Chevy Tow Mirror Hookup
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread:
Chevy Tow Mirror Hookup

  1. #1
    Senior Member VoodooMedMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A little south of Sanity
    Posts
    1,579

    Default Chevy Tow Mirror Hookup

    Need one of these. Seems expensive for a mirror. My glass is cracked. Is there a place to find just the glass? I'll buy the whole unit if I have to but a hookup would be nice. This is the lowest I could find.

    New RH Side Camper Tow Mirror GMC Sierra 03 2004 2005 | eBay


  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member NiceGuyEddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Anaheim Hills
    Posts
    5,838

    Default

    There's a place where you can get two of the new style tow mirrors with signals for around 2 bills. If your interested I'll dig up the link.

  4. #3
    Senior Member VoodooMedMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A little south of Sanity
    Posts
    1,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rIVERtRASH View Post
    There's a place where you can get two of the new style tow mirrors with signals for around 2 bills. If your interested I'll dig up the link.
    Yes please dig. Two bills is cheaper and I'd have two new ones. Thanks.


  5. #4
    Senior Member NiceGuyEddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Anaheim Hills
    Posts
    5,838

    Default

    Based off your link Im assuming you have an 2003-05. This place has them for $106 each, but they don't have the blinker.
    Here's the links

    These are powered and heated (part numbers are GM73ER and GM73EL):
    Discount Auto Mirrors - 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD

    Now they do offer them with signals for 2007.5 and up (new body style). My friend has a set of them and they look just like my factory GM mirrors. I also looked up LMC Truck (which has anything and everything for Chevys) but they also dont offer the blinker mirrors. They also want triple the price per mirror.

    Edit: You can always try calling them and see if they have them with blinkers. They might just not have them on the web.
    Last edited by NiceGuyEddie; 06-06-2011 at 01:26 AM.

  6. #5
    Senior Member VoodooMedMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A little south of Sanity
    Posts
    1,579

    Default

    Thanks. I was checking out that site. They have my replacements for 400 bucks. Mine telescope out with the push of a button. That has to be the reason for the expense. Thing is I just need the glass. Still a great site. Maybe upgrading the Silverado to those mirrors you posed wouldn't be a bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by rIVERtRASH View Post
    Based off your link Im assuming you have an 2003-05. This place has them for $106 each, but they don't have the blinker.
    Here's the links

    These are powered and heated (part numbers are GM73ER and GM73EL):
    Discount Auto Mirrors - 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD

    Now they do offer them with signals for 2007.5 and up (new body style). My friend has a set of them and they look just like my factory GM mirrors. I also looked up LMC Truck (which has anything and everything for Chevys) but they also dont offer the blinker mirrors. They also want triple the price per mirror.

    Edit: You can always try calling them and see if they have them with blinkers. They might just not have them on the web.


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    973

    Default

    see RDP, the glass is available by itself

  8. #7
    Senior Member Toy Sanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Carmel Valley, CA
    Posts
    121

    Default

    I have to replace my driver side mirror and its the telescoping with turn signal. You can
    buy just the mirror and backing. I found it for $138.28 from a Chevy Dealer on line.
    You need to give them the Vin #. You call them for the right part#. To remove the old
    one there is a plastic clip on the back of the bottom that you have to release and then push the mirror up. Here is the website 1stchevyparts.com

  9. #8
    Senior Member NiceGuyEddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Anaheim Hills
    Posts
    5,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooMedMan View Post
    Thanks. I was checking out that site. They have my replacements for 400 bucks. Mine telescope out with the push of a button. That has to be the reason for the expense. Thing is I just need the glass. Still a great site. Maybe upgrading the Silverado to those mirrors you posed wouldn't be a bad idea.
    Your Welcome. The telescope at the push of a button is cool. I wish mine did that, but then again for as sporadic as I use them, its not really a big deal to pull them out manually. I had the mirrors you had on my old 1500HD, I like these much more because of the blind spot mirror.

  10. #9
    Senior Member VoodooMedMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A little south of Sanity
    Posts
    1,579

    Default

    dicudmore is the Man. I was super happy to have the information and didn't want to bother him for something he would make 10 bucks on. As it turns out, other dealers in SoCal want to ask more for the part then MSRP and won't come anywhere near matching Dan's price. His price also came out lower than gmpartsdirect.com. Dan has a great attitude and like many of us here would rather make 10 bucks than nothing. He ordered the part from the DC, called me when he got it, I gave him my address and credit card # and he shipped it out the same day and I got it the next. If any of you need some Chevy Parts I implore you to give Dan a shot.


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooMedMan View Post
    dicudmore is the Man. I was super happy to have the information and didn't want to bother him for something he would make 10 bucks on. As it turns out, other dealers in SoCal want to ask more for the part then MSRP and won't come anywhere near matching Dan's price. His price also came out lower than gmpartsdirect.com. Dan has a great attitude and like many of us here would rather make 10 bucks than nothing. He ordered the part from the DC, called me when he got it, I gave him my address and credit card # and he shipped it out the same day and I got it the next. If any of you need some Chevy Parts I implore you to give Dan a shot.
    thanks for the good word! Glad to help out!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95