Other I got screwed
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 17

Thread:
I got screwed

  1. #1
    Senior Member K-034's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    518

    Default I got screwed

    I'm posting this on here because I'm sure there is a lot of you that buy stuff on racing junk too, be aware of buying anything from a 317 area code in Avon IN, I bought a Pro Mag44 for 1,400 and it never showed up, what I got was a MSD rpm timers and now the guy will not return my calls or texts, please be cautious



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Village Idiot fc-Pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    3,310

    Default

    Thanks for the heads up.

    Paul

  4. #3
    the real honcho bagged97taco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    tucson az
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K-034 View Post
    I'm posting this on here because I'm sure there is a lot of you that buy stuff on racing junk too, be aware of buying anything from a 317 area code in Avon IN, I bought a Pro Mag44 for 1,400 and it never showed up, what I got was a MSD rpm timers and now the guy will not return my calls or texts, please be cautious



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sux for sure chris. Post up his number and email. we can all make his life hell!!!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member ELCHINGONROGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    lake havasu city
    Posts
    128

    Default

    that not good bud

  7. #5
    Senior Member blownsouthwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    surprise,AZ
    Posts
    155

    Default mag

    Quote Originally Posted by bagged97taco View Post
    sux for sure chris. Post up his number and email. we can all make his life hell!!!

    317-528-0880. I was going to buy it also, but the guy kept playing games.

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    619
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Did you pay by pay pal?
    Slinging Lead on and off the water for over 40 YRS

    82 18' Crusader Tunnel SOLD ,
    00 23' Mako 232 fish killer,SOLD
    78 19' Eliminator Daytona SOLD
    16 19' Predator/Cheyenne

  9. #7
    Senior Member blown86hallet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Belleville
    Posts
    722
    "Jealously" is an ugly emotion!

  10. #8
    Senior Member K-034's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blown86hallet View Post
    That's the guy, it really sucks that there I people out there that do shit like this, how do they even sleep at night. I did file a fraud claim with the FBI, but I don't think that will do anything

  11. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Charles, MO.
    Posts
    314

    Default

    When ever you send that much money always use paypal and your credit card. Don't ever send thru paypal as family. That eliminates any responsibility from paypal. You can also go through your credit card and claim fraud. Have you contacted Racing Junk about it also? Have you contacted the police in Avon about this?
    Last edited by gkimbel; 05-06-2016 at 08:24 AM.

  12. #10
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    So sorry to hear this crap happens in our racing community.
    For me, I always give out my verifiable contact information and request the same of others.
    It's wise for communication's sake and, can be valuable in tracking down a crook.

    I would love to hear a better ending to this story as he becomes exposed.
    The best things in life aren't things!

  13. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento area
    Posts
    1,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gkimbel View Post
    When ever you send that much money always use paypal and your credit card. Don't ever send thru paypal as family. That eliminates any responsibility from paypal. You can also go through your credit card and claim fraud. Have you contacted Racing Junk about it also? Have you contacted the police in Avon about this?
    Just to add one more thing to this great advice. Use an actual credit card not an Atm card. I used my atm card on a purchase the guy had the ability to biil to. When l recived the part it was not what the guy said he had. He was not trying to screw me, he just didnt know what he had for sale. When l asked for a refund, thats when the screwing began. I contested the purchase on my card. The bank said that the Atm tied to your bank account is not a Credit card, and does not have the same consumer protection as a Credit card. Meaning no legal recourse for the bank.
    So use a Credit Card, not an Atm when you purchase.
    I hope you get this worked out. And the guy jerking you around has to room with Ben Dover in jail.

    Be safe, schick
    Half the people in the world are below average.

  14. #12
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by blown86hallet View Post
    That link takes you to a fb profile of a woman with a downs kid

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  15. #13
    Senior Member wizbang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, WA
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Did you try finding him on ITA ?

  16. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    619
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schick View Post
    Just to add one more thing to this great advice. Use an actual credit card not an Atm card. I used my atm card on a purchase the guy had the ability to biil to. When l recived the part it was not what the guy said he had. He was not trying to screw me, he just didnt know what he had for sale. When l asked for a refund, thats when the screwing began. I contested the purchase on my card. The bank said that the Atm tied to your bank account is not a Credit card, and does not have the same consumer protection as a Credit card. Meaning no legal recourse for the bank.
    So use a Credit Card, not an Atm when you purchase.
    I hope you get this worked out. And the guy jerking you around has to room with Ben Dover in jail.

    Be safe, schick
    Most ATM cards have Visa or Master Card logos on them and can be used for credit its just how you run them ,Credit or Debit,Debut does have some protection and beings it was over a thousand dollars he can try Grand theft possibly , worth a try .
    Slinging Lead on and off the water for over 40 YRS

    82 18' Crusader Tunnel SOLD ,
    00 23' Mako 232 fish killer,SOLD
    78 19' Eliminator Daytona SOLD
    16 19' Predator/Cheyenne

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95