Cali's “Lifesaving Intelligent Firearms Enforcement Act” is here!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 68

Thread:
Cali's “Lifesaving Intelligent Firearms Enforcement Act” is here!

  1. #1
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Thumbs down Cali's “Lifesaving Intelligent Firearms Enforcement Act” is here!

    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    83 Crusader - 468 BBC SNiC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Come on FC, can you blame them? Restricting guns and ammo has worked so well in Chicago there is no reason to believe California will not accomplish the same results



  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sherwood Forest
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Governor Brown vetoed a similar bill once before:

    NRA-ILA | California: Assembly to Vote on Anti-Gun Bill Any Day

  5. #4
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Garand View Post
    Governor Brown vetoed a similar bill once before:

    NRA-ILA | California: Assembly to Vote on Anti-Gun Bill Any Day
    The undeniable fact that it passed the Senate is troublesome enough in itself. Your argument holds no water.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sherwood Forest
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    The undeniable fact that it passed the Senate is troublesome enough in itself. Your argument holds no water.
    What argument? All I did was state a fact.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNiC View Post
    Come on FC, can you blame them? Restricting guns and ammo has worked so well in Chicago there is no reason to believe California will not accomplish the same results
    I hope that any place that passes such legislation gets the same results........stupid ass libtards It's a shame the good have to suffer for ignorance...............

  8. #7
    Senior Member Jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    So glad I moved from cal. several years ago!!!!!!!!!!

    It WAS a nice place to live years ago. Those who are left keep voting in the same slugs who come up with this SHIT!!!!!!!

  9. #8
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Garand View Post
    What argument? All I did was state a fact.
    You are so smart; you are stupid. So he vetoed it. So what? Does that mean he will veto this bill? No.

    Is it troubling they would even pass such legislation? Yes, yes it is.
    Last edited by Forkin' Crazy; 08-27-2014 at 12:07 PM.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sherwood Forest
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    You are so smart; you are stupid. So he vetoed it. So what? Does that mean he will veto this bill? No.

    Is it troubling they would even pass such legislation? Yes, yes it is.
    Gov. Brown might be a lot of things, but he isn't the anti gun zealot many righties here believe him to be.

  11. #10
    Senior Member Reservoir Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Emmett, Idaho
    Posts
    1,144

    Default

    i see can amo fling off the shelf in nevada with sales going through the roof
    Last edited by Reservoir Dog; 08-28-2014 at 11:15 PM.

  12. #11
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Exclamation You're such a peon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Garand View Post
    Gov. Brown might be a lot of things, but he isn't the anti gun zealot many righties here believe him to be.
    NRA-ILA | California: Governor Brown Signs First Anti-Gun Bill into Law for 2014

    California: Governor Brown Signs First Anti-Gun Bill into Law for 2014

    Posted on July 21, 2014

    Last Friday, July 18, Governor Jerry Brown (D) signed into law anti-gun Assembly Bill 1964. AB 1964 unnecessarily removes existing exemptions for all single-shot pistols, other than those with a break top or bolt-action, from California’s roster of “not unsafe” handguns. It is unfortunate that this legislation was passed and Governor Brown signed such a law that does not address any legitimate public safety problems and conflicts with well-established constitutional principles.



    Criminals are not purchasing single shot handguns from firearms dealers to commit their crimes. Rather than target criminal behavior, AB 1964 will only impact law-abiding gun owners. This new law effectively eliminates the only option for Californians to purchase numerous handguns that are commonly owned throughout the rest of the United States. As the U.S. Supreme Court made clear, the Second Amendment protects firearms that are “typically possessed by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes.” District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 624-625. By improperly expanding California’s ban on common handguns, AB 1964 violates the Second Amendment and will add to the growing list of litigation the state is already facing.



    Another point that AB 1964 only affects law-abiding gun owners is that it further reduces handguns available for purchase in California, which is already greatly reduced by the microstamping law taking effect in May of 2013. As a result of the microstamping law, a large number of handguns were “delisted” and can no longer be sold by retailers in California. And the state Department of Justice (DOJ) Newly Added Firearms list has been blank since May 2013, only on June 13 of THIS year were twenty-five new model handguns added to the list. To view the list of newly added handguns click here. To view more information on the microstamping fiasco, please click here.



    The NRA understands the need to fight the criminal misuse of firearms, and supports policies that are truly aimed at improving public safety instead of measures like AB 1964 that will only impact law-abiding Americans.



    Please call AND e-mail Governor Brown respectfully informing him of your disappointment on his lack of protection for law-abiding gun owners and sportsmen. Governor Brown can be reached at 916-445-2841 and by e-mail at: http://gov.ca.gov/m_contact.php.

    Next.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  13. #12
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default Own3d

    I wonder how long it will take rama-dingaling to rear his ugly head? My guess is he is under his bed in his mom's basement with his tail between his legs.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  14. #13
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Garand View Post
    Gov. Brown might be a lot of things, but he isn't the anti gun zealot many righties here believe him to be.
    You are usually wrong when you post but this time you are three times as wrong as usual. He signed three gun-control bills into law.
    Now, rather than spew something stupid about someone's wife or tell us you are a marine biologist, why not tell us how these bills will effect you as you have often professed both being a democrat and firearm owner in California?


    NRA-ILA | California: Governor Jerry Brown Signs
    The best things in life aren't things!

  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sherwood Forest
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    You are usually wrong when you post but this time you are three times as wrong as usual. He signed three gun-control bills into law.
    Now, rather than spew something stupid about someone's wife or tell us you are a marine biologist, why not tell us how these bills will effect you as you have often professed both being a democrat and firearm owner in California?


    NRA-ILA | California: Governor Jerry Brown Signs
    Why not research all the anti gun bills he has vetoed Doc, or are those unimportant? And for the record, I am not a democrat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95