Win a free trip for you and a guest!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread:
Win a free trip for you and a guest!

  1. #1
    Senior Member SoldHondaBoughtHondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lake Havasu az.
    Posts
    4,318

    Default Win a free trip for you and a guest!

    "
    "Trust me -- you'll have fun"

    Friend --

    Barack's turning 51 in a couple weeks. And when he goes home to Chicago for a birthday party in his backyard, a couple grassroots supporters like you will be flown in from wherever you live to celebrate.

    In the middle of a tough election, it's important to pause on occasion and take some time with friends.

    What do you say?

    We'll cover the flight and hotel for you and a guest -- donate $3 or whatever you can today to be automatically entered to win:

    https://donate.barackobama.com/Birthday

    Take it from me. You'll have fun at this one.

    Joe




    How about all of us chip in for a $3 'donation'

    (write a check and put a stop on it.lol)

    And if we win,i nominate Doc to be our ambassador of good will to
    BO is 51 party. For sure i "trust' world be nuthin but fun! Maybe GN 7 (havin a bad day) as his guest.!
    "A liberal paradise would be a place where everybody has
    guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free
    education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free
    utilities, and only law enforcement has guns. And believe it or
    not, such a place does, indeed, exist: It's called prison."

    Sheriff Joe Arpaio
    Maricopa County Sheriff's Office

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the garage working on the boat in Utah, United States
    Posts
    7,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoldHondaBoughtHondo View Post
    "
    "Trust me -- you'll have fun"

    Friend --

    Barack's turning 51 in a couple weeks. And when he goes home to Chicago for a birthday party in his backyard, a couple grassroots supporters like you will be flown in from wherever you live to celebrate.

    In the middle of a tough election, it's important to pause on occasion and take some time with friends.

    What do you say?

    We'll cover the flight and hotel for you and a guest -- donate $3 or whatever you can today to be automatically entered to win:

    https://donate.barackobama.com/Birthday

    Take it from me. You'll have fun at this one.

    Joe




    How about all of us chip in for a $3 'donation'

    (write a check and put a stop on it.lol)

    And if we win,i nominate Doc to be our ambassador of good will to
    BO is 51 party. For sure i "trust' world be nuthin but fun! Maybe GN 7 (havin a bad day) as his guest.!
    Hell, I'd throw in $100 a person if we could get GN to go!!!!

  4. #3
    Icy
    Icy is offline
    Boatless Member :( Icy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    AV, CA
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Is this legal?

    Isn't it considered a lottery?

    I thought pay to enter to win are no no's.

  5. #4
    Senior Member wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the garage working on the boat in Utah, United States
    Posts
    7,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icy View Post
    Is this legal?

    Isn't it considered a lottery?

    I thought pay to enter to win are no no's.
    Since when has he ever thought the laws or the constitution ever applied to him?

  6. #5
    Icy
    Icy is offline
    Boatless Member :( Icy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    AV, CA
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Since when has he ever thought the laws or the constitution ever applied to him?
    From online...

    By law, companies are not allowed to hold private lotteries. There are three elements of a lottery, and if all three elements are present, the giveaway is illegal: a prize that is worth something, a winner drawn at random, and a cost to enter. If any one of these elements is missing, the giveaway is not an illegal lottery. In a creative contest, the element of a randomly-drawn winner is eliminated, so it’s not necessary to remove the fee to enter to be legal.


    Interest sparked me so I actually clicked on the site, I guess it is legal based on the red text and the link there...

    No purchase, payment, or contribution necessary to enter or win. Contributing will not improve chances of winning. Void where prohibited. Entries must be received by July 26th, 2012. You may enter by contributing to Obama for America here, or click here to enter without contributing. Two (2) winners will each receive the following prize package: round-trip tickets for winner and a guest from within the fifty U.S. States, DC, or Puerto Rico to a destination to be determined by Sponsor; hotel accommodations; and tickets for winner and a guest to an event with President Obama on a date, at a venue and for a duration to be determined by Sponsor (approximate retail value of all prizes $3,200). Odds of winning depend on number of entries received and timing of entries received. Promotion open only to U.S. citizens, or lawful permanent U.S. residents who are legal residents of 50 United States, District of Columbia and Puerto Rico and 18 or older (or age of majority under applicable law). Promotion subject to Official Rules and additional restrictions on eligibility. Sponsor: Obama for America, 130 E. Randolph St., Chicago, IL 60601.

    Someone sign up gn7... https://my.barackobama.com/page/s/ba...day-free-entry
    Last edited by Icy; 07-24-2012 at 06:37 PM.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woodstock, IL.
    Posts
    686

    Default

    It clearly states " a prize that is worth something,". Having to spend 30 seconds let alone an entire party with BO falls into this catagory.
    The government's monetary role is to maintain the integrity of the monetary unit, not participate in fraud

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Hell, I'd throw in $100 a person if we could get GN to go!!!!
    Lmao

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95