Rove & Morris
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 32

Thread:
Rove & Morris

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,144

    Default Rove & Morris

    Hannity latchkeys given a vacation by Fox...


    The one thing Fox News hates above all else is to be challenged—even when the one challenging the network is one of its own commentators.

    New York Magazine first reported that Karl Rove, along with fellow pundit Dick Morris, has been officially sidelined by the cable news outlet, following his wildly off-base Election Night charge that the network had reported President Obama's reelection in error, a claim that was instantly shot down by Fox News' own team of fact-checkers and exit pollsters. While Rove and Morris were regular Fox News fixtures leading up to Election Day, they've only made scattered appearances since, presumably reflecting concerns about their continued credibility. And now, programming director Bill Shine, a deputy to network head and all-around demigod Roger Ailes, has given orders that producers must not ask Rove, or fellow pundit Dick Morris, to appear on future programs without asking permission from Shine or Ailes first.

    A rep for Fox News has confirmed to Hollywood.com that the New York Magazine report is true and says that the reason for the policy change regarding Rove and Morris is that "the election's over."

    This would have been unthinkable before Election Day, when Rove was still considered the right's greatest electoral strategist. But after his American Crossroads SuperPAC poured $300 million into nationwide Republican congressional campaigns, of which only 1% proved victorious, many started to think Rove had lost his mojo. That night he rankled the feathers of the Fox News brass with his repeated charge that the networks' election team was wrong about President Obama winning the critical swing-state of Ohio. At one point host Megyn Kelly even asked Rove, "Is this just math that you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better? Or is this real?" Following Obama's reelection, "Mad Karl Rove" became a mini meme, with video of his on-air meltdown seen by critics of Fox News as indicative of a pundit who'd lost all touch with reality. Morris, meanwhile, appeared to take pride for weeks in ignoring the work of statisticians leading up to the election and sunnily maintaining throughout it all that Romney would win by a landslide.


    Kraut and MooseMom likely to be next...

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member AzMandella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tucson,Az
    Posts
    5,217

    Default

    So whats your point. That unlike where you get your news FOX cares about credibility ? Seems the regulars, ABC, NBC , CBS, MSNBC, and CNN could care less wether thier people are credible. Let alone wether they actually report something. You know news stories that they ignore bacause it hurts thier ideology and damages thier hero.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you were not racist, then you better find someone else to vote for to prove your not stupid.

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AzMandella View Post
    ...FOX cares about credibility...
    Sure they do, NOW...

    Their "fair and balanced" mantra went out the window a long time ago...

  5. #4
    Senior Member AzMandella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tucson,Az
    Posts
    5,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shueman View Post
    Sure they do, NOW...

    Their "fair and balanced" mantra went out the window a long time ago...
    Yet are still far more credible than the rest. At least they don't hide the news to keep you and the left dumbed down.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you were not racist, then you better find someone else to vote for to prove your not stupid.

  6. #5
    83 Crusader - 468 BBC SNiC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    If the Liberal media outlets would follow the actions and examples of the "Fair and Balanced" network, there would be NO anchors or reporters remaining on ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC or CNN.....NONE!

    As a general rule....Conservatives will not tolerate "political deception" from any media source, including those of which are among the most respected outlets. Disappointing yes...but these actions are a trait or our "Values and Moral Fiber".....something Liberals have no desire to comprehend or utilize.
    Last edited by SNiC; 12-05-2012 at 04:41 PM.



  7. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shueman View Post
    Sure they do, NOW...

    Their "fair and balanced" mantra went out the window a long time ago...

    You should be ashamed of your Posts present and past.

  8. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Anyone who believes that the Fox is less tilted to the right than MSNBC is to the left is not being honest with themselves. Facts are, both are equally partisan and both are in it for their stockholders.

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Daytona View Post
    You should be ashamed of your Posts present and past.
    Likewise...

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Never Say Never View Post
    Anyone who believes that the Fox is less tilted to the right than MSNBC is to the left is not being honest with themselves. Facts are, both are equally partisan and both are in it for their stockholders.
    Totally agree on the tilted...throw in Current too... But these pundits brewed up the Fox brand kewl-aid for viewers and they drank it up DESPITE the facts to the contrary...

    Hannity marched them out, night after night, and his viewers got sucked right in...reflects the IQ level of the audience... Fox has some good programming, just not these bozos.

    I look for Hannity to follow Beck out the door...

    just my .02....carry on

  11. #10
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Never Say Never View Post
    Anyone who believes that the Fox is less tilted to the right than MSNBC is to the left is not being honest with themselves. Facts are, both are equally partisan and both are in it for their stockholders.
    Yea, ONE network out of HOW MANY? People need to make their own mind up, but from watching CNN, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, PBS---- Fox is about reliable as it gets! I know, I know, you don't get it!
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  12. #11
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shueman View Post
    Totally agree on the tilted...throw in Current too... But these pundits brewed up the Fox brand kewl-aid for viewers and they drank it up DESPITE the facts to the contrary...

    Hannity marched them out, night after night, and his viewers got sucked right in...reflects the IQ level of the audience... Fox has some good programming, just not these bozos.

    I look for Hannity to follow Beck out the door...

    just my .02....carry on
    Facts? FACTS? You mean like the liberal media portrays them? The embassy attack in Benghazi was because of a movie. If you believe that then: Obama and Holder knew nothing about Fast and Furious. The 911 attacks were implemented by our military. We never landed on the moon.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  13. #12
    83 Crusader - 468 BBC SNiC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shueman View Post
    ..Hannity marched them out, night after night, and his viewers got sucked right in...reflects the IQ level of the audience... Fox has some good programming, just not these bozos.

    I look for Hannity to follow Beck out the door...
    You know Shue....believe it or not... I agree here....Hannity is a repetitive extremist Ass Clown!

    But don't get me wrong... I am still of the opinion Liberals are worthless pukes



  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNiC View Post
    You know Shue....believe it or not... I agree here....Hannity is a repetitive extremist Ass Clown!...
    10-4...

    I follow O'Reilly (read his books)...has his moments...Stossel is good...Wallace is coming around
    Don't get Greta nor the endless parade of blond bims spewing their "FOX Agenda of the Day" nonsense...

  15. #14
    83 Crusader - 468 BBC SNiC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shueman View Post
    10-4...

    I follow O'Reilly (read his books)...has his moments...Stossel is good...Wallace is coming around
    Don't get Greta nor the endless parade of blond bims spewing their "FOX Agenda of the Day" nonsense...
    Damn!....you are scaring me
    I have a tremendous amount of respect for Bill O'Reilly's works as well and understand your thoughts on the "bims"
    Last edited by SNiC; 12-05-2012 at 06:19 PM.



+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95