Obama gay marriage stance creates an influx of campaign contributions
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 30

Thread:
Obama gay marriage stance creates an influx of campaign contributions

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    364

    Default Obama gay marriage stance creates an influx of campaign contributions

    He's got way more $ than Romney
    Last edited by daMoose; 05-11-2012 at 08:01 AM.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,914

    Default

    I think Romney always had little appeal with the alternative lifestyle crowd....But now there is a recent story out on him and some of his buddies who attended an exclusive boys prep school attacking some kid with long hair who they felt was gay. They held him down and cut this hair off. Not a good high school bullying event to be revealed in these days of homosexual kids being bullied to the point of killing themselves......Modern politics is brutal if you did something wrong when you were seven years old it would be dug up and a smear campaign would insue.....This is going to haunt Romney.
    Last edited by zombie; 05-11-2012 at 08:53 AM.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #3
    VOTE! RodnJen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    It's too bad that modern politics has come to this. I don't give a sh-t about what Romney did in high school but I do think how he is handling it, and his demeanor, says alot about him.

    As for the President's new-found support, good for him. Most of the people that are up in arms about it wouldn not have voted for him anyway.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. #4
    Senior Member AzMandella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tucson,Az
    Posts
    5,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RodnJen View Post
    It's too bad that modern politics has come to this. I don't give a sh-t about what Romney did in high school but I do think how he is handling it, and his demeanor, says alot about him.

    As for the President's new-found support, good for him. Most of the people that are up in arms about it wouldn not have voted for him anyway.
    What makes you think he has gained new support ? How do you know this influx of money isn't from people who had or were already going to vote for him but since he flip flopped many are in support of gay marriage and are doing more to help him. I think those that were for gay marriage were his already. BUt those in the middle and left that voted for him last election, but don't support gay marriage might go to the other side. I think he will loose more votes than he gains. Funny though. Have you noticed the demographics he is working on real hard. Students that he is loosing since he did nothing for the economy and they can't get jobs. And gay's. He can't go after the center/center left/and center right this time. They see through him. And without ACORN and the others scraping the scum off the street that will hurt him. And let's not forget the black vote that came out in force to garner 95% of that demographic in his favor. Many will not vote as the novelty of electing the first black president is gone. And many are pissed as they didn't get all the freebies they thought they were going to get.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you were not racist, then you better find someone else to vote for to prove your not stupid.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  6. #5
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    I think Romney always had little appeal with the alternative lifestyle crowd....But now there is a recent story out on him and some of his buddies who attended an exclusive boys prep school attacking some kid with long hair who they felt was gay. They held him down and cut this hair off. Not a good high school bullying event to be revealed in these days of homosexual kids being bullied to the point of killing themselves......Modern politics is brutal if you did something wrong when you were seven years old it would be dug up and a smear campaign would insue.....This is going to haunt Romney.
    Somebody cut your' hair back in school,Z?

    Funny how you take this at face value, yet mock any questioning of O's past.

    I see this as just another slanderous accusation.
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #6
    Senior Member Boss460's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AzMandella View Post
    I think those that were for gay marriage were his already.
    Uhhh Not all
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #7
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss460 View Post
    Uhhh Not all
    LOL!

    Hey Boss, I have a question if you feel like answering it. If not that's cool.

    It seems you are sort of an "anomaly", as a gay man.
    We all know that you are extremely intelligent, successful in business, and you have a distinct knack for seeing through any type of rhetoric and clearly seeing the core truth or discrepancies in a lot of arguments.
    Your' insights are always right on the mark!

    Honest question:
    Is it a misconception by "straight" America (so to speak) that the majority of homosexuals are flaming activists? (for lack of a better vocabulary!)
    Most just assume that gays are Libs, considering the agenda we see on TV and the parades etc.

    In the gay community, are those that share your views and political stances in the minority?
    Or is it based on age, where you are at in life, Geographical location, etc. just like the straight community?

    I am curious about your' opinion on this, as the Gay people I have known and do know now seem completely opposite from you in their views.

    Thanks!
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #8
    Senior Member AzMandella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tucson,Az
    Posts
    5,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss460 View Post
    Uhhh Not all
    Sorry I guess I should have said the majority of those who were for gay marriage.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you were not racist, then you better find someone else to vote for to prove your not stupid.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Link to the article- so your a homo boss?



