 4 big guys in it light on fuel and gps it at 83 my question is , i get a porpose from around 70 - 80 and it cant seem to pull out of it, im trimed up around 1/2 to a little over 1/4,at half up it seems to be flying a little high,wether it is or not i dont no,do these 22' need tunnle tabes,i spoke to eliminator and they said more than likely it needed tabes,i spoke to greg at cutting edge props and he said its over proped he would build a 27 pitch, eliminator said they run 30 pitch props ,, WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS HERE ANY IS APPRECIATED THANKS
    from about 75-95 they will porpose and some very bad, single step bottom. power through it as quick as possible to about 100 then you can back it down to about 90 and it will still stay up. Dont think tabs will help much if any at all, you are just forcing the boat back in the water and it wants to ride above the water. Try to put the boat in a slight turn when it starts to hop and it should calm it down a lot, but as soon as you go straight it comes back.
    You never said what gears you ran either, I ran a 30 and 32 with a 1.50 at over 6K. best of 117.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Platinum Member BigSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Close to the water...
    Posts
    2,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hullshot View Post
    from about 75-95 they will porpose and some very bad, single step bottom. power through it as quick as possible to about 100 then you can back it down to about 90 and it will still stay up. Dont think tabs will help much if any at all, you are just forcing the boat back in the water and it wants to ride above the water. Try to put the boat in a slight turn when it starts to hop and it should calm it down a lot, but as soon as you go straight it comes back.
    You never said what gears you ran either, I ran a 30 and 32 with a 1.50 at over 6K. best of 117.
    I just got back from running are 22 daytona today

    I agree with you on your driving tip, what we have found in testing on 4 daytonas single and twin outboards and 2 i/o

    Tunnel taps have a controling affect on the air flow thru the tunnel at speed, a few benfits as

    water and wind conditions change can be had added driver comfort

    Plus a much better holeshot

    I would say it was worth the money no regrets at all

    It fixed many a ride problem each combo has
    If you ain't the lead dog the view is always the same !

  7. #5
    the silver bullet! TUNNEL T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    disovery bay
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hullshot View Post
    from about 75-95 they will porpose and some very bad, single step bottom. power through it as quick as possible to about 100 then you can back it down to about 90 and it will still stay up. Dont think tabs will help much if any at all, you are just forcing the boat back in the water and it wants to ride above the water. Try to put the boat in a slight turn when it starts to hop and it should calm it down a lot, but as soon as you go straight it comes back.
    You never said what gears you ran either, I ran a 30 and 32 with a 1.50 at over 6K. best of 117.
    you beat to this one !!!! i was going to send him your direction any ways
    FINAL TOUCH DETAILING

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    378

    Default

    I would highly recommend putting tabs! My buddy has kplanes on his 22 and has zero porpoise and runs like a 25 in the big stuff night and day difference in ride quality!

  9. #7
    Senior Member Hullshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dicovery Bay
    Posts
    4,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riotact View Post
    I would highly recommend putting tabs! My buddy has kplanes on his 22 and has zero porpoise and runs like a 25 in the big stuff night and day difference in ride quality!
    tunnel tabs I can see for packing air in the tunnels at lower speeds, trim tabs just add length to the boat at speed. There are very few tunnels that do not porpoise at all?? Extension boxes may help, Higher X's may help. I think the newer 22's are way better for the hopping problem but the early to mid 90's seemed to be the worst in I/O configurations.
    We all seem to have had some different results with the early 22's. So to tab or not to tab is your question to yourself?
    Also with tabs either on the tunnels or sponsons at 70-75mph you may be able to plant the nose down so hard it wont hop. that speed is where that boat is trying to begin to transition and it may be hard to cure completely. Good luck with it.

  10. #8
    Junior Member B.A.R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    i had a 1992 with blown 502, without without the blower would porpose bad at around 70, put a small amount of power and blew right threw it, 4 dudes,full of fuel, 30 labbed prop 102 gps,no tabs. Oh imco 1 inch lower

  11. #9
    Senior Member Hullshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dicovery Bay
    Posts
    4,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B.A.R View Post
    i had a 1992 with blown 502, without without the blower would porpose bad at around 70, put a small amount of power and blew right threw it, 4 dudes,full of fuel, 30 labbed prop 102 gps,no tabs. Oh imco 1 inch lower
    yes you can use the muscle of the motor to pull it through it.

  12. #10
    Diesel Pimp WINspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East Bay, ca
    Posts
    1,256

    Default Horsepower?

    It seems to me that hull needs more than 550hp to run 110. Any thoughts? It takes my 21 around 700hp to run that number.

  13. #11
    Senior Member Hullshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dicovery Bay
    Posts
    4,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WINspeed View Post
    It seems to me that hull needs more than 550hp to run 110. Any thoughts? It takes my 21 around 700hp to run that number.
    Yes

  14. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WINspeed View Post
    It seems to me that hull needs more than 550hp to run 110. Any thoughts? It takes my 21 around 700hp to run that number.
    You would probably have to just about double that number to see 110 in a 22!

  15. #13
    Senior Member nasty toys racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riotact View Post
    You would probably have to just about double that number to see 110 in a 22!
    ive gps'ed it at 90 with me and the old lady , im kinda going out on a lim here saing its 500-550 what do you guys think a well built 468" blown entercooled 5-6# of boost produces,and is the 29 pitch prop to much greg over at cutting edge props seems to think so he said a 27 pitch prop would be ideal for that boat,also i talked to kenny over at eliminator and he said they make 2 different kinds of props , a bow lifting or a stearn lifting does that sound rite , he said the daytonas need the stearn lifting props

  16. #14
    blown daytona blowndaytona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Linwood,NC
    Posts
    21

    Default 22 eliminator

    take the guys out of the back and the boat will run, mine dont like weight in the back , souuld run triple digets no problem if x demension is high enoughm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95