Moderate Syrian Propopent a FRAUD
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 27

Thread:
Moderate Syrian Propopent a FRAUD

  1. #1
    RPB
    RPB is offline
    Senior Member RPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,139

    Default Moderate Syrian Propopent a FRAUD

    A key source for both Secretary of State John Kerry and Senator John McCain on the "MODERATE" rebels in SYRIA, Elizabeth O'Bagy, has been fired for fraud.



    Syria researcher cited by Kerry and McCain fired for misrepresenting her credentials | Human Events



    here is her email for those interested in correspondence

    Elizabeth O'Bagy
    @lizobagy
    51% of Democrats dont know the earth revolves around the sun and 49% think that Astrology is scientific. (National Science Foundation and National Opinion Research Center (NORC) at the University of Chicago 2014).


    CF BLACK
    : Carbon Fiber Fabrics and Derivatives at the Best Prices

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    If they are firing frauds, how did they miss the Kenyan?
    The best things in life aren't things!

  4. #3
    Senior Member ICECREAMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    If they are firing frauds, how did they miss the Kenyan?
    Because apparently she actually had to show her transcripts and grades. Her "Trust Me" didn't fly!

  5. #4
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    She didn't have the entire US Treasury at her disposal to cover up here past, including her school records and create a BS life story out of thin air.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  6. #5
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,283

    Default

    ... but nothing about her information is in question and she's a thesis away form her doctorate. Good grief. She even admitted not being a doctor.

    But I guess this is "thread-worthy"....???

    You guys really need a life.
    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

  7. #6
    Floatin dirty Lavey29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,831

    Default

    I think I'd hit it and knock the PHD right out of her

  8. #7
    Senior Member ICECREAMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelcomp View Post
    ... but nothing about her information is in question and she's a thesis away form her doctorate. Good grief. She even admitted not being a doctor.

    But I guess this is "thread-worthy"....???

    You guys really need a life.
    Not true. It's thread worthy because it's news worthy, and I have life thank you very much! Didn't know you were the editor in chief around here deciding what is worthy of my time.
    Apparently, her alliance and experience's are being questioned by many. She only confirmed she wasn't a PHD after she was questioned about that. If someone is willing to lie or deceive others about who or what they are, that calls into question their opinion about everything else they're advising on in my book. It shows an agenda. If you are pushing an agenda then how factual are your findings or opinions?
    Elizabeth O'Bagy, Syria Researcher Cited By Kerry And McCain In Hearings, Fired For Ph.D Claim

  9. #8
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,283

    Default

    LOL..."newswowrthy"?? It's gossip. Her credibility is no more "questionable" than anyone questioning her, and there isn't a person involved who doesn't have an agenda. My guess is she's being made a scapegoat.



    Quote Originally Posted by ICECREAMAN View Post
    Not true. It's thread worthy because it's news worthy, and I have life thank you very much! Didn't know you were the editor in chief around here deciding what is worthy of my time.
    Apparently, her alliance and experience's are being questioned by many. She only confirmed she wasn't a PHD after she was questioned about that. If someone is willing to lie or deceive others about who or what they are, that calls into question their opinion about everything else they're advising on in my book. It shows an agenda. If you are pushing an agenda then how factual are your findings or opinions?
    Elizabeth O'Bagy, Syria Researcher Cited By Kerry And McCain In Hearings, Fired For Ph.D Claim
    Last edited by scott foxwell; 09-12-2013 at 10:21 AM.
    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

  10. #9
    RPB
    RPB is offline
    Senior Member RPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelcomp View Post
    ... 1. but nothing about her information is in question and she's 2. a thesis away form her doctorate. 3. Good grief. She even admitted not being a doctor.

    But I guess this is "thread-worthy"....???

    You guys really need a life.
    1. Her information is in question; as I mentioned in a previous post she works for various individuals on a contract basis that she benefits from so she is highly compromised and biased. Biased and compromised individuals are known to steer people and opinion in the directions that benefits them.

    2. A THESIS is for your Masters degree a DISSERTATION is for your Doctorate. and you know how I know this.

    3. She told her employer that she had submitted her dissertation and was waiting for her graduate committee to sign off....seemed to suggest that she defended the dissertation....anyway no Phd is forthcoming cuz nothing was submitted, so she lied to get the job.

