$6.00 ga fuel by summer - Page 10
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10
Results 127 to 133 of 133

Thread:
$6.00 ga fuel by summer

  1. #127
    Senior Member WMorton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,685

    Default

    This is ridiculous...I'm actually putting my boat and truck in Havasu in storage and going to by a Prius. Long term it will pay for itself.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #128
    Ultra26 # 1
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angry dad View Post
    We Need to Flush these Turds in 2012!! Im sick of this!!
    What does flushing turds have to do with the price of fuel?

  4. #129
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Woodland Hills
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra26 # 1 View Post
    What does flushing turds have to do with the price of fuel?
    Some people think fuel prices only rise during Democratic administrations....... IMHO unless we are electing the presidents of the oil companies or of OPEC prices will still keep going up. It does not really matter who is in the WH, prices are not determined in Washington.
    Last edited by Westfield 11; 03-09-2011 at 12:04 PM.
    WARNING!! Contents may contain sarcasm and/or satire, small children and pregnant women should exercise extreme caution.

  5. #130
    Senior Member SBjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vero Beach, FL
    Posts
    4,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra26 # 1 View Post
    Again, why would US producers sell for a penny less than the world market price.

    They wouldn't.

    It makes little sense for the US or any other producer to produce more and flood the market, thus reducing the price and profit. .
    In a perfect world, we wouldn't need to use oil, we'd just sell it to other idiots, and we'd like to keep the price high.
    I think I understand what you're saying.
    2 concepts, one is oil price set by supply and demand, another is a spike in oil price due to (expected) supply disruption.
    Yes, when we are importing 65% of our oil, a price spike hurts a lot.
    If we were importing 1% it would hurt less.
    Now, with a price spike, the value of that 99% we are producing would still rise, and, you are correct, the price we pay at the pump might still rise (commensurate with world price), but I assume we'd be collecting more royalties off of it,
    (thatguy? sound right?)
    and we'd better off than those other countries which are forced send away all their cash.

    Now let's say we are only using 10% of our production, exporting the other 90%, we'd want the price to rise. Even if we pay more at the pump here, it would be vastly offset by the profits on sales.


    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    EVERY time any saber rattling happens in a ME desert, price goes up at the pump.

    ?
    Yes. Right now all the Iranians have to do is go on tv and say something inflammatory, and they get to raise their prices. The tail is waggin the dog cuz we are so dependent on them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra26 # 1 View Post
    Don't you find it interesting that Libya produces 2% of the worlds oil. The Saudi's have committed to cover any losses from any potential loss, yet the spec folks have seriously bumped the price, I really wish it were as simple as the US increasing production. The only way to kill the spec is to over produce or reduce the demand, which will lower the price. The US nor others will take this course.
    Hmm, someone tell me, is Libya's oil lighter than Saudi's?
    We WILL reduce our consumption at over $4/gal., there will be reduced demand. The price should drop, the same way it did in 2008.
    What would be interesting is, if oil hits $140 this summer (like 08), O announces he's going to sell some from the Strategic Reserve. He sells oil/futures at $140, then buys when oil goes back under $100 (like 08).
    The US could make a profit, speculating.
    Good talking to u.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brown View Post
    I'm still chuckling at being "poo-pooed" for straying off topic. Awesome.

  6. #131
    Senior Member SBjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vero Beach, FL
    Posts
    4,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    Some people think fuel prices only rise during Democratic administrations....... IMHO unless we are electing the presidents of the oil companies or of OPEC prices will still keep going up. It does not really matter who is in the WH, prices are not determined in Washington.
    Ha, Nixon got killed by price increases, and really got hurt with price controls.
    True, prices are not set in DC.
    BUT
    If we shut down domestic production, that should reduce supply, and drive up prices over the next 1-10yrs.
    If we vastly increase our drilling, that should increase supply, and keep prices lower over the next 1-10 yrs. Now if demand increases more than we drill, prices will go up anyway, but probably less than they would if don't drill.
    So, it is correct when idiots get on tv, and say, "We can't drill our way out of this." But that is a lame reason not to drill at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brown View Post
    I'm still chuckling at being "poo-pooed" for straying off topic. Awesome.

  7. #132
    Senior Member Hallett21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Malibu, CA
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBjet View Post
    In a perfect world, we wouldn't need to use oil, we'd just sell it to other idiots, and we'd like to keep the price high.
    I think I understand what you're saying.
    2 concepts, one is oil price set by supply and demand, another is a spike in oil price due to (expected) supply disruption.
    Yes, when we are importing 65% of our oil, a price spike hurts a lot.
    If we were importing 1% it would hurt less.
    Now, with a price spike, the value of that 99% we are producing would still rise, and, you are correct, the price we pay at the pump might still rise (commensurate with world price), but I assume we'd be collecting more royalties off of it,
    (thatguy? sound right?)
    and we'd better off than those other countries which are forced send away all their cash.

    Now let's say we are only using 10% of our production, exporting the other 90%, we'd want the price to rise. Even if we pay more at the pump here, it would be vastly offset by the profits on sales.




    Yes. Right now all the Iranians have to do is go on tv and say something inflammatory, and they get to raise their prices. The tail is waggin the dog cuz we are so dependent on them.



    Hmm, someone tell me, is Libya's oil lighter than Saudi's?
    We WILL reduce our consumption at over $4/gal., there will be reduced demand. The price should drop, the same way it did in 2008.
    What would be interesting is, if oil hits $140 this summer (like 08), O announces he's going to sell some from the Strategic Reserve. He sells oil/futures at $140, then buys when oil goes back under $100 (like 08).
    The US could make a profit, speculating.
    Good talking to u.
    right on

  8. #133
    Huntington Beach Havasu TCHB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    2,092

    Default

    Speculatoin is driving the market.

    Why would a oil company want to drill and increase capacity to bring down prices? Supply and demand!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95