Is this part of the problem?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 15

Thread:
Is this part of the problem?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default Is this part of the problem?

    http://video.foxnews.com/v/2046973746001/

    Maybe we should take a serious look at what HAS been consistent in these shootings. One fact:
    These are all young single white males. Where are we failing them?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Chop Shop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Puget Sound Wa
    Posts
    673

    Default

    I dont see any productive use for violent fantasy games.

  4. #3
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    So black and Hispanic young males don't play video games?
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    So black and Hispanic young males don't play video games?
    Yea but in LA they are shooting each other........................

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newbury Park, Ca/Mohave Valley, Az
    Posts
    8,169

    Default I agree...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chop Shop View Post
    I dont see any productive use for violent fantasy games.
    While agree wholeheartedly that these asinine games have "no social redeeming value", the same was said about TV when MY generation were the ones stuck to the TV screen.... I can remember some of the neighborhood kids that refused to leave the "tube" back in the early 50s. When we gained high school age, it was those same kids that were pretty much social outcasts. pale, and under developed physically... Kinda like the "Gamers" of today.... Am I saying EVERY kid "gamer" is going to go on to mass murder? Well, no.... But if your cat/dog goes missing they might be a good place to start looking... I have never seen any of these "games", but I do see all the TV commercials for them, as well as the ads for these unlimited fights in a cage....What are they, MMA fights, or something like that that teach young children it's OK to beat on someone after they're already down???.... I grew up watching good old BOXING, with stringent rules to protect the fighters, a far cry from the crap shown today.....
    Ray
    PS the "green belt" snipers from a few years ago were both black, one old, one young.....And just shot people from afar for the fun of it.....
    LOUD BOATS SAVE LIVES

  7. #6
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MSDC View Post
    Yea but in LA they are shooting each other........................
    Same in Jackson, MS.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Gunsmoke, I Spy, The RIfleman, The Man From Uncle everybody gets shot. No different than today.

    All this gun control Bull Shit coming out of Washington is smoke and cover for the failings by Obama with the economy and the deficit. Further he has to keep the smoke flowing so people don't realize who his real boss is, George Soros who is still trying to prove he can short the most economically powerful nation on the planet. Americans get distracted so easily.

    America is the land of equal opportunity, not equal success.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” .. Thomas Jefferson

  9. #8
    Senior Member Uncle Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MSDC View Post
    http://video.foxnews.com/v/2046973746001/

    Maybe we should take a serious look at what HAS been consistent in these shootings. One fact:
    These are all young single white males. Where are we failing them?
    The failure is in the parenting. Plain and simple.

    Todays parents seem to lack the skills to raise responsible adults that understand the consequences of both their actions and lack of action.

    Todays generations seem to fall into 3 columns -

    1. Hopelessly depressed I have nothing to live for "give me my ritalin."

    2. Im angry at the world and will take it out on everyone around me because I was (take your pick) taken off the tit, daddy was mean, teachers dont understand etc.

    3. Im special and the world owes me something .

    REAL male role models are hard to come by these days.

    Uncle Dave

  10. #9
    Senior Member Boss460's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
    2. Im angry at the world and will take it out on everyone around me because I was (take your pick) taken off the tit, daddy was mean, teachers dont understand etc.
    You've met my brother? And he's 38. He will never grow up or straighten up.

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss460 View Post
    You've met my brother? And he's 38. He will never grow up or straighten up.
    Hah I have a brother like that also

  12. #11
    83 Crusader - 468 BBC SNiC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
    The failure is in the parenting. Plain and simple.....
    I do not understand why Mama's guns and ammo were not locked and secured (assumption), especially knowing her son was mentally unstable ....she paid for that mistake with her life!
    Last edited by SNiC; 12-20-2012 at 03:57 PM.



  13. #12
    Senior Member AzMandella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tucson,Az
    Posts
    5,217

    Default

    Our biggest problem in this country is moral decay. Just look at Lib Central(San Francisco), You can eat naked in a restaraunt with your balls all over the char and female dripping. I don't mean to be so crude but this is the type of liberal progresiveness going on in the country.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you were not racist, then you better find someone else to vote for to prove your not stupid.

  14. #13
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MSDC View Post
    Hah I have a brother like that also
    And me a sister. No job and was pretty much living off my mom until she passed. And Obama supporter that is WAY smarter than I.

    Quote Originally Posted by SNiC View Post
    I do not understand why Mama's guns and ammo were not locked and secured (assumption), especially knowing her son was mentally unstable ....she paid for that mistake with her life!
    I can't get that either. WTF was she thinking? I heard that she told people not to turn their back on her son. There was some serious lack of thinking in that family!
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  15. #14
    Senior Member brgrcru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montrose
    Posts
    2,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
    The failure is in the parenting. Plain and simple.

    Todays parents seem to lack the skills to raise responsible adults that understand the consequences of both their actions and lack of action.

    Todays generations seem to fall into 3 columns -

    1. Hopelessly depressed I have nothing to live for "give me my ritalin."

    2. Im angry at the world and will take it out on everyone around me because I was (take your pick) taken off the tit, daddy was mean, teachers dont understand etc.

    3. Im special and the world owes me something .

    REAL male role models are hard to come by these days.

    Uncle Dave
    x26

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95