Tell me what you think... Are these guys off their rockers???
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 35

Thread:
Tell me what you think... Are these guys off their rockers???

  1. #1
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default Tell me what you think... Are these guys off their rockers???

    Please weigh in and tell me if they are out of touch:









    “A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.”

    “The great virtue of a free market system is that it does not care what color people are; it does not care what their religion is; it only cares whether they can produce something you want to buy. It is the most effective system we have discovered to enable people who hate one another to deal with one another and help one another.”

    “If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there'd be a shortage of sand.”
    Pat Eason, the voice of reason...

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default

    More from Thomas Sowell and his view on public education in the INNER CITY....

    Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams: Public education a problem | The Daily Caller
    Pat Eason, the voice of reason...

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Please weigh in and tell me if they are out of touch:





    “A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.”

    “The great virtue of a free market system is that it does not care what color people are; it does not care what their religion is; it only cares whether they can produce something you want to buy. It is the most effective system we have discovered to enable people who hate one another to deal with one another and help one another.”

    “If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there'd be a shortage of sand.”

    Out of touch with what?
    Both men are brilliant and have been the most outspoken against government entitlement for Black's. They have both been villafied by their own race due to their outspokeness, labled and stereotyped as "Uncle Toms". If there were more like them in the inner city schools, perhaps things would be different in the innercities.
    These men have recognized the plight of the "Young black Male", identified why they "Choose" not to achieve, and have tried (unsuccessfully) to make change within their own neighborhoods. They should be lauded for their tremendous efforts for "Social Change" within their ethnic group!!!

  5. #4
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,295

    Default

    I've heard many interviews and guest-host radio appearances from Walter Williams...love listening to his perspectives. He's hardly out of touch...especially with the way he handles Mrs. Williams.
    Don't know that much about Sowell.
    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

  6. #5
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default

    AND the clincher... Living proof that the socialist GOVERNMENT (Democrats / progressives) are NOT working to help minorities...

    Star Parker:





    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 10-02-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    Pat Eason, the voice of reason...

  7. #6
    Senior Member Ms Understood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Murrieta, Ca
    Posts
    8,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MSDC View Post

    Out of touch with what?
    Both men are brilliant and have been the most outspoken against government entitlement for Black's. They have both been villafied by their own race due to their outspokeness, labled and stereotyped as "Uncle Toms". If there were more like them in the inner city schools, perhaps things would be different in the innercities.
    These men have recognized the plight of the "Young black Male", identified why they "Choose" not to achieve, and have tried (unsuccessfully) to make change within their own neighborhoods. They should be lauded for their tremendous efforts for "Social Change" within their ethnic group!!!
    Excellent ^^^^

    X2



    Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Understood View Post
    Excellent ^^^^

    X2
    Lets put Williams and Sowell in the same room with Sharpton and Jackson and let them debate on TV live.
    Will be just like Biden and Ryan........................
    Biden with a knife and Ryan with a gun.
    America needs more like Williams and Sowell to step forward, claim positions of power that make a lasting differance.

  9. #8
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MSDC View Post

    Out of touch with what?
    Both men are brilliant and have been the most outspoken against government entitlement for Black's. They have both been villafied by their own race due to their outspokeness, labled and stereotyped as "Uncle Toms". If there were more like them in the inner city schools, perhaps things would be different in the innercities.
    These men have recognized the plight of the "Young black Male", identified why they "Choose" not to achieve, and have tried (unsuccessfully) to make change within their own neighborhoods. They should be lauded for their tremendous efforts for "Social Change" within their ethnic group!!!
    The long timers here know that I admire these men and also Star AND their candor about what the DEMOCRAPic party AND the race baiters AND the Federal Government (with it's entitlement programs) are doing to our inner city schools/youth/black citizens...
    Pat Eason, the voice of reason...

  10. #9
    Senior Member Ms Understood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Murrieta, Ca
    Posts
    8,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MSDC View Post
    Lets put Williams and Sowell in the same room with Sharpton and Jackson and let them debate on TV live.
    Will be just like Biden and Ryan........................
    Biden with a knife and Ryan with a gun.
    America needs more like Williams and Sowell to step forward, claim positions of power that make a lasting differance.
    Agreed although Sowell being an economic Professor doesn't share the same public limelight as a politician. There is a black conservative movenment in this country. People are speaking out. Lloyd Marcus and Frantz Emmanuel, both members of the Tea Party are both vocal on ending identity politics. Kevin Jackson is another conservative black man educating and also working to end identity politics in America.
    Anita Moncrief an ex liberal who worked for Acorn and is a whistleblower.

    The majority of black democrats are brainwashed and for them to admit that they've been wrong for so long is also admitting that they have been used and fooled.

    One of my black friends posted an ecard that read: Cutting taxes increases revenue said no economist ever.
    I purposely corrected him with a Thomas Sowell quote and it went ignored I can't say whether it went unnoticed.



    Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
    Last edited by Ms Understood; 10-02-2012 at 06:13 PM.


  11. #10
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    There is no shortage of great quotes by Sowell. He's the very first person I ever heard say the liberals "believed" in what they THINK is the right thing, conservatives use facts to back up there actions.

    I have said since I was a teenager in school that socialism, commmunism, and now democratic progressives are all a philosophy with this people. Almost a religion in their "belief" that all people are just equal, but on the same level and "as good as" anybody else. The insane part is that they are nearly as concerned with aquireing a Bentley, or a mansion, as much as they are in seeing to it that somebody else doesn't.
    Its never been about raising up a class of people as much as dragging the upper classes into the gutter with them. They are simply screwed up individuals with a wack idea of self worth.


