Lightning headers for small block/Brand new
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 17

Thread:
Lightning headers for small block/Brand new

  1. #1
    CODE8 code8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    CHULA VISTA
    Posts
    105

    Default Lightning headers for small block/Brand new

    FOR SALE:
    Lightning Headers for small block. Brand new still in the box. Fresh water model, mandrel bent 304L stainless steel interior tubes with elbows and gaskets. 31.5” overall width, powder coated silver. I paid $2575 for this set. Was going to be used on my 21' jetboat. I know I won’t get what I paid for so please make reasonable offer. PM me if interested or have any questions.

    Thanks,
    Anthony
    “Code8”
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lightning headers2.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	290.4 KB 
ID:	76405   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lightning headers3.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	293.4 KB 
ID:	76406   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lightning headers4.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	293.7 KB 
ID:	76407   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lightning headers1.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	292.7 KB 
ID:	76408  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    CODE8 code8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    CHULA VISTA
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Anyone????

  4. #3
    Senior Member wagspe208's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    waterloo
    Posts
    2,034

    Default

    Well, they are obviously for a spread exhaust port head.
    What heads are they for?
    SB stuff may be hard to sell.
    Wags

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    "BOUGHT NOT BUILT" 2FORCEFULL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wagspe208 View Post
    Well, they are obviously for a spread exhaust port head.
    What heads are they for?
    SB stuff may be hard to sell.
    Wags
    they fit d port...

  7. #5
    New here Beer:30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    4,219

    Default

    One could just use these adapter plates, or something similar:

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    EFI is the wave of the future. There can be no denying it. Electronics have been on the leading edge of our entire lives. Not only os the magneto dead, but the standard issue CDI is wavering. Its all about total fuel, air AND spark control. Anybody that thinks its not has their head up their ass.


    2001 SleekCraft 30' Heritage SSB, open-bow mid-cuddy. 496HO / Bravo-I.

  8. #6
    Senior Member wagspe208's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    waterloo
    Posts
    2,034

    Default

    Is that the same pattern as SB2 stuff?
    Wags

  9. #7
    Senior Member slow67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wagspe208 View Post
    Is that the same pattern as SB2 stuff?
    Wags
    No, the SB2 stuff switches the exhaust and intake ports on the 1,2,7, and 8 cylinders (the outer tubes are closer to the center).

  10. #8
    Senior Member gregb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Redondo
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Look at his first picture, the adapter plate is there.

  11. #9
    CODE8 code8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    CHULA VISTA
    Posts
    105

    Default

    I do have the adapter plates....I could bring them to Havasu next week when I'm there on vacation if anyone is really interested in them.....Anthony....
    Last edited by code8; 06-02-2010 at 06:17 PM.

  12. #10
    Senior Member Uncle Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,989

    Default

    Will this work on a standard 23 degree head?

    Im dynoing my rebuilt 406 tomorrow and I have Imco powerflows which are a nice manifold system - but they wont flow like these.

    I dont really need headers but these sure are nice, and lightning makes great product.

    Uncle Dave

  13. #11
    New here Beer:30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    4,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
    Will this work on a standard 23 degree head?

    Im dynoing my rebuilt 406 tomorrow and I have Imco powerflows which are a nice manifold system - but they wont flow like these.

    I dont really need headers but these sure are nice, and lightning makes great product.

    Uncle Dave
    Too bad you can't snag them and dyno the difference between the two sets!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    EFI is the wave of the future. There can be no denying it. Electronics have been on the leading edge of our entire lives. Not only os the magneto dead, but the standard issue CDI is wavering. Its all about total fuel, air AND spark control. Anybody that thinks its not has their head up their ass.


    2001 SleekCraft 30' Heritage SSB, open-bow mid-cuddy. 496HO / Bravo-I.

  14. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by code8 View Post
    FOR SALE:
    Lightning Headers for small block. Brand new still in the box. Fresh water model, mandrel bent 304L stainless steel interior tubes with elbows and gaskets. 31.5” overall width, powder coated silver. I paid $2575 for this set. Was going to be used on my 21' jetboat. I know I won’t get what I paid for so please make reasonable offer. PM me if interested or have any questions.

    Thanks,
    Anthony
    “Code8”
    ok im looking for a nice pair like this and im looking at maybe a 1k$ charlie

  15. #13
    New here Beer:30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    4,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliemlts View Post
    im looking at maybe a 1k$ charlie
    Then you're not looking for Lightnings.

    I paid $2000 for my USED set for 8.1L
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    EFI is the wave of the future. There can be no denying it. Electronics have been on the leading edge of our entire lives. Not only os the magneto dead, but the standard issue CDI is wavering. Its all about total fuel, air AND spark control. Anybody that thinks its not has their head up their ass.


    2001 SleekCraft 30' Heritage SSB, open-bow mid-cuddy. 496HO / Bravo-I.

  16. #14
    CODE8 code8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    CHULA VISTA
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beer:30 View Post
    Then you're not looking for Lightnings.

    I paid $2000 for my USED set for 8.1L
    Thanks Beer:30.....you said what was on my mind...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95