    Obama's gay marriage stance sets off money rush
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newbury Park, Ca/Mohave Valley, Az
    Posts
    8,169

    Default In school, hmmmm

    Oh yeah?? So Romney was prone to being a kid when he was in school, so what?? What about the time obama ,
    and then he .....
    What about those times?? Or when he went to ........... ,
    huh? What about that?
    We have no way of knowing how many times obama violated a monkey with a broomstick, or sold baking soda in place of real coke, and ran away with some poor, innocent students money......obama is a fake and a fraud, Romney isn't...

    The mere FACT that Romney's school history is "open for all to see", and obama's isn't, should tell ANY intelligent person he is HIDING SOMETHING..... Like Ayers paying his discounted tuition as a "Foreign student" ....
    Ray.....ABO 2012
    Last edited by Moneypit; 05-11-2012 at 09:35 AM.
    LOUD BOATS SAVE LIVES
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #11
    Senior Member Boss460's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    LOL!

    Hey Boss, I have a question if you feel like answering it. If not that's cool.

    It seems you are sort of an "anomaly", as a gay man.
    We all know that you are extremely intelligent, successful in business, and you have a distinct knack for seeing through any type of rhetoric and clearly seeing the core truth or discrepancies in a lot of arguments.
    Your' insights are always right on the mark!

    Honest question:
    Is it a misconception by "straight" America (so to speak) that the majority of homosexuals are flaming activists? (for lack of a better vocabulary!)
    Most just assume that gays are Libs, considering the agenda we see on TV and the parades etc.

    In the gay community, are those that share your views and political stances in the minority?
    Or is it based on age, where you are at in life, Geographical location, etc. just like the straight community?

    I am curious about your' opinion on this, as the Gay people I have known and do know now seem completely opposite from you in their views.

    Thanks!
    No, not a misconception. Yes, I am in fact in the minority of a minority.

    Quote Originally Posted by daMoose View Post
    Link to the article- so your a homo boss?
    Yep surprise, I'm Fabulous!!!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Somebody cut your' hair back in school,Z?

    Funny how you take this at face value, yet mock any questioning of O's past.

    I see this as just another slanderous accusation.

    Here's the article.

    Seems it really happened. Mittens lived a special and very privileged life. Nothing but the best for Little Lord Mittens....He even went to a 1%er all boys high school school !!! BTW, Obama also got a scholarship to a private high school in Hawaii. Maybe he harrassed gays too? Nah.. The Kochs and Trump have already turned over all the rocks in Hawaii looking for dirt on Obama.
    BTW, you or I went to over crowed public schools. Maybe that is why we are nobodys

    I know you feel honored Lord Mitt will lower himself to be our president.

    No thanks, I prefer down to earth leaders like Ron Paul or Gary Johnson.


    Mitt Romney’s prep school classmates recall pranks, but also troubling incidents - The Washington Post
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  14. #13
    VOTE! RodnJen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AzMandella View Post
    What makes you think he has gained new support ? How do you know this influx of money isn't from people who had or were already going to vote for him but since he flip flopped many are in support of gay marriage and are doing more to help him. I think those that were for gay marriage were his already. BUt those in the middle and left that voted for him last election, but don't support gay marriage might go to the other side. I think he will loose more votes than he gains. Funny though. Have you noticed the demographics he is working on real hard. Students that he is loosing since he did nothing for the economy and they can't get jobs. And gay's. He can't go after the center/center left/and center right this time. They see through him. And without ACORN and the others scraping the scum off the street that will hurt him. And let's not forget the black vote that came out in force to garner 95% of that demographic in his favor. Many will not vote as the novelty of electing the first black president is gone. And many are pissed as they didn't get all the freebies they thought they were going to get.
    Because there are a number of middle of the road folks from all three parties that see this as an issue of fairness. They are too smart to take it as a personal attack on their marriage. There are also a number of republicans who are embarrassed by the Republican love-fest with the religeous right.

    This will be seen by the majority as mending what is wrong rather than a spike driven through morality.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  15. #14
    058
    058 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,115

    Default

    While you lefties are strutting around the henhouse in pride of your Messiah's weak and phony stance on Gay marrages the latest Rasmussion poll has Romney up by 7 points. Seems the mainstream black community does not approve of Gay marrage as most of them are church going, God fearing Christians. Speculation is these voters will just say home and not vote at all rather than vote for a phony lying two faced sack of shit of thier common skin color. The novelty of getting to vote for the 1st black president has worn off and they have seen what an abject failure he is.
    Within the heart of every stray lies the singular desire to be loved. "Good grief you're an irritating blowhard...." [Tex 6/16/11]
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95