Colin Powell says he's a Republican
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 20

Thread:
Colin Powell says he's a Republican

  1. #1
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Question Colin Powell says he's a Republican

    (on Meet the Press), but voted for Obama TWICE!!!! You sir, are NOT a Republican!!! He went on to play the race card over a few governors' comments. Yea, right... But when a Democrat says anything racist, that's okay? He is half black, is he not?

    He sure wants Hagel for Sec of Defense. That figures. From what I have read about Hagel, I don't like him.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Bah... HST4ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,546

    Default

    I'm not sure there are any republicans by the proper definition left.

  4. #3
    Senior Member wagspe208's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    waterloo
    Posts
    2,034

    Default

    Colin Powell says one thing and does another. Black dude.
    Obama says one thing and does another. Black dude.
    If you think this is a racist statement you are an idiot. Facts have nothing to do with color.
    As MLK said "Judge a man by the content of his character, not the color of his skin". Their character BLOWS.
    Wags

  5. #4
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HST4ME View Post
    I'm not sure there are any republicans by the proper definition left.
    In the realm of politicians, they are a rarity! That is for sure! I see Powell as more of a Democrat than a Republican. I guess RINO fits.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  6. #5
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default

    I thought that the first "Black" to be POTUS would be a Conservative of some measure.
    I also thought Powell fit that description back before the Regime was installed.
    When I saw Powell speak of O, and promote O back in '08, I knew I had misjudged Powell.

    I don't know what to make of him other than He is a straight up suck ass.
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  7. #6
    "On the road again..." Old Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    9,356

    Default

    I listened to Powell speak at an event in Houston shortly after DS in the 90's. I thought he was more than he turned out to be. I don't trust him as he's turned out to be hpocritical and untruthful.

    He's "played the game" and afterrwards shown his true collors were not what he protrayed himself to be.

    R or D, it's hard to tell, but it's obvious who he supports, to bad he won't say the real reason why.....
    "Bottle by bottle, I'm clearing off that shelf...."

  8. #7
    Senior Member wagspe208's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    waterloo
    Posts
    2,034

    Default

    The reality is.... and a sad one....
    BO is the first black dude to be POTUS. (well, except clinton...rofl)
    He will have done so much damage, I wonder if a real conservative black will be electable. (assuming the republic survives and we have another election)
    I don't think this is a racist nation like all the libs do. I do know there are racists. Many of em are black.
    As for me... I honestly don't give 2 hoot in hell what color someone is. Character, honor, a handshake matter to me.
    Wags

  9. #8
    Senior Member bville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, KY
    Posts
    1,688

    Default

    Colin Powell can be a Republican if thats what he says,kinda like Spector.But one thing for sure he is no conservative no matter what he says.

  10. #9
    Senior Member Ripple Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Reno, Nv
    Posts
    425

    Default

    The left wing media love Powell. He goes on programs like Meet The Press bpd mouths conservatives.

  11. #10
    Senior Member brgrcru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montrose
    Posts
    2,676

    Default

    Powell is a republican as much as Christy is. I have no respect with both of there political agendas.

  12. #11
    Distinguished Member David 519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    5,756

    Default "I'm a moderate, I'm still a Republican...."

    I guess I'm the minority here but listen to his comments below. I have a lot of respect for Colin Powell and agree with a lot of what he says in that interview. Clearly the extreme right wing rheortic has chased away a lot of voters just like Powell (long time Republican who voted O in the last 2 elections) and IMHO that's a loss for the Republican party. As Powell says, if the Party doesn't adopt a more moderate and inclusive viewpoint, we'll likely never win another presidential election. The results from the last 2 elections make it clear the number of angry white, middle aged males is slipping in comparison to the voting demographic. Hopefully the Party can find a leader that will unite and grow the party rather than watch it continue to fracture and slip into disarray.....

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    ....... David 519 is 100% correct........

    Quote Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins82 View Post
    .....I think people forget that racing is supposed to fun. Losing shouldn't be discouraging it should motivate you work on your pile to make it faster.....

  13. #12
    Senior Member ICECREAMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David 519 View Post
    I guess I'm the minority here but listen to his comments below. I have a lot of respect for Colin Powell and agree with a lot of what he says in that interview. Clearly the extreme right wing rheortic has chased away a lot of voters just like Powell (long time Republican who voted O in the last 2 elections) and IMHO that's a loss for the Republican party. As Powell says, if the Party doesn't adopt a more moderate and inclusive viewpoint, we'll likely never win another presidential election. The results from the last 2 elections make it clear the number of angry white, middle aged males is slipping in comparison to the voting demographic. Hopefully the Party can find a leader that will unite and grow the party rather than watch it continue to fracture and slip into disarray.....


