Romney 2012....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 82

Thread:
Romney 2012....

  1. #1
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default Romney 2012....

    Santorum is out...
    Pat Eason, the voice of reason...

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Lets see if money flows to Newt now? Still a lot of folks who don't want a liberal running as the GOP candidate.

    America is the land of equal opportunity, not equal success.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” .. Thomas Jefferson

  4. #3
    Purple headed member Quickjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Menifee
    Posts
    7,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fullup View Post
    Lets see if money flows to Newt now? Still a lot of folks who don't want a liberal running as the GOP candidate.
    Never happen. Newt is 5 million in the hole. He is going to ask (beg) Romney to cover his debt and then agree to drop out.. Watch!
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    I used to believe QJ was a gay black man..

    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu Secret View Post
    Keith...
    Real Fast Big Blocks are always V-Drives

  5. #4
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fullup View Post
    Lets see if money flows to Newt now? Still a lot of folks who don't want a liberal running as the GOP candidate.
    That's precisely why I support Mitt for president. Liberals suck and he's proven to be anything but a liberal from the time he stepped into a hornet's nest in Massachusetts where he not only balanced budgets and left a surplus on his departure, but where he had the tact, courage and wisdom to reach across the aisle and work with all parties to achieve a great deal of legislation that benefited his constituents. He's everything the Kenyan is not.
    He loves the constitution.
    He loves and is inspired by our founding fathers.
    He supports our military.
    He is a fiscal conservative who balances budgets.
    He wants to bolster America to greatness.
    He wants the taxpayers of America to be relieved of the burden of carrying the government.
    He wants to shrink the government and it's associated costs.
    He wants to reduce our debt.
    He wants to reduce our dependence upon foreign products - oil especially!
    He wants to put America back to work.
    He is a man of real identifiable faith and a man with strong convictions to his faith.
    He wants to turn our country back around to the greatest nation on earth.

    Everything the Kenyan does not want! Everything!
    The best things in life aren't things!

  6. #5
    Senior Member Uncle Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    That's precisely why I support Mitt for president. Liberals suck and he's proven to be anything but a liberal from the time he stepped into a hornet's nest in Massachusetts where he not only balanced budgets and left a surplus on his departure, but where he had the tact, courage and wisdom to reach across the aisle and work with all parties to achieve a great deal of legislation that benefited his constituents. He's everything the Kenyan is not.
    He loves the constitution.
    He loves and is inspired by our founding fathers.
    He supports our military.
    He is a fiscal conservative who balances budgets.
    He wants to bolster America to greatness.
    He wants the taxpayers of America to be relieved of the burden of carrying the government.
    He wants to shrink the government and it's associated costs.
    He wants to reduce our debt.
    He wants to reduce our dependence upon foreign products - oil especially!
    He wants to put America back to work.
    He is a man of real identifiable faith and a man with strong convictions to his faith.
    He wants to turn our country back around to the greatest nation on earth.

    Everything the Kenyan does not want! Everything!
    I like the guy as well.

    UD

  7. #6
    Senior Member NiceGuyEddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Anaheim Hills
    Posts
    5,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    That's precisely why I support Mitt for president. Liberals suck and he's proven to be anything but a liberal from the time he stepped into a hornet's nest in Massachusetts where he not only balanced budgets and left a surplus on his departure, but where he had the tact, courage and wisdom to reach across the aisle and work with all parties to achieve a great deal of legislation that benefited his constituents. He's everything the Kenyan is not.
    He loves the constitution.
    He loves and is inspired by our founding fathers.
    He supports our military.
    He is a fiscal conservative who balances budgets.
    He wants to bolster America to greatness.
    He wants the taxpayers of America to be relieved of the burden of carrying the government.
    He wants to shrink the government and it's associated costs.
    He wants to reduce our debt.
    He wants to reduce our dependence upon foreign products - oil especially!
    He wants to put America back to work.
    He is a man of real identifiable faith and a man with strong convictions to his faith.
    He wants to turn our country back around to the greatest nation on earth.

    Everything the Kenyan does not want! Everything!

    Really? Come on man! Obama said all of the same things, then look what happened. Mitt's track record is what counts and his track record is very inconsistent with what he "believes" in today.

    Last edited by NiceGuyEddie; 04-10-2012 at 03:10 PM.

  8. #7
    VOTE! RodnJen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    That's precisely why I support Mitt for president NOW.
    What are you and the rest going to say when he starts moving toward the center to become more electable? Probably nothing, you will toe the mark just like the rest of them because it is anybody but Obama. Mitt will be the next Reagan until November 6, 2012.

  9. #8
    058
    058 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RodnJen View Post
    What are you and the rest going to say when he starts moving toward the center to become more electable? Probably nothing, you will toe the mark just like the rest of them because it is anybody but Obama. Mitt will be the next Reagan until November 6, 2012.
    Because anybody but Obama can do a better job.
    Within the heart of every stray lies the singular desire to be loved. "Good grief you're an irritating blowhard...." [Tex 6/16/11]

  10. #9
    Senior Member baja1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    AKA Lenny from Ca./Willow Valley
    Posts
    1,070

    Default

    Hell at this point we ALL know Zero is just that,and if you think 5 trillions alot just give him 4 more years,hell Id vote for the next door neighbors illegal gardener,at least he know how to run a Co.and he wouldn't be the first Pres without papers
    89 Mirage
    07 Magic deck boat

    ANY BODY BUT OBAMA !!!!!!!!