    How can ANYBODY read these annd think the guy is anything but 100% dead on. What say you CVX? R&J? shue? H1986? da Mouse? Can you guys come on here and disagree with any of this, and please explain it without using the words "ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO" This isn't the Sherwood Forest, its real life. Real life doesn't pass out T ball trophies for last place. As much as it bothers CVX.
    Name:  sowell9.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  47.3 KB
    Name:  sowell8.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  37.9 KB
    Name:  sowell7.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  30.3 KB
    Name:  sowell6.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  38.8 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sowell5.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	180187
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sowell2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	180189
    Name:  sowell3.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  29.5 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sowell1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	180190



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  12. #11
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    There is no shortage of great quotes by Sowell. He's the very first person I ever heard say the liberals "believed" in what they THINK is the right thing, conservatives use facts to back up there actions.

    I have said since I was a teenager in school that socialism, commmunism, and now democratic progressives are all a philosophy with this people. Almost a religion in their "belief" that all people are just equal, but on the same level and "as good as" anybody else. The insane part is that they are nearly as concerned with aquireing a Bentley, or a mansion, as much as they are in seeing to it that somebody else doesn't.
    Its never been about raising up a class of people as much as dragging the upper classes into the gutter with them. They are simply screwed up individuals with a wack idea of self worth.


    How can ANYBODY read these annd think the guy is anything but 100% dead on. What say you CVX? R&J? shue? H1986? da Mouse? Can you guys come on here and disagree with any of this, and please explain it without using the words "ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO" This isn't the Sherwood Forest, its real life. Real life doesn't pass out T ball trophies for last place. As much as it bothers CVX.

    Pat Eason, the voice of reason...

  13. #12
    Senior Member Ms Understood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Murrieta, Ca
    Posts
    8,347

    Default

    Lets be honest gn7. CVX himself said he doesn't want to see people on the dole. Standing with their union makes them guilty by association and they would rather associate with failure rather than success because they think they need their Union.

    I am mortified by the Chicago teachers Union needing a raise and refusing to accept accountability for the inner city children that they teach and are supposed to care so much about and in turn, they throw them to the streets for a week or so while they party in the streets and send their own kid to private school. The children they teach come out of 8th grade and can't even read.

    The freaking Democrats are the ones who always throw out education reform implying money is the only solution and those big bad Republicans dont care about anyones education other than their own kids, yet they get paid by tax revenues which in turn are used to pay a private school for their own kids education.

    HYPOCRITES

    Yeah , they really care about the disadvantaged inner city kids. Its just like the Union brotherhood in Philly that I mentioned where they hand down union cards generation to generation. In Philly, you better know someone if your bloodline isn't getting you in.

    HYPOCRITES



    Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
    Last edited by Ms Understood; 10-02-2012 at 06:23 PM.


  14. #13
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    CVX may SAY he doesn't like people being on the dole. BUT he is the poster child for the "I am as good as you" or I am worth as much, or however you chose to word it. He thinks that the worker is entitled to as much if not more than the owner. He detests the idea that Henry Ford became a billionaire from the labors of his workers.
    Inside CVX he hates the idea that he is pinned down in his thankless job working for a thankless employer. He feels that because he works for who he does, he is somehow ENTITLED to better. What he struggles with is that in REALITY, he couldn't cut it on the "outside." He may, if there is any justice in the world, get a chance to find that out in the near future.
    CVX whines about anybody doing the same job he is and getting paid more. In CVX's mind, its IMPOSSIBLE for ANYBODY to be doing the job better than he is. Ask him.
    CVX HAS TO work for who he does, He has NO CHOICE. I doubt he could hold a job in the same field in the private sector, specially without a union to protect his ass or determine his wages. His attitude is not conducive to employment in the private sector.
    CVX is all for taxing the rich to death for one solitary reason. To REDISTRIBUTE the money, starting with under paid federal employees. His trickle down theory is, more in the hands of under paid under appreciated, over worked civil service employees, and let the money trickle down from their.
    So he is all for screwing his fellow democrates on the dole. Simply leaves more for the civil service employees.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  15. #14
    Senior Member Ms Understood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Murrieta, Ca
    Posts
    8,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    CVX may SAY he doesn't like people being on the dole. BUT he is the poster child for the "I am as good as you" or I am worth as much, or however you chose to word it. He thinks that the worker is entitled to as much if not more than the owner. He detests the idea that Henry Ford became a billionaire from the labors of his workers.
    Inside CVX he hates the idea that he is pinned down in his thankless job working for a thankless employer. He feels that because he works for who he does, he is somehow ENTITLED to better. What he struggles with is that in REALITY, he couldn't cut it on the "outside." He may, if there is any justice in the world, get a chance to find that out in the near future.
    CVX whines about anybody doing the same job he is and getting paid more. In CVX's mind, its IMPOSSIBLE for ANYBODY to be doing the job better than he is. Ask him.
    CVX HAS TO work for who he does, He has NO CHOICE. I doubt he could hold a job in the same field in the private sector, specially without a union to protect his ass or determine his wages. His attitude is not conducive to employment in the private sector.
    CVX is all for taxing the rich to death for one solitary reason. To REDISTRIBUTE the money, starting with under paid federal employees. His trickle down theory is, more in the hands of under paid under appreciated, over worked civil service employees, and let the money trickle down from their.
    So he is all for screwing his fellow democrates on the dole. Simply leaves more for the civil service employees.
    Right now his job may be protected since we aren't sending the DMV and other government office employees jobs overseas yet.

    Once their policy overloads us with more record breaking entitilement dollars combined with higher unemployment and debt and continued policy that sends jobs overseas, maybe we can start sending the government employees south of the boarder to compensate for all the illegal immigrants their President gave a free pass to. It would be cheaper.



    Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95