    Or maybe the Republican party is now the Democratic party of the 60's. Look how they treat conservative's. Maybe they are losing their base because they don't have the value system that many of us are looking for. Look what Boehner did to the few Tea Party conservatives that had prominent comity positions, he removed them because they wouldn't toe the party line like good little sheep. Maybe if the Republican party actually returned to their roots and actually put forth true conservative's to front the party, they would recoup some of the people who are leaving them in droves. The Republican Party is definitely a rudderless ship right now, but I think they need to correct back to the "Anger white, middle aged male" types. Don't forget the message sent in 2010 mid terms. Otherwise we are just a one party country, which is exactly what Obama is trying to make happen, it's called socialism.
    Last edited by ICECREAMAN; 01-14-2013 at 07:12 PM.

  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David 519 View Post
    I guess I'm the minority here but listen to his comments below. I have a lot of respect for Colin Powell and agree with a lot of what he says in that interview. Clearly the extreme right wing rheortic has chased away a lot of voters just like Powell (long time Republican who voted O in the last 2 elections) and IMHO that's a loss for the Republican party. As Powell says, if the Party doesn't adopt a more moderate and inclusive viewpoint, we'll likely never win another presidential election. The results from the last 2 elections make it clear the number of angry white, middle aged males is slipping in comparison to the voting demographic. Hopefully the Party can find a leader that will unite and grow the party rather than watch it continue to fracture and slip into disarray.....

    I am sad because there is no alternative to the Libocraps; The Repcons have gone so far right, they are chewing up there own kind.....If you don't march in lock-step with the extreme right, you are immediately labeled a Commie/Bleeding heart/Anti-american who is trying to destroy America......Some people have a difference of opinion...That doesn't mean they are whacked out or anti-American......Although there still might be a few whacked out. A good case in point is the Gun-control argument; If you don't believe that everyone ought to be given a gun at birth, you are "against the Constitution".....A lot of people believe in the second Amendment but don't think guns should be handed out like candy- simply have a NATIONAL way to keep gun buying from criminals and loonies...I would think that the gun lobby would want SOMETHING, but ANY suggestion is met with extreme rhetoric.....If the GUN lobby pushed for this WITH a self-destruct clause, then they would stop all the idiot extremists who want guns taken away...We are getting nowhere with the "NEVER give an INCH!!!" routine.

    And just to make it clear, I don't agree with all that Colin Powell says....Both on the right, and on the left.....But he still is a great American, and one of the best Generals/CoSs.

  15. #14
    Senior Member ICECREAMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cvxjet View Post
    I am sad because there is no alternative to the Libocraps; The Repcons have gone so far right, they are chewing up there own kind.....If you don't march in lock-step with the extreme right, you are immediately labeled a Commie/Bleeding heart/Anti-american who is trying to destroy America......Some people have a difference of opinion...That doesn't mean they are whacked out or anti-American......Although there still might be a few whacked out. A good case in point is the Gun-control argument; If you don't believe that everyone ought to be given a gun at birth, you are "against the Constitution".....A lot of people believe in the second Amendment but don't think guns should be handed out like candy- simply have a NATIONAL way to keep gun buying from criminals and loonies...I would think that the gun lobby would want SOMETHING, but ANY suggestion is met with extreme rhetoric.....If the GUN lobby pushed for this WITH a self-destruct clause, then they would stop all the idiot extremists who want guns taken away...We are getting nowhere with the "NEVER give an INCH!!!" routine.

    And just to make it clear, I don't agree with all that Colin Powell says....Both on the right, and on the left.....But he still is a great American, and one of the best Generals/CoSs.

    Seriously, you just babble bullshit with zero factual substance. You can't say that the "Repcons" are so far right when they've become the Democrat Lite party. Go back to Daddy Bush and see how big each president has grown the government, the deficit, and illegal immigration/open boarders. This is not Far Right conservative theology. If you hid their party affiliation, could you really tell much of a difference between the Bushes and Clinton policies socially and economically?

    It's not even worth getting started on the gun control debate with your logic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95