SD pet store ban??
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 22

Thread:
SD pet store ban??

  1. #1
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default SD pet store ban??

    WTF?

    Is this really a problem down there??
    Are pet shop puppies and cats really being churned out?
    I guess SD doesn't have anything nearly as important to worry about as underground puppy mills??

    I'm a pet lover, and certainly am against animal cruelty on all levels, but what the hell are they accomplishing here?
    Am I missing it??

    Pet Store Ban Passed in San Diego | NBC Southern California
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    RPB
    RPB is offline
    Senior Member RPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,139

    Default Its Racial...

    Clearly this is a socio-economic racial attack against the Chinese and associated Chinese Food Restaurants, cleverly disguised as a heart wrenching animal rights issue.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dog-meat.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	328625
    51% of Democrats dont know the earth revolves around the sun and 49% think that Astrology is scientific. (National Science Foundation and National Opinion Research Center (NORC) at the University of Chicago 2014).


    CF BLACK
    : Carbon Fiber Fabrics and Derivatives at the Best Prices

  4. #3
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RPB View Post
    Clearly this is a socio-economic racial attack against the Chinese and associated Chinese Food Restaurants, cleverly disguised as a heart wrenching animal rights issue.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dog-meat.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	328625
    Good God!!!
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  5. #4
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Good God!!!
    I think she's hot too!!!

    That is pretty stupid. Aren't puppy mills against the law to begin with? Reading some of the FB posts, it would be easier to buy a gun than to adopt a pet. Good grief!
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  6. #5
    LP-25.com Infomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Port Richey, FL
    Posts
    16,857

    Default

    Congrats to you guys living in that land of Liberal nonsense.
    If For Some Reason I Do Something Worthy Of Recognition. God Provided The Ability And Deserves The Credit.


    QE 439 Twin Turbo

  7. #6
    Senior Member SoldHondaBoughtHondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lake Havasu az.
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    No need for pet stores when the humane society kills more animals in a day than most pet stores sell in a month. A pet isn't something you buy on a whim because it's cute. When you get a pet it's a commitment for the life of the animal. For those who want purebred find a breeder. While there probably are a lot of well run pet stores but how many of them inspect the kennel or garage where they came from. Puppy mills sell to pet shops, that might be their only outlet.
    As many dogs (rotts) as i have had over the years i don't much care for puppies...The 2 males i have now are both rescues..One came from here.....pet shop is the last place i would buy a pet...know way to know what you are getting....so ya, cool SD...

    Maybe pets shops should be allowed to sell dogs/cats from a shelter.
    At least at a shelter they will be checked out by a vet and shelter personal are really good at evaluating temperament.
    "A liberal paradise would be a place where everybody has
    guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free
    education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free
    utilities, and only law enforcement has guns. And believe it or
    not, such a place does, indeed, exist: It's called prison."

    Sheriff Joe Arpaio
    Maricopa County Sheriff's Office

  8. #7
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    Where does this put me? We just had a litter of Great Dane puppies and I could've sold every one one hundred times. As it goes, I got to pick and choose the buyers and we couldn't have been more pleased with the homes they headed to. Three of the pups went to my own family members. They did tire out easily with all our grandkids, however.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1321.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	328817
    The best things in life aren't things!

  9. #8
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoldHondaBoughtHondo View Post
    No need for pet stores when the humane society kills more animals in a day than most pet stores sell in a month. A pet isn't something you buy on a whim because it's cute. When you get a pet it's a commitment for the life of the animal. For those who want purebred find a breeder. While there probably are a lot of well run pet stores but how many of them inspect the kennel or garage where they came from. Puppy mills sell to pet shops, that might be their only outlet.
    As many dogs (rotts) as i have had over the years i don't much care for puppies...The 2 males i have now are both rescues..One came from here.....pet shop is the last place i would buy a pet...know way to know what you are getting....so ya, cool SD...

    Maybe pets shops should be allowed to sell dogs/cats from a shelter.
    At least at a shelter they will be checked out by a vet and shelter personal are really good at evaluating temperament.
    So they really are puppy mills, or at least a good number are?
    i don't know anyone that actually got a dog or cat from a store.
    Rescue is where we get ours.

    Breeders for dogs.
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  10. #9
    Senior Member ICECREAMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    This probably has less to do with puppy mills and more to do with the fact liberals can't stay out of other peoples business. I'd bet there are laws in effect as to were "Pet Smart" can get its animals. I'm sure there were some stores selling black market animals, but instead of addressing the law breakers, paint them all as law breakers regardless of who gets screwed and just ban the practice for everybody. Shit, if Nanny Bloomberg can tell NY what size soda you can drink and what type of donut you can have, don't think we here in CA are going to be out Liberaled!

  11. #10
    Senior Member wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the garage working on the boat in Utah, United States
    Posts
    7,808

    Default

    This is right up there with the left wing nut jobs that want to ban bonfires at the beach. I wonder if they're willing to give up pot smoking because of the pollution it causes?

  12. #11
    Senior Member ICECREAMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    This is right up there with the left wing nut jobs that want to ban bonfires at the beach. I wonder if they're willing to give up pot smoking because of the pollution it causes?
    AMEN! That fire pit ban is some real stupid shit for sure! Heard they were trying to ban fire pits at Lake Elsinore for the same reason (pollution). Maybe they should ban all the tweakers cook houses instead if they what to do something productive.
    Last edited by ICECREAMAN; 07-11-2013 at 03:51 PM.

  13. #12
    Senior Member wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the garage working on the boat in Utah, United States
    Posts
    7,808

    Default

    I think liberals hate it when people are having fun. They don't want anyone to enjoy themselves.

  14. #13
    RPB
    RPB is offline
    Senior Member RPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    I think liberals hate it when people are having fun. They don't want anyone to enjoy themselves.
    Well yeah, the Plantation Masters are always making sure you know your place...and that they have last say on everything.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eat dog.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	329305
    51% of Democrats dont know the earth revolves around the sun and 49% think that Astrology is scientific. (National Science Foundation and National Opinion Research Center (NORC) at the University of Chicago 2014).


    CF BLACK
    : Carbon Fiber Fabrics and Derivatives at the Best Prices

  15. #14
    Senior Member wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the garage working on the boat in Utah, United States
    Posts
    7,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RPB View Post
    Well yeah, the Plantation Masters are always making sure you know your place...and that they have last say on everything.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eat dog.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	329305
    I guess I'm going to be a big disappointment to them then!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95