Right Wing at it's Finest - Page 11
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 141 to 154 of 195

Thread:
Right Wing at it's Finest

  1. #141
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newbury Park, Ca/Mohave Valley, Az
    Posts
    8,169

    Default So Cal in the 50s & 60s....

    AQMD, EPA, smog laws and after the fact mandatory smog stuff for older cars etc etc....

    I can remember sitting in Mar Vista looking out my parents back window and seeing the TV transmitters on Mt Wilson, and every house had an incinerator in their backyard for burning their trash... We also had weekly "salad trucks" that picked up kitchen garbage.....

    Then came the city trash trucks, the private trash trucks, then recycling trucks, garbage disposals and in house driers replaced "clothes lines" in the backyards.... So the multitude of truck exhaust replaced the trash burning smoke, and the driers replaced the clothes lines using natural gas or electricity instead of the free, non polluting SUN and slight breezes coming off the ocean... YES, we need SOME regulation of air pollution, cleaner running cars, buses, trucks etc etc, and be AWARE, our boats are next to get the air pollution axe.... There has to be a fine line between regulation and industry, but not so regulatory that it murders jobs.....
    And yeah, years later the LA air IS cleaner, but at what cost??? By the way, the filthy air over Mexico City isn't captive, it is free to roam with the wind, just like China's where industry rules far and above clean air... Is it any wonder these third world shitholes are taking our jobs??
    Ray
    LOUD BOATS SAVE LIVES

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #142
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    If you have no skin in the game, then shut the fuck up. Its NONE of your business.
    I do have skin in the game- One or two companies getting sold to foreign investors doesn't have much effect, but 90% of US companies being sold to foreign investors has a very big effect; You can't hardly buy ANYTHING made here anymore, and that means our trade deficit gets worse.....Maybe you can balance the books with no money coming in while buying all kind of stuff, but I don't have any of that there "New Math".

    Pan Am, RCA, MCA, Zenith, Chryco, almost all the Diesel truck manufacturing, Budweiser, etc....ALL foreign owned....and most of them were wrecked by someone at the top, then bought ought at pennies on the dollar by foreigners who actually have to perform properly to earn their money. Definitely some of the blame can go to enviromental laws and Unions, but a lot of mismanagement at the top is to blame, and it's wrecking this country(And of course the pols are the absolute worst)...Answer me this; How did a FRENCH company come to own Radio Company of America(RCA)?

    How about Pacific Lumber? Family owned for over 100 years, but an SOB named Charles Hurwitz BORROWS money to do a hostile takeover, then starts clear cutting to pay off his debt...The company had been logging sustainably, while not hiring new people to keep output up, drawing down the size of the company, keeping their retirement fund well-funded, but this Azzhat raids the retirement fund to help pay his debt. He should be in jail, and the company should be handed back to the Murphy family that owned it. HE wrecked the whole logging industry in the redwoods area.
    Last edited by cvxjet; 03-02-2013 at 10:23 PM.

  4. #143
    Senior Member Bruise Brothers Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pomona,Ca
    Posts
    1,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moneypit View Post
    AQMD, EPA, smog laws and after the fact mandatory smog stuff for older cars etc etc....

    I can remember sitting in Mar Vista looking out my parents back window and seeing the TV transmitters on Mt Wilson, and every house had an incinerator in their backyard for burning their trash... We also had weekly "salad trucks" that picked up kitchen garbage.....

    Then came the city trash trucks, the private trash trucks, then recycling trucks, garbage disposals and in house driers replaced "clothes lines" in the backyards.... So the multitude of truck exhaust replaced the trash burning smoke, and the driers replaced the clothes lines using natural gas or electricity instead of the free, non polluting SUN and slight breezes coming off the ocean... YES, we need SOME regulation of air pollution, cleaner running cars, buses, trucks etc etc, and be AWARE, our boats are next to get the air pollution axe.... There has to be a fine line between regulation and industry, but not so regulatory that it murders jobs.....
    And yeah, years later the LA air IS cleaner, but at what cost??? By the way, the filthy air over Mexico City isn't captive, it is free to roam with the wind, just like China's where industry rules far and above clean air... Is it any wonder these third world shitholes are taking our jobs??
    Ray
    One of my old customers TABC (Toyota) moved their paint line to just over the Mexican boarder. This after we installed a very large Catalytic converter that just didn't meet aqmd standards. This cat converter was larger than my garage. So off to mexico and some jobs. But the only problem I see is the polution doesn't understand that it's suppose to stay on the mexican side. So who won this challange EPA or the polution. Needs to be a middle ground and work from there. But Nero fiddles while the USA burns to the ground....BBD
    Need help finding this 1973 Sanger 18'6" bubble deck mahogany bottom and stringers I was living in Pomona when I sold her in 1979. Just wonder if she still exists

    Update Found my old Sanger 12/7/14 in Reno.