    4. As someone with similar training (mine is more bio and psy) no way a 27 year old is an expert in that culture without having been raised in it or performed serious in-depth ethnographic investigation via direct experience.

    Fox news apologized for letting her on the air and not disclosing her business relationships that benefit from the term "MODERATE"

    It is thread worthy....you just didn't know how strings were being yanked....I caught it, seems like others caught it, she was exposed, then fired.


    Cheers
    Last edited by RPB; 09-12-2013 at 11:21 AM.
    51% of Democrats dont know the earth revolves around the sun and 49% think that Astrology is scientific. (National Science Foundation and National Opinion Research Center (NORC) at the University of Chicago 2014).


    CF BLACK
    : Carbon Fiber Fabrics and Derivatives at the Best Prices

  11. #10
    Senior Member 500BBC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CIUDAD MEXICO NORTE
    Posts
    6,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelcomp View Post
    LOL..."newswowrthy"?? It's gossip. Her credibility is no more "questionable" than anyone questioning her, and there isn't a person involved who doesn't have an agenda. My guess is she's being made a scapegoat.
    Now there's some pretzel logic, openly lying makes her credibility "questionable".

    You sound just like the leftist's destroying our country.
    "Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though" President Barack Obama.

    Liberals just chose to ignore relevant information about the world they live in, and then call themselves sophisticated for having chosen to be more stupid than God made them.

  12. #11
    Just Me snoc653's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Eastern Iowa
    Posts
    4,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RPB View Post
    1. Her information is in question; as I mentioned in a previous post she works for various individuals on a contract basis that she benefits from so she is highly compromised and biased. Biased and compromised individuals are known to steer people and opinion in the directions that benefits them.

    2. A THESIS is for your Masters degree a DISSERTATION is for your Doctorate. and you know how I know this.

    3. She told her employer that she had submitted her dissertation and was waiting for her graduate committee to sign off....seemed to suggest that she defended the dissertation....anyway no Phd is forthcoming cuz nothing was submitted, so she lied to get the job.

    4. As someone with similar training (mine is more bio and psy) no way a 27 year old is an expert in that culture without having been raised in it or performed serious in-depth ethnographic investigation via direct experience.

    Fox news apologized for letting her on the air and not disclosing her business relationships that benefit from the term "MODERATE"

    It is thread worthy....you just didn't know how strings were being yanked....I caught it, seems like others caught it, she was exposed, then fired.


    Cheers

    Surely a worldly scholar such as yourself knows that the difference between a thesis and a dissertation is primarily semantics. In the UK the titles on the papers are reversed; a thesis is done for a PHD and a dissertation for a Masters. Thesis are done for more than just the Masters program in the US. And it depends on what the University wants to call the paper. You could be required to do a thesis for an honors program at the Bachelors level. But that is not the issue at hand.

    This person was hired originally as an intern. Did she falsify her internship papers saying she had completed her degree? Of course not. The originally posted link states they elevated her position when they needed a fluent Arabic speaker and that at that time they knew she was working toward her degree. That same article said her degree is pending following her submission of her thesis. So she has submitted it, it just hasn't been finalized (which usually is a matter of routine and possibly a few edits as you should know). As you should also know, if she is a fluent Arabic linguist and was hired by rebel factions, she probably has ties to the area. So she very well could be an expert on the area in question. Based on the information that has been presented here, there is no evidence that she isn't. Other than her opinion was used in a political forum so she now must be nit picked to death. For all we know her dissertation could have been on that very region and the events that were leading up to the current situation. If so, she is probably more of an expert than some who claim to know what's going on over there.

    It's newsworthy because it is politics as usual today. If someone says something you disagree with, don't bother disputing the facts, trash their reputation and the public will think the facts presented are somehow false as a result. How hard should it be for the government to determine if she is correct in her assertion that there are distinct territories where moderate rebels control and others where extremest rebels control? Especially if as she says, they mark their respective territories with flags?
    So many projects, so little time

  13. #12
    RPB
    RPB is offline
    Senior Member RPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snoc653 View Post
    Surely a worldly scholar such as yourself knows that the difference between a thesis and a dissertation is primarily semantics. In the UK the titles on the papers are reversed; a thesis is done for a PHD and a dissertation for a Masters. Thesis are done for more than just the Masters program in the US. And it depends on what the University wants to call the paper. You could be required to do a thesis for an honors program at the Bachelors level. But that is not the issue at hand.

