Hurricane Sandy ??????
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 17

Thread:
Hurricane Sandy ??????

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    52

    Default Hurricane Sandy ??????

    The people in New Jersey are still in peril with the weather. They are now freezing to death, literally! They still have no shelter to speak of and FEMA is doing nothing!
    Where are the trailers that where for Katrina. Are they the best? Nope, but they are better than
    a plastic tarp over a few sticks. That's what they are using now, so where is the black man and his promises?
    Oh, wait he already got their votes.
    This man we call president went and got his photo op, got their votes and left them out in the COLD.
    Yes, they got exactly what they voted for, no question about that, but they are still Americans.
    They still live here in the US, not some third world banana republic. There is no reason for this to be happening here.
    Yes I know that they voted for this incompetent administration ( that is being put nicely ) that is a failure at best.
    Again I know that they are getting what they asked for, but.
    What can we do? Call your Representitive. and tell them to do something.
    We can send troops and money all over the world, we should be able to help our own here.
    Let's face it the Chicago Pimp and his Mistress in the big house are living high on the HOG.
    $40,000,000.00 for a two week vacation, $1,400,000,000 to play around for a year.
    Listen, the Democrat's are doing nothing, Maybe we can get the Republican's to step up and get something going.
    They will have to embarrass the Dem's to move them to help these people in NJ.
    Yes the Dem leadership is much like union official's, the only time you see them is when.
    1. They need your vote
    2. they want to stick their hand in your pocket, aka need your money.
    Call your Rep, this should not be happenomg here!!!!

    Will it do any good? We can only try and hope.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member ICECREAMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    I agree that this is UN-American to treat these Sandy victims this way, but I don't think the Republicans can do much about it. Christie is as vocal as he can be, but what's he get outside of N.J., 30 second sound bites if that? If the MSM won't carry the message, they might as well yell it to the Atlantic ocean. This is but one more example of how corrupt the MSM has become. They don't report news, they try to create and shape opinions. They will do what ever it takes to keep Obama in a heavenly "Glow" regardless of collateral damage.

    All the other Obama cover ups have been listed many times here in this forum. Let me add another. Does anybody know the names of the Americans killed in the Algeria hostage crisis??............ Anybody??????...........Me neither.
    You can bet your first born, if Bush were in office, there would be no end to the criticism he would be getting about OUR Americans that helplessly died in the Algerian desert.

  4. #3
    Icy
    Icy is offline
    Boatless Member :( Icy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    AV, CA
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Sympathy for liberal states doesn't exsist for me. They need a wake up. Strong centeral government is not the answer.

  5. #4
    Senior Member ICECREAMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icy View Post
    Sympathy for liberal states doesn't exist for me. They need a wake up. Strong central government is not the answer.
    Your in Ca right? So if we have a major earthquake here and we're stuck living in the rubble for months on end because we're a liberal state, your cool with that? I for one get tired of having to wear the black eye for being from California. I'm the farthest thing from being a socialist, as are most of the people I personally know. I would hope that other people would realize that we all shouldn't be judged by the actions of our ruling class here. I'm sure there are more than a few good conservitives living in N.J and N.Y.

  6. #5
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICECREAMAN View Post
    Your in Ca right? So if we have a major earthquake here and we're stuck living in the rubble for months on end because we're a liberal state, your cool with that? I for one get tired of having to wear the black eye for being from California. I'm the farthest thing from being a socialist, as are most of the people I personally know. I would hope that other people would realize that we all shouldn't be judged by the actions of our ruling class here. I'm sure there are more than a few good conservitives living in N.J and N.Y.
    X2 and there are!
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  7. #6
    Senior Member 500BBC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CIUDAD MEXICO NORTE
    Posts
    6,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICECREAMAN View Post
    Your in Ca right? So if we have a major earthquake here and we're stuck living in the rubble for months on end because we're a liberal state, your cool with that? I for one get tired of having to wear the black eye for being from California. I'm the farthest thing from being a socialist, as are most of the people I personally know. I would hope that other people would realize that we all shouldn't be judged by the actions of our ruling class here. I'm sure there are more than a few good conservitives living in N.J and N.Y.
    I dealt with FEMA nitwits after the last quake here in SoCal.

    They were useless.
    "Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though" President Barack Obama.

    Liberals just chose to ignore relevant information about the world they live in, and then call themselves sophisticated for having chosen to be more stupid than God made them.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICECREAMAN View Post
    Your in Ca right? So if we have a major earthquake here and we're stuck living in the rubble for months on end because we're a liberal state, your cool with that? I for one get tired of having to wear the black eye for being from California. I'm the farthest thing from being a socialist, as are most of the people I personally know. I would hope that other people would realize that we all shouldn't be judged by the actions of our ruling class here. I'm sure there are more than a few good conservitives living in N.J and N.Y.
    You know we are going to have a major earthquake. Be prepared and have a plan. You and your family will be survivors. Find some elderly person or person(s) who you know will need help and keep them in mind during your planning. As for the rest of the Californians looking to the government to save their ass, you can wish them good luck (to put it nicely).

