You're Fired
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 17

Thread:
You're Fired

  1. #1
    Senior Member Boss460's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,679

    Default You're Fired

    Easy for Donald Trump to say. Not so much to a government employee though.

    2 years ago, in 2010, an employee for Louisiana's 5th Levee District stole some tires off a trailer and put on his own personal trailer. He pleaded no contest to the charges. So you're probably thinking, ok he definitely needs to be fired. Well, that's not so easy. This opinion article sums it up pretty well:

    A textbook case of waste | The News Star | thenewsstar.com

    Here's the article from 2 days ago on the current stage of the firing proceedings.

    Levee district OKs firing steps | The News Star | thenewsstar.com

    Must be nice to be paid to not work for 2 years while the government tries to figure out HOW to fire someone.

    This is a classic, textbook example of why the private sector has little faith in government's ability to police itself or control expenses.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Yeah, a great example of government BS. Makes me question, how many of these government workers could actually make it in the private sector?

  4. #3
    Senior Member AzMandella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tucson,Az
    Posts
    5,217

    Default

    Yep it's out of control. We have a guy who worked for the city water department that lives caddy corner from our shop. A few years ago when he retired at the ripe old age of 49 we deliverd about $2000.00 worth of galvanized couregated sheet to the water department. Low and behold a week after he retired he was building a new fence around his yard with the material we sent over there the week before he retired. Guess he felt on top of his overbloated pension he deserved a little more on the taxpayers dime.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you were not racist, then you better find someone else to vote for to prove your not stupid.

  5. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AzMandella View Post
    Yep it's out of control. We have a guy who worked for the city water department that lives caddy corner from our shop. A few years ago when he retired at the ripe old age of 49 we deliverd about $2000.00 worth of galvanized couregated sheet to the water department. Low and behold a week after he retired he was building a new fence around his yard with the material we sent over there the week before he retired. Guess he felt on top of his overbloated pension he deserved a little more on the taxpayers dime.
    You know for a fact he didn't pay for it? I used to order things from company vendors and pay for it with my credit card bacause the vendors cut my company a much better deal than I could get anywhere else. Maybe he was doing that?

  6. #5
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default

    Better get Z to investigate. ??
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  7. #6
    058
    058 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss460 View Post
    Easy for Donald Trump to say. Not so much to a government employee though.

    2 years ago, in 2010, an employee for Louisiana's 5th Levee District stole some tires off a trailer and put on his own personal trailer. He pleaded no contest to the charges. So you're probably thinking, ok he definitely needs to be fired. Well, that's not so easy. This opinion article sums it up pretty well:

    A textbook case of waste | The News Star | thenewsstar.com

    Here's the article from 2 days ago on the current stage of the firing proceedings.

    Levee district OKs firing steps | The News Star | thenewsstar.com

    Must be nice to be paid to not work for 2 years while the government tries to figure out HOW to fire someone.

    This is a classic, textbook example of why the private sector has little faith in government's ability to police itself or control expenses.
    This is just the one that got caught. Tip of the iceberg.
    Within the heart of every stray lies the singular desire to be loved. "Good grief you're an irritating blowhard...." [Tex 6/16/11]

  8. #7
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    My sister in law married a real jewel. He was a drug infested professional college student that landed a job with the State of Arizona. He remained an active drug user to the point that he couldn't make it to work any more so they placed him on permanent disability with full pay and left him home until he finally drowned in his own bath tub under the influence of multiple drugs.
    The best things in life aren't things!

  9. #8
    058
    058 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    My sister in law married a real jewel. He was a drug infested professional college student that landed a job with the State of Arizona. He remained an active drug user to the point that he couldn't make it to work any more so they placed him on permanent disability with full pay and left him home until he finally drowned in his own bath tub under the influence of multiple drugs.
    Darwin's theory at work.....Did he at least get an "Honorable Mention" in the Darwin Awards?
    Within the heart of every stray lies the singular desire to be loved. "Good grief you're an irritating blowhard...." [Tex 6/16/11]

  10. #9
    Senior Member AzMandella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tucson,Az
    Posts
    5,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post
    You know for a fact he didn't pay for it? I used to order things from company vendors and pay for it with my credit card bacause the vendors cut my company a much better deal than I could get anywhere else. Maybe he was doing that?
    I'm sure because he would not get any better price by buying it through the City. Not to mention it would be alot easier to get it across the street to his house than having to trailer it home from a few miles away.Plus I seriously doubt, and they should not be able to do that, through the city. The city has to issue a PO# for thier purchases. We do not give any breaks in price to employees of customers. As the employee they are not buying anything from us so they are not getting the discount for volume buying.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you were not racist, then you better find someone else to vote for to prove your not stupid.

  11. #10
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    It appears the troll is guilty of always giving the benefit of the doubt to the wrong guy and accusing the wrong guy the rest of the time.
    The best things in life aren't things!

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AzMandella View Post
    I'm sure because he would not get any better price by buying it through the City. Not to mention it would be alot easier to get it across the street to his house than having to trailer it home from a few miles away.Plus I seriously doubt, and they should not be able to do that, through the city. The city has to issue a PO# for thier purchases. We do not give any breaks in price to employees of customers. As the employee they are not buying anything from us so they are not getting the discount for volume buying.
    So why didn't you call the police department like a good citizen and advise them of this possible theft of government property? The City of Tucson is very aggressive in investigating these types of internal allegations even if anonymous .......?

  13. #12
    Senior Member AzMandella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tucson,Az
    Posts
    5,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    So why didn't you call the police department like a good citizen and advise them of this possible theft of government property? The City of Tucson is very aggressive in investigating these types of internal allegations even if anonymous .......?
    Your kidding right ? This kind of abuse is rampant as can be, and should pop up in the financials. Gross misspending is the gov way. Besides if the investigators are like you I'm sure it would have never been solved.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you were not racist, then you better find someone else to vote for to prove your not stupid.

  14. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    So why didn't you call the police department like a good citizen and advise them of this possible theft of government property? The City of Tucson is very aggressive in investigating these types of internal allegations even if anonymous .......?
    Because he is full of shit.

  15. #14
    058
    058 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post
    Because he is full of shit.
    Classic, coming from the expert in bovine excretment, I guess it takes one to know one. Right RTI?
    Within the heart of every stray lies the singular desire to be loved. "Good grief you're an irritating blowhard...." [Tex 6/16/11]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95