Looking for gen VI oil pan & timing cover
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread:
Looking for gen VI oil pan & timing cover

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default Looking for gen VI oil pan & timing cover

    Looking for a BBC gen 6 oil pan, "10 to 14 qt" with pick-up for my 78 flat. I also need a aluminum timing cover with a cam drive. Thanks.
    Last edited by cstrickland; 11-22-2009 at 04:48 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default

    anything out there?

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Rio Rancho
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Not sure what the difference is between a 5 and a 6 but I've got one for a 5 if that does you any good. (timing cover and drive)

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    LP-25.com Infomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Port Richey, FL
    Posts
    16,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy G View Post
    Not sure what the difference is between a 5 and a 6 but I've got one for a 5 if that does you any good. (timing cover and drive)
    Pan will work cover wont unless he drills and taps his block

  7. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default

    can you send me a pic

  8. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Rio Rancho
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I'm sorry if I mis-typed what I have. The only thing I have is the timing cover and pump drive. I also have the mounting bolts (allen head)/

    I'm not good with pics but if you look at Imcos catalog, it looks the same as the gen v with pump drive mounting. On the inside of the cover it is stamped with a number 2 and directly above it it has cast letters of "BB" on it. Hope this helps.

  9. #7
    Some guy obnoxious001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cstrickland View Post
    Looking for a BBC gen 6 oil pan, "10 to 14 qt" with pick-up for my 78 flat. I also need a aluminum timing cover with a cam drive. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy G View Post
    Not sure what the difference is between a 5 and a 6 but I've got one for a 5 if that does you any good. (timing cover and drive)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy G View Post
    I'm sorry if I mis-typed what I have. The only thing I have is the timing cover and pump drive. I also have the mounting bolts (allen head)/

    I'm not good with pics but if you look at Imcos catalog, it looks the same as the gen v with pump drive mounting. On the inside of the cover it is stamped with a number 2 and directly above it it has cast letters of "BB" on it. Hope this helps.
    The Gen 6 cover will have 6 bolt holes, and two dowel pin holes,, 8 total.

    The Gen 5 retained the older MK 4 bolt pattern, 10 bolt holes and 2 dowel pin holes,, 12 holes total, although the front pan seal area of the MK 4 and Gen 5 are entirely different.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95