    America is the land of equal opportunity, not equal success.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” .. Thomas Jefferson

  9. #8
    Icy
    Icy is offline
    Boatless Member :( Icy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    AV, CA
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICECREAMAN View Post
    Your in Ca right? So if we have a major earthquake here and we're stuck living in the rubble for months on end because we're a liberal state, your cool with that? I for one get tired of having to wear the black eye for being from California. I'm the farthest thing from being a socialist, as are most of the people I personally know. I would hope that other people would realize that we all shouldn't be judged by the actions of our ruling class here. I'm sure there are more than a few good conservitives living in N.J and N.Y.
    Why would I be living in rubble? I would go purchase a motor home or travel trailer and park it on my lot or at a motorhome camp. I may even leave the state entirely and start over. I could also live with family that isn't in the affected area. I could also borrow a motor home or travel trailer from friends are family. There are plenty of short term and long term solutions.

    There's a reason to keep both cash and credit avaliable.

  10. #9
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    With all due respect, one opening/shift of a couple feet will preclude any vehicle from passage. There needs to be a safe haven in your own home or what's left of it. Folks on the move will have problems getting fuel and supplies but your home can already house these.

    As for Sandy, it's the same as Katrina because it was a terrible natural disaster. The government does far less than the private sector does when it's all added up. My Church has far surpassed the Red Cross with relief around the world but they don't toot their own horn, they simply serve where needed.

    The real tragedy is that the news is silent about Sandy while they battered the administration daily over Katrina to the point that many believed Bush brought that hurricane on himself, somehow. Not that it's Obama's party failing, they are brutally silent while people continue to suffer. What a shame.
    The best things in life aren't things!

  11. #10
    Senior Member ICECREAMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icy View Post
    Sympathy for liberal states doesn't exsist for me. They need a wake up. Strong centeral government is not the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Icy;1841954[B
    ][/B]Why would I be living in rubble? I would go purchase a motor home or travel trailer and park it on my lot or at a motorhome camp. I may even leave the state entirely and start over. I could also live with family that isn't in the affected area. I could also borrow a motor home or travel trailer from friends are family. There are plenty of short term and long term solutions.

    There's a reason to keep both cash and credit avaliable.
    Maybe you're intentionally missing my point. It's not the disaster I'm worried about, it's labeling every person in a state a Liberal, and thus not worthy of help, just because of where they live.

    You used the term "I" multiple times, what if you had a family you needed to take care of, maybe parents or small children that couldn't be up rooted so easily? You mentioned your Grandmother recently in another thread. I don't know if she is in Ca or not, but what would you say if people didn't want to help her in the event of a natural disaster just because she's a Californian?

  12. #11
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icy View Post
    Why would I be living in rubble? I would go purchase a motor home or travel trailer and park it on my lot or at a motorhome camp. I may even leave the state entirely and start over. I could also live with family that isn't in the affected area. I could also borrow a motor home or travel trailer from friends are family. There are plenty of short term and long term solutions.

    There's a reason to keep both cash and credit avaliable.
    Really? You would just buy a moho or trailer? That simple. Would this be a new one from a dealer, or you have so much money you would simply out bid the others for the few that are available.
    One big one and over 1 million people are without housing and YOU run out and grab a moho. GOOD LUCK!



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  13. #12
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    With all due respect, one opening/shift of a couple feet will preclude any vehicle from passage. There needs to be a safe haven in your own home or what's left of it. Folks on the move will have problems getting fuel and supplies but your home can already house these.
    Depends on where you are. It will be either by flood here (I have boats), or it will be a tornado. My house is built in the very spot of another that was destroyed in a tornado. Yes, I do need and plan on building an underground structure. I've been looking at generators and even thinking of putting in a well and cistern.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    As for Sandy, it's the same as Katrina because it was a terrible natural disaster. The government does far less than the private sector does when it's all added up. My Church has far surpassed the Red Cross with relief around the world but they don't toot their own horn, they simply serve where needed.
    That is pitiful and one reason why I don't give to RC!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    The real tragedy is that the news is silent about Sandy while they battered the administration daily over Katrina to the point that many believed Bush brought that hurricane on himself, somehow. Not that it's Obama's party failing, they are brutally silent while people continue to suffer. What a shame.
    Like Sean Hannity says, "The media died in 2008."
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  14. #13
    Senior Member brgrcru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montrose
    Posts
    2,676

    Default

    If all these states including the POS one I live in, wouldn't spend the tax money like you know, and have a surplus like they are suppose to have. Maybe these natural disasters wouldn't be as bad as they are financially. But then again common sense never goes to well with politicians. My MOHO is always full with gas/propane food and water, in-case some type of disaster hits. and there is always more of that in a few sheds I have on our property. My neighbor goes to NJ every year at the end of October and runs 100 x-mas lots, he said the desperation was unbelievable.

  15. #14
    Screamin SeaMonkees Schi-502's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Vacaville, California
    Posts
    1,663

    Default Ditto

    Quote Originally Posted by ICECREAMAN View Post
    Your in Ca right? So if we have a major earthquake here and we're stuck living in the rubble for months on end because we're a liberal state, your cool with that? I for one get tired of having to wear the black eye for being from California. I'm the farthest thing from being a socialist, as are most of the people I personally know. I would hope that other people would realize that we all shouldn't be judged by the actions of our ruling class here. I'm sure there are more than a few good conservitives living in N.J and N.Y.
    Vacaville checking in!
    Loose, the Dogs of War!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95