  5. #144
    Senior Member Bruise Brothers Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pomona,Ca
    Posts
    1,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cvxjet View Post
    I do have skin in the game- One or two companies getting sold to foreign investors doesn't have much effect, but 90% of US companies being sold to foreign investors has a very big effect; You can't hardly buy ANYTHING made here anymore, and that means our trade deficit gets worse.....Maybe you can balance the books with no money coming in while buying all kind of stuff, but I don't have any of that there "New Math".

    Pan Am, RCA, MCA, Zenith, Chryco, almost all the Diesel truck manufacturing, Budweiser, etc....ALL foreign owned....and most of them were wrecked by someone at the top, then bought ought at pennies on the dollar by foreigners who actually have to perform properly to earn their money. Definitely some of the blame can go to enviromental laws and Unions, but a lot of mismanagement at the top is to blame, and it's wrecking this country(And of course the pols are the absolute worst)...Answer me this; How did a FRENCH company come to own Radio Company of America(RCA)?

    How about Pacific Lumber? Family owned for over 100 years, but an SOB named Charles Hurwitz BORROWS money to do a hostile takeover, then starts clear cutting to pay off his debt...The company had been logging sustainably, while not hiring new people to keep output up, drawing down the size of the company, keeping their retirement fund well-funded, but this Azzhat raids the retirement fund to help pay his debt. He should be in jail, and the company should be handed back to the Murphy family that owned it. HE wrecked the whole logging industry in the redwoods area.
    Perfect examples of living within your means. Now if the gov would do like you just showed for an example we might be on the road to recovery....
    Last edited by Bruise Brothers Dad; 03-02-2013 at 10:40 PM.
    Need help finding this 1973 Sanger 18'6" bubble deck mahogany bottom and stringers I was living in Pomona when I sold her in 1979. Just wonder if she still exists

    Update Found my old Sanger 12/7/14 in Reno.

  6. #145
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,386

    Default

    TERM LIMITS, NO RETIIREMENT, and if they don't pass the budget on time, they don't get payed for 2 days for every 1 past the deadline.....Two weeks and they are banned from ever running for office again......Nancy should never have BEEN payed for anything, the fugly *itch!

    Also, they STAY in their district and answer the phones, voting electronicly, only allowed to go to the "country club"(DC) for swearing in and a few special occassions. Start by firing all the present class...I'm sure there are a few good ones, but it's well worth the "Colateral damage" to get ride of the useless worms that infest DC.

  7. #146
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cvxjet View Post
    I do have skin in the game- One or two companies getting sold to foreign investors doesn't have much effect, but 90% of US companies being sold to foreign investors has a very big effect; You can't hardly buy ANYTHING made here anymore, and that means our trade deficit gets worse.....Maybe you can balance the books with no money coming in while buying all kind of stuff, but I don't have any of that there "New Math".

    .
    Hey whiner, tells us all what you have manufactered in your life. What is your skin in that. Because as more and more industry goes off shore the tax revenue that pays your sorry ass has dropped? Is that your bitch? You haven't made a freek'n thing that is made offshore. And your PEOPLE are too flippin lazy to get off their asses to do it for less than the government will pay them to stay home.
    Nobody wants to make Iphones for 80,000 a year BEFORE taxes, when they can stay home and get 70,000 tax free in government handouts.

    Nobody will assemble a school pencil without a mafia style union. And the government will crush anybody considering starting a pencil company under mounts of EPA regs from eco concerns of the wood in the pencil to the graphite hazards.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  8. #147
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Nobody will assemble a school pencil without a mafia style union. And the government will crush anybody considering starting a pencil company under mounts of EPA regs from eco concerns of the wood in the pencil to the graphite hazards.
    I can just see you in charge of a company without any protections at all; Your workers would be threatened constantly, payed a few dollars a day, and if one came to you to tell you about how something wasn't working on the assembly line, you and some of your thug friends would take him out in the parking lot and beat him.....Meanwhile toxic waste would be running down the streets and into the river....Then you'd bitch about how you can't throw your ciggy over the side when your boating for fear of lighting the whole river on fire.....

