Political Correctness. It takes only one to ruin it for everyone.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 38

Thread:
Political Correctness. It takes only one to ruin it for everyone.

  1. #1
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Thumbs down Political Correctness. It takes only one to ruin it for everyone.

    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Colts fan & Stoker owner RitcheyRch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Santa Clarita Valley
    Posts
    8,170

    Default

    Dumbing down of America.
    www.facebook.com/RitcheyRch

    "I didn't pay them for sex, I paid them to leave"
    Charlie Sheen

    Life is all about ass, you're either covering it, hauling it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.

  4. #3
    Senior Member Boss460's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,679

    Default

    Arkansas Society of Freethinkers???

    They need a name change obviously.

  5. #4
    VOTE! RodnJen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    It has nothing to do with "PC" but more to do with what is appropriate. If parents want their children to attend a church function they are free to do so. The idea of taking children on a school-sponsored trip to a church is absurd although not surprising. Arkansas is one of seven states that still has laws on the books preventing Athiests from holding public office, eventhough those laws were ruled unconstitutional a number of years ago.

  6. #5
    Senior Member wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the garage working on the boat in Utah, United States
    Posts
    7,808

    Default

    So because the play (A Charlie Brown Christmas) was being held at a church, you think it's inappropriate? I bet if a play was being held at a mosque and it was cancelled because the families didn't want their kids going to one, you'd be screaming about how backwoods they are.

  7. #6
    VOTE! RodnJen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    So because the play (A Charlie Brown Christmas) was being held at a church, you think it's inappropriate? I bet if a play was being held at a mosque and it was cancelled because the families didn't want their kids going to one, you'd be screaming about how backwoods they are.
    Once again Wolfie, often wrong but never in doubt. It is because it is at a religeous institution, any religeous institution.

  8. #7
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RodnJen View Post
    It has nothing to do with "PC" but more to do with what is appropriate. If parents want their children to attend a church function they are free to do so. The idea of taking children on a school-sponsored trip to a church is absurd although not surprising. Arkansas is one of seven states that still has laws on the books preventing Athiests from holding public office, eventhough those laws were ruled unconstitutional a number of years ago.
    Not PC? Really? The parents were informed about this and given the option for their child not to go. But that wasn't enough!

    So changing the name from "Christmas" tree to "Holiday" tree is not PC either by your line of thinking.........
    Last edited by Forkin' Crazy; 12-10-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  9. #8
    VOTE! RodnJen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    Not PC? Really? The parents were informed about this and given the option for their child not to go. But that wasn't enough!

    So changing the name from "Christmas" tree to "Holiday" tree is not PC either by your line of thinking.........
    You obviously missed the last part of my post and the portion of the article where the parents are concerned about retaliation. And as for the "holiday tree", that's just B.S. It is christmas tree but people are free to call it what they like.
    Last edited by RodnJen; 12-10-2012 at 02:18 PM.

  10. #9
    Senior Member Boss460's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RodnJen View Post
    It is christmas tree but people are free to call it what they like.
    Back when I used to get a real tree, by January I ended up calling mine a lot of very foul names. Those needles are a bitch to get out of the cracks between hardwood floor planks. As nice as a real tree is, I'll never do it again.

  11. #10
    Senior Member AzMandella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tucson,Az
    Posts
    5,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RodnJen View Post
    You obviously missed the last part of my post and the portion of the article where the parents are concerned about retaliation. And as for the "holiday tree", that's just B.S. It is christmas tree but people are free to call it what they like.
    Really ? Seems many are being forced to call it a Holliday Tree because of a few. That is PC.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you were not racist, then you better find someone else to vote for to prove your not stupid.

  12. #11
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RodnJen View Post
    You obviously missed the last part of my post and the portion of the article where the parents are concerned about retaliation. And as for the "holiday tree", that's just B.S. It is christmas tree but people are free to call it what they like.
    That was after one person complained and got all the atheists riled up, was it not? Who wanted to retaliate and who threatened?

    As far as Arkansas law, yep it's BS. Do you really think it would hold up? I don't!

    Sure they can call it what they like, BUT they called it a "holiday" tree because of the push from the PC fringe.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  13. #12
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss460 View Post
    Back when I used to get a real tree, by January I ended up calling mine a lot of very foul names. Those needles are a bitch to get out of the cracks between hardwood floor planks. As nice as a real tree is, I'll never do it again.
    That's funny! Thanks for the laugh. I haven't even put a tree up in years! Unless you count the felt one I hang up on the wall.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  14. #13
    Senior Member Boss460's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    That's funny! Thanks for the laugh. I haven't even put a tree up in years! Unless you count the felt one I hang up on the wall.
    Yeah, if people think Holiday Tree is bad, they should hear me calling it a F&*king Tinderbox Pain in the Ass Tree as I drag it out the front door to the curb.

  15. #14
    Senior Member wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the garage working on the boat in Utah, United States
    Posts
    7,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RodnJen View Post
    Once again Wolfie, often wrong but never in doubt. It is because it is at a religeous institution, any religeous institution.
    Why? How does going to see a play at a church violate the first amendment?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95