Dhs full steam ahead
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 24

Thread:
Dhs full steam ahead

  1. #1
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default Dhs full steam ahead

    Looks like the DHS is not slacking off in their aquiring all the ammo they can.

    Strange, the DHS labels FULLY AUTOMATIC assult rifles as "personal defense weapons"

    LINK: ammo for 30 years of war



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    you should be afraid, very afraid!

  4. #3
    Just Me snoc653's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Eastern Iowa
    Posts
    4,047

    Default

    Interesting. They are going to train with JHP rounds and keep the ball for???? Oh wait, they have enough ball to train for 1 year and that leaves them an operational combat load of JHP rounds. They must think their agents are lousy shots.

    The 7,000 personal defense weapons they ordered in September are not only M4 style assult rifels, they have a 3 position selector: safe, semi, auto. They even ordered 10 30round magazines for each weapon. So they need that much ammo to defend themselves but we don't? It's bad enough we don't even get 3 round burst. But, even the military doesn't use full auto anymore on M4s. It is a waste of ammo and makes target discrimination difficult resulting in potential colateral damage and excessive rounds fired when not required. Why do DHS agents need assult rifles with full auto for personal defense? Of course it would be quite handy if you planned to mow down crowds.

    Why can't they call an assault rifle an assault rifle? Why do they have to try to sneak them in under the radar by calling them personal defense weapons. Minimum length is 20 inches, maximum length 30. Sounds like someone plans on doing some close quarter manuvering with these "Personal Defense Weapons". Where is the 5.56 ammor for training in this training request?

    My real take away from reading all of this: If I buy a new pistol, make sure it is in 9mm or 40 cal., If I buy a rifle, make sure it can safely chamber 5.56. If everything goes to hell in a hand basket, I want to be sure I can utilize the ammo they bring me.
    So many projects, so little time

  5. #4
    Icy
    Icy is offline
    Boatless Member :( Icy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    AV, CA
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snoc653 View Post
    My real take away from reading all of this: If I buy a new pistol, make sure it is in 9mm or 40 cal., If I buy a rifle, make sure it can safely chamber 5.56. If everything goes to hell in a hand basket, I want to be sure I can utilize the ammo they bring me.
    Meh, just get 1,000 rounds of .408, you'll be fine.

  6. #5
    Just Me snoc653's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Eastern Iowa
    Posts
    4,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icy View Post
    Meh, just get 1,000 rounds of .408, you'll be fine.
    My way is more cost effective. I'll just wait for them to bring me ammo. Maybe some of my old friends will find me a hardly used personal defense weapon to use with all that ammo.... But, I doubt things will ever get to that point. If I was honestly concerned about it, I wouldn't have sold all my weapons but the one pistol.
    So many projects, so little time

  7. #6
    Senior Member inthecurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    So.Or
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Yeah, things won't get to that point, it's not like the POTUS has a kill list and can kill anyone he wants too without due process.....

  8. #7
    Icy
    Icy is offline
    Boatless Member :( Icy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    AV, CA
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    I take it you didn't see the new CA proposed laws that WILL become law based on the super majority?

    I will become a felon when they pass it. I have a 10-22 with a detachable mag. This will be a felony and I will be a felon. This is ironic on so many levels based on what I do for a living and what trust the government has given me with other issues.

  9. #8
    Senior Member inthecurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    So.Or
    Posts
    499

    Default

    I'd say your not gonna be alone ICY... Probably be in a club of about a million new "felons" in CA....

  10. #9
    Just Me snoc653's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Eastern Iowa
    Posts
    4,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icy View Post
    I take it you didn't see the new CA proposed laws that WILL become law based on the super majority?

    I will become a felon when they pass it. I have a 10-22 with a detachable mag. This will be a felony and I will be a felon. This is ironic on so many levels based on what I do for a living and what trust the government has given me with other issues.
    If they pass it and you want to send me that illegal dangerous weapon to safe guard, I can get you the address to a guy I used to work with that has an FFL. I'll send you care pictures of it on a regular basis and for just a few cents a day, you can help it maintain a steady diet of lead and brass and rest assured that it will be cared for in a loving foster home.
    So many projects, so little time

  11. #10
    Icy
    Icy is offline
    Boatless Member :( Icy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    AV, CA
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snoc653 View Post
    If they pass it and you want to send me that illegal dangerous weapon to safe guard, I can get you the address to a guy I used to work with that has an FFL. I'll send you care pictures of it on a regular basis and for just a few cents a day, you can help it maintain a steady diet of lead and brass and rest assured that it will be cared for in a loving foster home.
    No you don't get it.

    There are too many men my age that don't expect to live as long as their father. Most of our fathers are not even 50.
    Last edited by Icy; 02-08-2013 at 12:32 AM.

  12. #11
    Senior Member wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the garage working on the boat in Utah, United States
    Posts
    7,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icy View Post
    I take it you didn't see the new CA proposed laws that WILL become law based on the super majority?

    I will become a felon when they pass it. I have a 10-22 with a detachable mag. This will be a felony and I will be a felon. This is ironic on so many levels based on what I do for a living and what trust the government has given me with other issues.
    You're looking at it wrong. I'll go with what that idiot in the senate said about immigration, My guns aren't illegal, just undocumented.

  13. #12
    Senior Member ICECREAMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    You're looking at it wrong. I'll go with what that idiot in the senate said about immigration, My guns aren't illegal, just undocumented.

    Exactly, now where can I find a few more of these undocumented, hard working, semi automatic protector's of liberty? Ca is going to unionize the existing one's and make them worthless, just like all the other state union workers!

  14. #13
    Senior Member wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the garage working on the boat in Utah, United States
    Posts
    7,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICECREAMAN View Post
    Exactly, now where can I find a few more of these undocumented, hard working, semi automatic protector's of liberty?
    In Utah!!!

  15. #14
    Senior Member wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the garage working on the boat in Utah, United States
    Posts
    7,808

    Default

    One of two things or both is happening. Either they are gearing up for a revolt or they're trying to buy up all the ammo. If it's the latter, it'll only last for so long. After a while the manufacturers will be gearing up for higher production.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95