Kieth Black Aluminum BBC for sale
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 23

Thread:
Kieth Black Aluminum BBC for sale

  1. #1
    Senior Member cripple midget racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Menifee, Ca.
    Posts
    266

    Default (SOLD) Keith Black Aluminum BBC for sale

    The Motor is SOLD !!! The motor is a Fresh,13.5:1, 496 cid. polished KB-500 block. It has Dart pro#1-345 heads. Profiler TR. 1050 Dominators. Jessel beltdrive, Jessel shaft rockers,areo space crank trigger, MSD-distributor, Dan Olson alum. oil pan, "Race-pump" fuel pump and reg., Star machine vacume pump & catch can.Scat crank,h-beam rods,Comp-roller cam, new roller lifters,new bearings,rings,and gaskets. It was dynoed at Paul Pfaff's shop @ over 900 hp.The motor was built by Mark Rapp @ Rapp Racing in Huntington Beach. It pushed my 18' CP 112mph @ 9.116 on the track at Bakersfield.

    Asking 16K, from oil pan to carbs.
    Thanks,Bubba-909-631-9888

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-04-18 10.10.37.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	719553   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-04-18 10.11.49.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	719561   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-04-18 10.11.35.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	719569   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-04-18 10.09.52.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	719577   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-04-18 10.12.00.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	719585  

    Last edited by cripple midget racing; 07-01-2015 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Sold

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    The member 1bdhondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    3,244

    Default

    Nice motor glws

  4. #3
    Senior Member PE 340's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    LHC,AZ
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Cady ?

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    "BOATLESS" blender over's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wildomar/Big River/OcotilloWells
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    I would give my left nut for this Mill...
    My nephew told me he met you the other day by recognizing your CP at your house.
    Are you selling the CP as well?

  7. #5
    Senior Member cripple midget racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Menifee, Ca.
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blender over View Post
    I would give my left nut for this Mill...
    My nephew told me he met you the other day by recognizing your CP at your house.
    Are you selling the CP as well?
    Your nephew was pretty cool. He was telling me a little bit about your 19'. Sounds like it will haul the mail !!!!
    Last edited by cripple midget racing; 05-14-2015 at 05:50 PM.

  8. #6
    Senior Member cripple midget racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Menifee, Ca.
    Posts
    266

    Default ttt

    Quote Originally Posted by cripple midget racing View Post
    The motor is a Fresh,13.5:1, 496 cid. polished KB-500 block. It has Dart pro#1-345 heads. Profiler TR. 1050 Dominators. Jessel beltdrive, Jessel shaft rockers,areo space crank trigger, MSD-distributor, Dan Olson alum. oil pan, "Race-pump" fuel pump and reg., Star machine vacume pump & catch can.Scat crank,h-beam rods,Comp-roller cam, new roller lifters,new bearings,rings,and gaskets. It was dynoed at Paul Pfaff's shop @ over 900 hp.The motor was built by Mark Rapp @ Rapp Racing in Huntington Beach. It pushed my 18' CP 112mph @ 9.116 on the track at Bakersfield.

    Asking 16K, from oil pan to carbs.
    Thanks,Bubba-909-631-9888

    I have the flex plate and PTO also

  9. #7
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default

    With a KB water jacketed block like this, are there also KB hemi heads that bolt onto this block? Sorry for the silly question, I know a quesiton like that would cause GN7 to blow a head gasket...

    What is the bore size on this block??? I see that the KB500 block can go up to 4.500" and take up to 4.75" stroke... Can you tell us the bore/stroke please, the average Chevy guy probably knows what bore/stroke makes a 496...

    We miss you Bob......
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 05-01-2015 at 05:25 PM.

  10. #8
    Senior Member cripple midget racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Menifee, Ca.
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    KB water jacketed block like this, are there also KB hemi heads that bolt onto this block? Sorry for the silly question, I know a quesiton like that would cause GN7 to blow a head gasket...

    What is the bore size on this block??? I see that the KB500 block can go up to 4.500" and take up to 4.75"... Can you tell us the bore/stroke, the average Chevy guy probably knows what bore/stroke makes a 496...

    We miss you Bob......
    The stock bore on a 454 BBC is 4.25.the stock stroke is 4.00 .with a .060 over bore it is 4.310 and a 4.25 stroke. that is the combo that is in this 496.
    When this KB block was ordered, i filled out a Spec sheet detailing what bore and stroke i was planning to use. The sleeves with the .060 over bore were then pressed into the block. The wall thickness is still original minus the finish honing. I hope that this helps.
    I don't know about hemi heads app.
    i know that there are some guys running hemi heads on some Ford motors. Maybe some else with that info can answer that question about putting them on a Mark IV block
    Last edited by cripple midget racing; 05-01-2015 at 12:09 PM.

  11. #9
    Senior Member brgrcru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montrose
    Posts
    2,676

    Default

    What a beautiful motor !

  12. #10
    Senior Member cripple midget racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Menifee, Ca.
    Posts
    266

    Default 496

    Quote Originally Posted by brgrcru View Post
    What a beautiful motor !
    Thanks for the compliments !!!

  13. #11
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cripple midget racing View Post
    The stock bore on a 454 BBC is 4.25.the stock stroke is 4.00 .with a .060 over bore it is 4.310 and a 4.25 stroke. that is the combo that is in this 496.
    When this KB block was ordered, i filled out a Spec sheet detailing what bore and stroke i was planning to use. The sleeves with the .060 over bore were then pressed into the block. The wall thickness is still original minus the finish honing. I hope that this helps.
    I don't know about hemi heads app.
    i know that there are some guys running hemi heads on some Ford motors. Maybe some else with that info can answer that question about putting them on a Mark IV block
    TY for the details... I know Arias makes hemi heads for BBC blocks, I didnt know if KB did, after looking at their site, it looks like all the hemi stuff is for their mopar spec stuff...

    And yes, looks killer...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 05-01-2015 at 05:26 PM.

  14. #12
    Senior Member cripple midget racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Menifee, Ca.
    Posts
    266

    Default Kb 496

    TTT

  15. #13
    Senior Member cripple midget racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Menifee, Ca.
    Posts
    266

    Default 496 KB Still for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by cripple midget racing View Post
    The motor is a Fresh,13.5:1, 496 cid. polished KB-500 block. It has Dart pro#1-345 heads. Profiler TR. 1050 Dominators. Jessel beltdrive, Jessel shaft rockers,areo space crank trigger, MSD-distributor, Dan Olson alum. oil pan, "Race-pump" fuel pump and reg., Star machine vacume pump & catch can.Scat crank,h-beam rods,Comp-roller cam, new roller lifters,new bearings,rings,and gaskets. It was dynoed at Paul Pfaff's shop @ over 900 hp.The motor was built by Mark Rapp @ Rapp Racing in Huntington Beach. It pushed my 18' CP 112mph @ 9.116 on the track at Bakersfield.

    Asking 16K, from oil pan to carbs.
    Thanks,Bubba-909-631-9888

    This motor is ready to Plug in and Go !!! The only run time this has on it since it was freshened up is on a run stand at Rapp's shop. Somebody must need or want a complete motor...

  16. #14
    Senior Member cripple midget racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Menifee, Ca.
    Posts
    266

    Default Aluminum 496 KB Motor

    TTT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95