Honest question for democrats.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 58

Thread:
Honest question for democrats.

  1. #1
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default Honest question for democrats.

    Both of the following statements are from BHO's mouth. Which one is true?

    Today he stated:
    “The issue here is whether or not America pays its bills,” Obama said at a press conference on Monday as he ratcheted up pressure on congressional Republicans to authorize an increase in the nation’s debt limit. “We are not a deadbeat nation.”


    He stated in 2006:
    " The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit."
    The best things in life aren't things!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member brgrcru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montrose
    Posts
    2,676

    Default

    Here is your answer. "Huh". Oh ya doc, there not dems anymore, I call them what they are, socialist.

  4. #3
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Every single republican should stand up, and make exactly the same announcement before voting. How could O possibly smack talk somebody that makes the same exact statement he made less than a decade earlier? He'd look more foolish than he already does, and thats almost unimaginable.

    I would vote no, and give THAT EXACT SPEECH as my reasoning.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  5. #4
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    We are the only ones that pay attention to what he says. The sheeple just shout and cheer in agreement. If asked a liberal this face to face, they would look like a deer in the headlights.
    Last edited by Forkin' Crazy; 01-15-2013 at 09:21 AM.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  6. #5
    Colts fan & Stoker owner RitcheyRch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Santa Clarita Valley
    Posts
    8,170

    Default

    Should be rather interesting to see how they evade this question.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Both of the following statements are from BHO's mouth. Which one is true?

    Today he stated:
    “The issue here is whether or not America pays its bills,” Obama said at a press conference on Monday as he ratcheted up pressure on congressional Republicans to authorize an increase in the nation’s debt limit. “We are not a deadbeat nation.”


    He stated in 2006:
    " The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit."
    www.facebook.com/RitcheyRch

    "I didn't pay them for sex, I paid them to leave"
    Charlie Sheen

    Life is all about ass, you're either covering it, hauling it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,144

    Default

    Different time, different climate...

  8. #7
    Senior Member vdriver4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Boise ID
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Your right... debt is worse now and even more reason NOT to raise it...

  9. #8
    Senior Member AzMandella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tucson,Az
    Posts
    5,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shueman View Post
    Different time, different climate...
    That's exactly the answer I would expect from you. typical liberal BS. It is a different time. But the climate is the same. Infact it is worse. All the more reson for the Reps to say no and force spending cuts. And don't give me crap about defaulting on our payments and the elderly(SS) and military not getting paid. That is a liberal lie they use to scare the sheep like you. Many expert in the past say it is BS. But many gov agencies will be closed and that's all right by me. Of course you Gov employees on the other hand will cry like babies.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you were not racist, then you better find someone else to vote for to prove your not stupid.

  10. #9
    2001 cheyenne Splash 555 bosscat_40475's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Nancy Ky
    Posts
    175

    Default Where were you in 1991, when we invaded Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by AzMandella View Post
    That's exactly the answer I would expect from you. typical liberal BS. It is a different time. But the climate is the same. Infact it is worse. All the more reson for the Reps to say no and force spending cuts. And don't give me crap about defaulting on our payments and the elderly(SS) and military not getting paid. That is a liberal lie they use to scare the sheep like you. Many expert in the past say it is BS. But many gov agencies will be closed and that's all right by me. Of course you Gov employees on the other hand will cry like babies.

    Who do you think paid for this war and every war since. Unfunded wars that created huge National debts. Why not ask why those countrys to repay there debt to the US taxpayers. Why was it not part of the National budget? Seems to me you forget the lessons learned in Vietnam. Republicans should be held accountable for the lies of there party. LIES such as weapons of mass distruction, National Interest and ect. Don't cut what I have earned by your parties lies. The Republicans need to be careful of blaming others for there mistakes. We need to Learn from our past mistakes, no more wars, no more handouts to other countries, Take care of our own first.

  11. #10
    VOTE! RodnJen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    They are both true. The debt ceiling isnt' the issue, spending and revenue are the issues. The debt ceiling argument is nothing more that short-term drama and talking points for political gain. The long-term reality we need to manage our debt better ie, pay it down.

    You can have both but it takes governing. Something the republicans is the house seem to have lost sight of.
    Last edited by RodnJen; 01-15-2013 at 09:58 AM.

  12. #11
    Senior Member Jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    [QUOTE=RodnJen;1803266]They are both true. The debt ceiling isnt' the issue, spending and revenue are the issues. The debt ceiling argument is nothing more that short-term drama and talking points for political gain. The long-term reality we need to manager our debt better ie, pay it down.

    You can have goth but it takes governing. Something the republicans is the house seem to have lost sight of.[/QUOTE]



    BULLSHIT!

  13. #12
    VOTE! RodnJen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    [QUOTE=Jake;1803322]
    Quote Originally Posted by RodnJen View Post
    They are both true. The debt ceiling isnt' the issue, spending and revenue are the issues. The debt ceiling argument is nothing more that short-term drama and talking points for political gain. The long-term reality we need to manager our debt better ie, pay it down.

    You can have goth but it takes governing. Something the republicans is the house seem to have lost sight of.[/QUOTE]



    BULLSHIT!
    I can see you put you usual level of thought into your response.

  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,144

    Default

    [QUOTE=RodnJen;1803370]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post

    I can see you put you usual level of thought into your response.

  15. #14
    Senior Member Jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    [QUOTE=RodnJen;1803370]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post

    I can see you put you usual level of thought into your response.

    It doesn't take a Rhode scholar to know you are a leach on society loser.

    Or should I say, a taker and not a maker!
    Last edited by Jake; 01-15-2013 at 10:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95