Snuffed out small business
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 35

Thread:
Snuffed out small business

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,914

    Default Snuffed out small business

    Well Capitalists here is a perfect example of big corporate influence and government conspiring to kill off their small business competition !!! Now all you corporate nut swingers will have to tell me how this is glorious free market capitalism at work.... Wake up!!! Corporate Fascism is here now......


    Roll-your-own cigarette operations to be snuffed out - Business - ReviewJournal.com

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member AzMandella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tucson,Az
    Posts
    5,217

    Default

    There goes the Conspiracy nut without all the info. You have no direct link between any corps to Baucas to push this provision in. I have yet to see you or the article link the provision snuck into the bill to the person who put it in the bill. For all we know it was a leftie who hates smoking and did it because they feel they know what's right for people better than the people.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you were not racist, then you better find someone else to vote for to prove your not stupid.

  4. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AzMandella View Post
    There goes the Conspiracy nut without all the info. You have no direct link between any corps to Baucas to push this provision in. I have yet to see you or the article link the provision snuck into the bill to the person who put it in the bill. For all we know it was a leftie who hates smoking and did it because they feel they know what's right for people better than the people.
    Are you a smoker, Marvin?

  5. #4
    Icy
    Icy is offline
    Boatless Member :( Icy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    AV, CA
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post
    Are you a smoker, Marvin?
    I'm not and it doesn't change what he said. Z doesn't know who/what/where/when/why.

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    S.W. PA.
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Did you mean some lefty like dear old Max hisself. His bio says he is a Dem and was appointed by Harry Reid to various committees to screw the public. When it comes to hurting business for a couple tax dollars its usually a lefty and to do it and stop even one child from smoking we'll name a federal building after him.

  7. #6
    Senior Member AzMandella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tucson,Az
    Posts
    5,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post
    Are you a smoker, Marvin?
    And this has what to do with the price of tea in China ? I love how you have been reduced to this kind of post response as you have nothing anymore.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you were not racist, then you better find someone else to vote for to prove your not stupid.

  8. #7
    Senior Member wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the garage working on the boat in Utah, United States
    Posts
    7,808

    Default

    So basically you're saying that Harry Reid was bought off again, this time by the tobacco industry? Like he was bought off by the gambling industry? And Obama was bought off by Pharma and Solyndra?

    So what you're telling me is that when democrats are approached by someone from a corporation, they're easily bribed?

  9. #8
    Dogma's a bitch. 1stepcloser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chino Hills
    Posts
    309

    Default

    The RYO shops are exempt from specific tobacco manufacturers' tax. The consumer comes into the shop, buys all the appropriate goods, then "rents" the rolling machine to manufacture the smokes, and avoiding the taxes and regulating that other "real" manufacturers have to pay.

    Though a lawsuit was filed and consequently won, this "loophole" was bound to be closed, but not by the corporate facist pigs, Z, rather by our own blessed government.

    Obama can say no to the amendment, and not sign the bill. Simple fix, but he wont do it.

    "Thou shalt not avoid paying your taxes!"
    para informacion en espanol, regresar a mexico.
    Concern for the poor is not socialism.




  10. #9
    Senior Member wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the garage working on the boat in Utah, United States
    Posts
    7,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1stepcloser View Post
    The RYO shops are exempt from specific tobacco manufacturers' tax. The consumer comes into the shop, buys all the appropriate goods, then "rents" the rolling machine to manufacture the smokes, and avoiding the taxes and regulating that other "real" manufacturers have to pay.

    Though a lawsuit was filed and consequently won, this "loophole" was bound to be closed, but not by the corporate facist pigs, Z, rather by our own blessed government.

    Obama can say no to the amendment, and not sign the bill. Simple fix, but he wont do it.

    "Thou shalt not avoid paying your taxes!"
    Why would he? His dolt Harry Reid won't get his kick back then.

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    So basically you're saying that Harry Reid was bought off again, this time by the tobacco industry? Like he was bought off by the gambling industry? And Obama was bought off by Pharma and Solyndra?

    So what you're telling me is that when democrats are approached by someone from a corporation, they're easily bribed?

    Yep, Just like the Republicans The whole system is crooked. I can hardly imagine all the IOUs Romney and Republicans congressmen will have to honor from their billionaire corporate masters if they win in Nov.
    Last edited by zombie; 07-06-2012 at 05:49 PM.

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icy View Post
    I'm not and it doesn't change what he said. Z doesn't know who/what/where/when/why.


    You did notice this from the article didn't you ???

    "But a few paragraphs added to the transportation bill changed the definition of a cigarette manufacturer to cover thousands of roll-your-own operations nationwide.
    The move, backed by major tobacco companies, is aimed at boosting tax revenues"

    Backed?? Hell they probable wrote the verbiage and pitched it to all the political congress puppets who take tobacco industry money !!!

    Corporate owned congress this what this clearly demonstrates......wake up !

  13. #12
    Senior Member wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the garage working on the boat in Utah, United States
    Posts
    7,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Yep, Just like the Republicans The whole system is crooked. I can hardly imagine all the IOUs Romney and Republicans congressmen will have to honor from their billionaire corporate masters if tehy win in Nov.
    The only thing that they'll be paying back will be repealing Obamadon'tcare, curbing the EPA's job and farm destroying attempts, reducing the ridiculous amount of red tape they call regulations, thus freeing up business to hire more people and helping the economy...Those selfish crooked bastards!!!

    I guess if I was a useless parasite on the governments tit that got paid to sit around and do nothing, never living or working outside of the government bubble, not knowing what reality was, I'd probably think the same way you do, but then my pop's would have smack me upside the head and told me that I was being a useless POS. I guess that's why I don't think like you.

  14. #13
    Icy
    Icy is offline
    Boatless Member :( Icy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    AV, CA
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You did notice this from the article didn't you ???

    "But a few paragraphs added to the transportation bill changed the definition of a cigarette manufacturer to cover thousands of roll-your-own operations nationwide.
    The move, backed by major tobacco companies, is aimed at boosting tax revenues"

    Backed?? Hell they probable wrote the verbiage and pitched it to all the political congress puppets who take tobacco industry money !!!

    Corporate owned congress this what this clearly demonstrates......wake up !
    It's so good that the article states that. This liberal arts graduate must have gotten it right. Especially since this source is not sighted.

  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    The only thing that they'll be paying back will be repealing Obamadon'tcare, curbing the EPA's job and farm destroying attempts, reducing the ridiculous amount of red tape they call regulations, thus freeing up business to hire more people and helping the economy...Those selfish crooked bastards!!!

    I guess if I was a useless parasite on the governments tit that got paid to sit around and do nothing, never living or working outside of the government bubble, not knowing what reality was, I'd probably think the same way you do, but then my pop's would have smack me upside the head and told me that I was being a useless POS. I guess that's why I don't think like you.

    Swilling all that Republican kool aid has sure damaged your brain. Made you forget that widespread deregulation has gotten us in this mess we are currently in
    Last edited by zombie; 07-06-2012 at 06:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95