    This person was hired originally as an intern. Did she falsify her internship papers saying she had completed her degree? Of course not. The originally posted link states they elevated her position when they needed a fluent Arabic speaker and that at that time they knew she was working toward her degree. That same article said her degree is pending following her submission of her thesis. So she has submitted it, it just hasn't been finalized (which usually is a matter of routine and possibly a few edits as you should know). As you should also know, if she is a fluent Arabic linguist and was hired by rebel factions, she probably has ties to the area. So she very well could be an expert on the area in question. Based on the information that has been presented here, there is no evidence that she isn't. Other than her opinion was used in a political forum so she now must be nit picked to death. For all we know her dissertation could have been on that very region and the events that were leading up to the current situation. If so, she is probably more of an expert than some who claim to know what's going on over there.

    It's newsworthy because it is politics as usual today. If someone says something you disagree with, don't bother disputing the facts, trash their reputation and the public will think the facts presented are somehow false as a result. How hard should it be for the government to determine if she is correct in her assertion that there are distinct territories where moderate rebels control and others where extremest rebels control? Especially if as she says, they mark their respective territories with flags?
    So first off before a proper response....you disagree with the types of tactics that you employ daily? (see bold). In addition, so you would support government officials i.e Kerry and McCain cherry picking under qualified personnel under contract with foreign employers who benefit from "moderate" terminology so that they could site a source to bolster their opinion for war?
    51% of Democrats dont know the earth revolves around the sun and 49% think that Astrology is scientific. (National Science Foundation and National Opinion Research Center (NORC) at the University of Chicago 2014).


    CF BLACK
    : Carbon Fiber Fabrics and Derivatives at the Best Prices

  14. #13
    Just Me snoc653's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Eastern Iowa
    Posts
    4,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RPB View Post
    So first off before a proper response....you disagree with the types of tactics that you employ daily? (see bold). In addition, so you would support government officials i.e Kerry and McCain cherry picking under qualified personnel under contract with foreign employers who benefit from "moderate" terminology so that they could site a source to bolster their opinion for war?
    And you are mistaken, I usually cite the contrary facts first. When that doesn't work I then try to put things in terms that the right wing or left wing sheeple who aren't interested in facts can hopefully grasp.

    Now are you saying she is under qualified? The institute confirmed her analysis is rock solid, are you saying they are influenced by the war mongers or the Syrian rebels? They also confirmed that she has been on the ground and there in person and regularly reported on who her contacts were. So she was there and talking to people that are involved in the situation. How does that make her under qualified? Also are you saying McCain or Kerry picked her because they knew she was not really a PhD? Or did they pick her because what she said supported what they believed (or wanted to believe)?

    She didn't hide her association and it had been mentioned in the past. If someone wanted to use her work as support for their position, it is up to them to exercise due diligence in vetting her credentials and affiliations if they can be detrimental to the position taken.

    I knew a lot of analysts without a college degree that were damn good in their areas on concern. Not having a PhD doesn't make her opinion any less viable. Misleading people about her credentials does raise issues as to her credibility and if her sources and facts should be taken at face value. But, do you take an analyst's opinion at face value without checking facts and verifying for yourself? I certainly don't. And I doubt the institute she worked for did either.

    This is just a blame shift game to take everyone's eye off the fact that Zero wanted to start a war and didn't have the nuts to follow through with his threats. The fact that he didn't have congressional approval is beside the point. He chickened out and didn't follow through with his threats. Heck he was punked by a dictator's 11 yo son. Of course they need something to take the attention away from him.
    Last edited by snoc653; 09-12-2013 at 06:36 PM.
    So many projects, so little time

  15. #14
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    Is it just me or are a couple of the occasional posters coming in here for the sole purpose of engaging in the battle of wits, rather than fact-finding? I find it rather annoying to here their self-absorbed wordsmithing or well-read experience blasted out in post after post as if they are the only ones who understand such things?

    I'm here to share opinions and seek truth. I get a lot of insights from many but the bickering does nothing but detract from the content and context of these discussions.
    The best things in life aren't things!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95