Another tax prop coming to CA
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 16

Thread:
Another tax prop coming to CA

  1. #1
    Colts fan & Stoker owner RitcheyRch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Santa Clarita Valley
    Posts
    8,170

    Default Another tax prop coming to CA

    Just heard on KNX1070 news as I am listening to Rush. They said they are looking at putting a prop on the ballot to raise taxes to fix our roads. I thought the gas tax was for that.
    www.facebook.com/RitcheyRch

    "I didn't pay them for sex, I paid them to leave"
    Charlie Sheen

    Life is all about ass, you're either covering it, hauling it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RitcheyRch View Post
    Just heard on KNX1070 news as I am listening to Rush. They said they are looking at putting a prop on the ballot to raise taxes to fix our roads. I thought the gas tax was for that.
    It's all a ruse to suck money out of the few taxpayers that are left to funnel even more money into the worthless government jobs that support mindless votes for the likes of Brown, Pelosi and Obama.

    America is the land of equal opportunity, not equal success.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” .. Thomas Jefferson

  4. #3
    a.k.a. "Mean Pair" Nice Pair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I want out of Kalifornia
    Posts
    5,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RitcheyRch View Post
    Just heard on KNX1070 news as I am listening to Rush. They said they are looking at putting a prop on the ballot to raise taxes to fix our roads. I thought the gas tax was for that.
    Talking about this, When was the last time anyone saw a Cal-Trans crew working, Sorry, simulating work? Are they all retired on full bennies?



  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Pair View Post
    Talking about this, When was the last time anyone saw a Cal-Trans crew working, Sorry, simulating work? Are they all retired on full bennies?
    They drive around in their orange and white trucks a lot if you call that work. They hire out almost everything they do that has any labor associated with it. Guess they view themselves as "engineers"

    America is the land of equal opportunity, not equal success.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” .. Thomas Jefferson

  6. #5
    Colts fan & Stoker owner RitcheyRch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Santa Clarita Valley
    Posts
    8,170

    Default

    I see them standing around on my way to work in the morning. Most of the time is one person with the shovel and 4-6 other standing tehre watching him with it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Pair View Post
    Talking about this, When was the last time anyone saw a Cal-Trans crew working, Sorry, simulating work? Are they all retired on full bennies?
    www.facebook.com/RitcheyRch

    "I didn't pay them for sex, I paid them to leave"
    Charlie Sheen

    Life is all about ass, you're either covering it, hauling it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.

  7. #6
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    I'll bet Rod is "pleased as punch" with the new proposition! He'll probably benefit from it.
    The best things in life aren't things!

  8. #7
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,460

    Default

    The caltrans guys in Lasen County work their asses off in the winter.
    I drive over Lasen from Redding to Reno a lot, via Susanville. Those bastards are hooked up day and night clearing those roads and they do a hell of a job!
    Of course, they probably get triple time and hazard pay doing it.

    We have decided no more fucking around. We are out of CA this year if we have to short or just default. Don't even care anymore.
    Between the tax and spend, fucking "board of equalization", and all the damned gun BS it's just too much to bear.
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  9. #8
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    The caltrans guys in Lasen County work their asses off in the winter.
    I drive over Lasen from Redding to Reno a lot, via Susanville. Those bastards are hooked up day and night clearing those roads and they do a hell of a job!
    Of course, they probably get triple time and hazard pay doing it.

    We have decided no more fucking around. We are out of CA this year if we have to short or just default. Don't even care anymore.
    Between the tax and spend, fucking "board of equalization", and all the damned gun BS it's just too much to bear.
    I've got lots of great places here in the NW Phoenix valley with acreage, just saying!

    It's 70 degrees today!
    The best things in life aren't things!

  10. #9
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I've got lots of great places here in the NW Phoenix valley with acreage, just saying!

    It's 70 degrees today!
    We were there for the finals, but didn't have any time for looking around.
    Phoenix is where Deb wants to be, and I ain't arguing it!
    might be there for NHRA Feb. will let you know if we have some time.
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  11. #10
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RitcheyRch View Post
    I thought the gas tax was for that.
    NO! That money was all spent on the adminstraion of the roads that need repairing. Roads are a huge logistical nightmare that require hundreds of people behind desks pushing paper. Those people don't come cheap. The new tax prop is to raise funds to actually repair a pot hole or two. Which requires 6 trucks, and 12 workman, 8 of which are supervisers.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  12. #11
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    NO! That money was all spent on the adminstraion of the roads that need repairing. Roads are a huge logistical nightmare that require hundreds of people behind desks pushing paper. Those people don't come cheap. The new tax prop is to raise funds to actually repair a pot hole or two. Which requires 6 trucks, and 12 workman, 8 of which are supervisers.
    Na', the new tax is to fund Rams upcoming State Engineer slot.
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  13. #12
    Senior Member Jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Na', the new tax is to fund Rams upcoming State Engineer slot.


    Naw, that guy (sorry) couldn't engineer a toy train!

  14. #13
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Naw, that guy (sorry) couldn't engineer a toy train!
    Makes no difference. It isn't like he will have to do anything.
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woodstock, IL.
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Cal Trans isn't bankrupting Cal. At least you get some use out of their labor. I bet there is a list of shit that you pay for so long it would be a scroll and you never realize any gain from it. They are not perfect by any means, but they really are present to every day life then many expenditures. Just be glad the "Illinois Tollway" is 2000 miles away.

    Should California start selling your roads to foreign interests, then you will have a real problem.
    Last edited by Carlson-jet; 01-10-2013 at 12:26 AM.
    The government's monetary role is to maintain the integrity of the monetary unit, not participate in fraud

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95