[SOLD] 103 mph 468 BBC!!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 19

Thread:
103 mph 468 BBC!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member jockorace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Whitewright, TX
    Posts
    3,359

    Default 103 mph 468 BBC!!

    I'm currently nearing completion of a blown 496 for my Howard runner bottom, so.......putting this T/R 468 out there for sale. I ran this boat/motor last season to a best of 103 mph. The motor pulled 6,700 with an 18 gear and 16 pitch prop. VERY strong motor. I put the motor back in the boat a few weeks ago, since I haven't completed my new blower motor. This motor is an ex- Cody Rose deal, and was in the Voodoo Canoe Howard when I bought it.
    Motor info (as presented by previous owner);
    -.060 over for 468 c.i.
    -12.5-1 compression
    -Rectangular port closed chamber heads (early 396-427, big $$ to resto geeks)
    -BIG Isky Z-90 flat-tappet cam
    -1.7 alum. roller rockers
    -MSD 6AL ignition box w/blaster coil & 85551 distributer
    -ATI Super Damper harmonic balancer
    -Moroso pulley & 1-wire alternator
    -10 qt. nice chrome v-drive oil pan
    -polished finned timing cover w/Neovane V-505 water pump
    -Brand new polished aluminum valve covers (from Steelcomp)
    -Weiand polished tunnel ram w/2 750 DP Holleys, sdeways linkage & -6 fuel lines
    -BG 4-port regulator
    -complete T-stat system with all -8 braided lines/fittings (runs 160 degrees)
    -F-glas scoop w/rope deflector and neat intake cover
    -rare low profile HPC coated SANDERSON headers
    -mini starter
    -SFI flexplate
    You get everything you see in the pics with the exception of the motor plates & flywheel cover. This is a complete drop in deal if you have a v-drive boat. If you have a jet I will adjust the price accordingly for deletion of the pan/timing cover/water pump.
    The price for this COMPLETE motor package is....................................$4,500.00. This price is firm. I will part the motor out, however only after the long block sells first. I'm asking $2K for the long block. I will crate the motor for free and work with you on shipping via/Fastenal (they are very reasonable). Jocko
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1059.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	319001   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1060.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	319009   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1061.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	319017  
    Last edited by jockorace; 07-17-2013 at 08:27 AM.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Franger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    2,034

    Default

    Screamin deal ..... costs a lot more to build just a long block .... this won't last long
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #3
    Senior Member FIVE O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Priest River Idaho
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Not positive but likely from Paola in Oregon City. Very reputable builder. If wrong, sorry, no jack intended, just a good deal and likely at a third the build price....


    Home
    Last edited by FIVE O; 06-27-2013 at 12:06 PM.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Sent you a pm
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hesperia ca
    Posts
    368

    Default

    What would be the shipping to Hesperia ca 92345
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #6
    Senior Member jockorace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Whitewright, TX
    Posts
    3,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flyinbrian5 View Post
    What would be the shipping to Hesperia ca 92345

    For the complete setup.....or just the longblock? Either way, I'll have to check with Fastenal. Let me know how complete you want it. Thanks, Dave
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rocklin, Calif.
    Posts
    1,396

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Franger View Post
    Screamin deal ..... costs a lot more to build just a long block .... this won't last long
    BUT....its got MSD!!!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #8
    Senior Member Franger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    2,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gone Green View Post
    BUT....its got MSD!!!
    Stalker ....
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #9
    Senior Member rick gower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Broken Arrow,OK
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jockorace View Post
    I'm currently nearing completion of a blown 496 for my Howard runner bottom, so.......putting this T/R 468 out there for sale. I ran this boat/motor last season to a best of 103 mph. The motor pulled 6,700 with an 18 gear and 16 pitch prop. VERY strong motor. I put the motor back in the boat a few weeks ago, since I haven't completed my new blower motor. This motor is an ex- Cody Rose deal, and was in the Voodoo Canoe Howard when I bought it.
    Motor info (as presented by previous owner);
    -.060 over for 468 c.i.
    -12.5-1 compression
    -Rectangular port closed chamber heads (early 396-427, big $$ to resto geeks)
    -BIG Isky Z-90 flat-tappet cam
    -1.7 alum. roller rockers
    -MSD 6AL ignition box w/blaster coil & 85551 distributer
    -ATI Super Damper harmonic balancer
    -Moroso pulley & 1-wire alternator
    -10 qt. nice chrome v-drive oil pan
    -polished finned timing cover w/Neovane V-505 water pump
    -Brand new polished aluminum valve covers (from Steelcomp)
    -Weiand polished tunnel ram w/2 750 DP Holleys, sdeways linkage & -6 fuel lines
    -BG 4-port regulator
    -complete T-stat system with all -8 braided lines/fittings (runs 160 degrees)
    -F-glas scoop w/rope deflector and neat intake cover
    -rare low profile HPC coated SANDERSON headers
    -mini starter
    -SFI flexplate
    You get everything you see in the pics with the exception of the motor plates & flywheel cover. This is a complete drop in deal if you have a v-drive boat. If you have a jet I will adjust the price accordingly for deletion of the pan/timing cover/water pump.
    The price for this COMPLETE motor package is....................................$4,500.00. This price is firm. I will part the motor out, however only after the long block sells first. I'm asking $2K for the long block. I will crate the motor for free and work with you on shipping via/Fastenal (they are very reasonable). Jocko
    sent a pm
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Piedmont, OK
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Those heads alone to the right person are worth $1500!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  13. #11
    Senior Member APOLLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MAHTOMEDI,MN
    Posts
    389

    Default

    If you are cleaning shop again, I'll take the rest of the parts that came from the west cost! LOL
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  14. #12
    Senior Member littlejockocougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    pleasant hill
    Posts
    1,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by APOLLO View Post
    If you are cleaning shop again, I'll take the rest of the parts that came from the west cost! LOL
    Yeah, I am watching too!!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  15. #13
    Senior Member jockorace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Whitewright, TX
    Posts
    3,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by littlejockocougar View Post
    Yeah, I am watching too!!


    I have no idea what you're talking about......
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  16. #14
    SLOW MEMBER slowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jockorace View Post

    I have no idea what you're talking about......
    You trying to keep up with a small block?
    WORK HARDER, MILLIONS ON WELFARE DEPEND ON YOU.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95