  9. #148
    Senior Member bp298's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LHC
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cvxjet View Post
    How about Pacific Lumber? Family owned for over 100 years, but an SOB named Charles Hurwitz BORROWS money to do a hostile takeover, then starts clear cutting to pay off his debt...The company had been logging sustainably, while not hiring new people to keep output up, drawing down the size of the company, keeping their retirement fund well-funded, but this Azzhat raids the retirement fund to help pay his debt. He should be in jail, and the company should be handed back to the Murphy family that owned it. HE wrecked the whole logging industry in the redwoods area.
    once again, you prove beyond a shadow of any doubt that you're the most ignorant fucking moron on this entire forum. you don't know shit about this and your conclusions are completely wrong.

  10. #149
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    So, to summarize . . . . . .

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LIberals without us.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	230978
    The best things in life aren't things!

  11. #150
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    In the case of our resident liberals, taxpayer dollars from the productive have paid their way - much of their way through life with one exception and his private sector salary is paid indirectly through government imposed codes and mandates.

    Conversely, we conservatives pay our own way through life through industry, creativity, hard work and risk taking in spite of government regulations, interference, impositions and taxation and NO SOMEBODY ELSE DIDN'T BUILD THAT!!!
    The best things in life aren't things!

  12. #151
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bp298 View Post
    once again, you prove beyond a shadow of any doubt that you're the most ignorant fucking moron on this entire forum. you don't know shit about this and your conclusions are completely wrong.
    I can bet that Hurwitz is a real hero to you; Take a company that's been family owned and run for over 100 years, taking care of their crew, and rape and piliage it so the one guy at the top can walk away with a bigger bank account....Ain't that what you are really about? Take money from the poor and middle class and give it to the "Poor" rich? Let's hear your "Faux" news version of the your hero of the fatherland....

  13. #152
    Senior Member bp298's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LHC
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cvxjet View Post
    I can bet that Hurwitz is a real hero to you; Take a company that's been family owned and run for over 100 years, taking care of their crew, and rape and piliage it so the one guy at the top can walk away with a bigger bank account....Ain't that what you are really about? Take money from the poor and middle class and give it to the "Poor" rich? Let's hear your "Faux" news version of the your hero of the fatherland....
    i don't give 2 shits about hurwitz, then or now, whether he's dead or alive. you "think" that company was "family owned"? you seem intent on demonstrating your complete and utter ignorance again and again. you "know" absolutely nothing about the timber industry in norcal, other than bullshit you might find in some libby blog, or some other treehugger biased nonsense. fucking moron.

  14. #153
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bp298 View Post
    i don't give 2 shits about hurwitz, then or now, whether he's dead or alive. you "think" that company was "family owned"? you seem intent on demonstrating your complete and utter ignorance again and again. you "know" absolutely nothing about the timber industry in norcal, other than bullshit you might find in some libby blog, or some other treehugger biased nonsense. fucking moron.
    I know, It's all the fault of the "Tree-huggers", those evil bastards that don't understand that God gave us the earth to rape and pillage to make that most religious of paper; Money! More and more, and if you aren't exploiting every molecule for profit, then you should have your company taken away from you so someone else can rape and destroy what you built.....Your name may be on the company but you weren't exploitive enough, so we did a hostile take-over and get you out of the way so we can destroy the company for a quick profit....Can't be planing for more than 3 years in the future!

    Get rich quick is the only thing you guys dream of, right?

  15. #154
    Junior Member ONCE-LER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cvxjet View Post
    I know, It's all the fault of the "Tree-huggers", those evil bastards that don't understand that God gave us the earth to rape and pillage to make that most religious of paper; Money! More and more, and if you aren't exploiting every molecule for profit, then you should have your company taken away from you so someone else can rape and destroy what you built.....Your name may be on the company but you weren't exploitive enough, so we did a hostile take-over and get you out of the way so we can destroy the company for a quick profit....Can't be planing for more than 3 years in the future!

    Get rich quick is the only thing you guys dream of, right?
    Who the frick are you, Lorax!?

    Cut the damn trees and cut out with the money. Its what made the country great. Bury the little sissy do gooders.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95