  11. #10
    Senior Member AzMandella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tucson,Az
    Posts
    5,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RodnJen View Post
    What are you and the rest going to say when he starts moving toward the center to become more electable? Probably nothing, you will toe the mark just like the rest of them because it is anybody but Obama. Mitt will be the next Reagan until November 6, 2012.
    Who knows. What are you going to say when they toss out the HC bill ?
    If you voted for Obama to prove you were not racist, then you better find someone else to vote for to prove your not stupid.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuyEddie View Post
    Really? Come on man! Obama said all of the same things, then look what happened. Mitt's track record is what counts and his track record is very inconsistent with what he "believes" in today.
    I tend to agree with this assessment. It feels like were stuck with another John McCain. John couldn't win because he was not charismatic. Well neither is Mitt. He's as boring as watching corn grow. He also comes off as having to borrow someone else's balls because he won't open up and speak to what "he" actually did. People vote for Presidents because they are engaging. A buffoon like Obama was elected because he was popular, certainly not because he was qualified. Mitt needs to find a way become engaging. More and more voters could careless about the issues. When Mitt has 10,000,000 fans on Facebook you'll know his message is getting out.

    America is the land of equal opportunity, not equal success.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” .. Thomas Jefferson

  13. #12
    VOTE! RodnJen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AzMandella View Post
    Who knows. What are you going to say when they toss out the HC bill ?
    Not much, I'm still covered. If you have a better idea then lets have it.

  14. #13
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuyEddie View Post
    Mitt's track record is what counts and his track record is very inconsistent with what he "believes" in today.
    I'll respectfully disagree.
    By the time Mitt Romney took office as governor of Massachusetts, the current budget was running a deficit of approximately half a billion dollars, with about $650 million of deficit spending left to go before that budget expired. And the upcoming state budget for the year would have a deficit of nearly $3 billion if the budget was not cut or taxes increased.
    Governor Romney held firm and balanced the budget every year without raising taxes. He fought to roll back the state income tax from 5.3% to 5.0% and created budgets based on a 5% income tax rate. The legislature refused to reduce the tax rate, and by the end of his term, he had taken "Massachusetts from billions in deficit to billions in surplus" THAT'S TRACK RECORD FACT!!

    He was able to get income tax cuts for many of those with the greatest need for tax relief. For example, in order to aid older homeowners and young families, he created an $800 tax deduction for home heating expenses for individuals with less than $50,000/year income or families making less than $75,000/year. THAT'S TRACK RECORD FACT!!

    "Romney stayed away from broad-based fee increases such as driver's-license registrations." He says that balancing the budget without a tax hike has been his most significant accomplishment as governor. "We couldn't be happier with him," says Barbara Anderson of Citizens for Limited Taxation, the state's leading taxpayer group. Steve Adams of Boston's Pioneer Institute, a think tank, concurs: "Without Romney, we would have been slapped with a lot of new taxes." ” THAT'S TRACK RECORD FACT!!

    Under the governor's leadership, the people in the state benefited not only by increased employment through the creation of tens of thousands of new jobs and not having their taxes raised, but they also saw several more tax cuts by the governor. THAT'S TRACK RECORD FACT!!

    “He cut capital gains taxes, benefiting well over 150,000 residents. Thousands more are currently benefiting from new jobs in the biotech field because of Romney's manufacturing tax relief and because he made the investment tax credit permanent. Thousands of Massachusetts families saved their hard-earned dollars when Romney enacted sales tax holidays. Seniors are benefiting from property tax relief proposed and signed into law by Romney. Our honorable veterans and National Guard members have several new tax breaks because of Romney's belief that they should be taxed less. Commuters can now deduct expenses for travel because Romney believes they shouldn't be penalized for helping increase commerce.” THAT'S TRACK RECORD FACT!!

    Romney did sign the health care bill the overwhelmingly democrat controlled house and senate of Massachusetts instituted. In fall 2005 the House and Senate each passed health care insurance reform bills. The legislature made a number of changes to Governor Romney's original proposal, including expanding MassHealth (Medicaid and SCHIP) coverage to low-income children and restoring funding for public health programs. The most controversial change was the addition of a provision which requires firms with 11 or more workers that do not provide "fair and reasonable" health coverage to their workers to pay an annual penalty. This contribution, initially $295 annually per worker, is intended to equalize the free care pool charges imposed on employers who do and do not cover their workers.
    On April 12, 2006, Governor Mitt Romney signed the health legislation. Romney vetoed eight sections of the health care legislation, including the controversial employer assessment. Romney also vetoed provisions providing dental benefits to poor residents on the Medicaid program, and providing health coverage to senior and disabled legal immigrants not eligible for federal Medicaid. The legislature promptly overrode six of the eight gubernatorial section vetoes, on May 4, 2006, and by mid-June 2006 had overridden the remaining two. THAT'S TRACK RECORD FACT!!

    Should I go on?
    The best things in life aren't things!

  15. #14
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fullup View Post
    I tend to agree with this assessment. It feels like were stuck with another John McCain. John couldn't win because he was not charismatic. Well neither is Mitt. He's as boring as watching corn grow. He also comes off as having to borrow someone else's balls because he won't open up and speak to what "he" actually did. People vote for Presidents because they are engaging. A buffoon like Obama was elected because he was popular, certainly not because he was qualified. Mitt needs to find a way become engaging. More and more voters could careless about the issues. When Mitt has 10,000,000 fans on Facebook you'll know his message is getting out.
    Romney is a successful businessman first. McCain is a politician first. I disagree with your comparison.

    Honest question? Who would you rather have lead America for the next four years? The Kenyan or the successful businessman with a solid track record of fiscal responsibility and governance for the people?
    The best things in life aren't things!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95