No Keystone Pipeline?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 27

Thread:
No Keystone Pipeline?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Ripple Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Reno, Nv
    Posts
    425

    Default No Keystone Pipeline?

    You just knew this would happen. Obama bows to his left wing greenie doners. He would rather screw American workers.

    Join the Discussions!
    Register | Login
    Gone: The jobs Obama doesn't want

    By Adriana Cohen, Boston Herald October 23, 2014 11:50 am
    Text Size: A A A


    (File Photo)

    For six years, under heavy pressure from environmental groups, President Obama and countless Democrats have blocked passage of the Keystone project -- a Canadian energy pipeline that would have shipped oil from Alberta to the U.S., creating thousands of jobs.A U.S. State Department review found that the pipeline would create upward of 42,000 jobs during the construction period alone. Economists, meanwhile, have found that the pipeline would create 20,000 manufacturing and construction jobs and an additional 118,000 spinoff jobs, according to media reports.
    The president has refused to greenlight the project despite the obvious need for U.S. manufacturing jobs. Instead, Obama and fellow Democrats have bowed to environmental groups and strangled the energy project in red tape.
    Canada has had enough. They have decided to circumvent Obama and his posse of misguided environmentalists and go East. A Canadian energy company, Energy East, is planning to build its own major oil pipeline, bypassing the United States completely and shipping its crude directly overseas. End result? Canada wins. The U.S. loses tens of thousands of jobs. The environment isn't benefited whatsoever.
    This is what happens when liberals implement job-killing regulation without looking at the big picture or examining the unintended consequences.
    "The new pipeline will cost $10.7 billion and could be up and running by 2018. Its 2,858-mile path, taking advantage of a vast length of existing and underused natural gas pipeline, would wend through six provinces and four time zones. It would be Keystone on steroids, more than twice as long and carrying a third more crude," reports Bloomberg.
    This is not how to protect Mother Earth or how to do business with our biggest ally. The environment doesn't benefit by blocking the Keystone XL by having a much larger pipeline being built in its place. Thousands of needed U.S. jobs are lost and environmentalists have egg on their face. Or should we say Democrats?
    Bottom line: With $18 trillion in national debt and millions of Americans unemployed, the U.S. government should be implementing policy that grows our economy and creates needed jobs. Cowering to special interest groups is not the way to achieve those objectives.
    Adriana Cohen is a Boston Herald columnist and radio host. Visit adrianacohen.com and follow her on Twitter @AdrianaCohen16

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    This Muslim is simply taking care of his Muslim buddies in the Middle East at the expense of America. Nothing he's done, since taking office has benefited America or Americans. Saddest of all, the sheep would re-elect him again today.
    The best things in life aren't things!

  4. #3
    Senior Member Ripple Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Reno, Nv
    Posts
    425

    Default

    Obama screwed the union workers that help vote him in office. The majority of the construction jobs created building the pipeline would have been union jobs. He just doesn't care about working Americans.

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    541

    Default Who benefits from "no Keystone pipeline"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ripple Rider View Post
    You just knew this would happen. Obama bows to his left wing greenie doners. He would rather screw American workers.

    Join the Discussions!
    Register | Login
    Gone: The jobs Obama doesn't want

    By Adriana Cohen, Boston Herald October 23, 2014 11:50 am
    Text Size: A A A


    (File Photo)

    For six years, under heavy pressure from environmental groups, President Obama and countless Democrats have blocked passage of the Keystone project -- a Canadian energy pipeline that would have shipped oil from Alberta to the U.S., creating thousands of jobs.A U.S. State Department review found that the pipeline would create upward of 42,000 jobs during the construction period alone. Economists, meanwhile, have found that the pipeline would create 20,000 manufacturing and construction jobs and an additional 118,000 spinoff jobs, according to media reports.
    The president has refused to greenlight the project despite the obvious need for U.S. manufacturing jobs. Instead, Obama and fellow Democrats have bowed to environmental groups and strangled the energy project in red tape.
    Canada has had enough. They have decided to circumvent Obama and his posse of misguided environmentalists and go East. A Canadian energy company, Energy East, is planning to build its own major oil pipeline, bypassing the United States completely and shipping its crude directly overseas. End result? Canada wins. The U.S. loses tens of thousands of jobs. The environment isn't benefited whatsoever.
    This is what happens when liberals implement job-killing regulation without looking at the big picture or examining the unintended consequences.
    "The new pipeline will cost $10.7 billion and could be up and running by 2018. Its 2,858-mile path, taking advantage of a vast length of existing and underused natural gas pipeline, would wend through six provinces and four time zones. It would be Keystone on steroids, more than twice as long and carrying a third more crude," reports Bloomberg.
    This is not how to protect Mother Earth or how to do business with our biggest ally. The environment doesn't benefit by blocking the Keystone XL by having a much larger pipeline being built in its place. Thousands of needed U.S. jobs are lost and environmentalists have egg on their face. Or should we say Democrats?
    Bottom line: With $18 trillion in national debt and millions of Americans unemployed, the U.S. government should be implementing policy that grows our economy and creates needed jobs. Cowering to special interest groups is not the way to achieve those objectives.
    Adriana Cohen is a Boston Herald columnist and radio host. Visit adrianacohen.com and follow her on Twitter @AdrianaCohen16
    Interesting note: The lack of a pipeline is not stopping the flow of oil south to the refiners. It is being moved by RAIL. Who happens to be a BIG investor in RAIL? Warren Buffett!
    Crony Capitalism at its' finest! Don't blame me, I voted for Romney
    Dave

  6. #5
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    This Muslim is simply taking care of his Muslim buddies in the Middle East at the expense of America. Nothing he's done, since taking office has benefited America or Americans. Saddest of all, the sheep would re-elect him again today.
    Agree 100%!!! But the tide will turn in 12 short days.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxey View Post
    Interesting note: The lack of a pipeline is not stopping the flow of oil south to the refiners. It is being moved by RAIL. Who happens to be a BIG investor in RAIL? Warren Buffett!
    Crony Capitalism at its' finest! Don't blame me, I voted for Romney
    Dave
    Say it ain't so!!!??? And what is safer? Pipeline or rail. My bet is the libtards would want to to believe rail.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  7. #6
    LP-25.com Infomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Port Richey, FL
    Posts
    16,857

    Default

    Oil companies have "captured" the rail lines. Causing them to overbook to double their capacity. Coal fueled power plants are having a very hard time getting the product shipped.. Their reserve supply has been reduced by less than half.

    I'm speaking from what I have been told by a local power company we do work for. They have no idea why coal has been targeted. US coal plants have reduced their emissions by 80% in the past 20 years. While China has increased their emissions by 200%
    If For Some Reason I Do Something Worthy Of Recognition. God Provided The Ability And Deserves The Credit.


    QE 439 Twin Turbo

  8. #7
    Floatin dirty Lavey29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infomaniac View Post
    Oil companies have "captured" the rail lines. Causing them to overbook to double their capacity. Coal fueled power plants are having a very hard time getting the product shipped.. Their reserve supply has been reduced by less than half.

    I'm speaking from what I have been told by a local power company we do work for. They have no idea why coal has been targeted. US coal plants have reduced their emissions by 80% in the past 20 years. While China has increased their emissions by 200%

    Well, who works in the coal mines and factories? The hardest working most straight up right wing conservative republican regular old middle class Americans thats who I am guessing. So hit them with all these cap and trade regulations and put them out of business. Just another attack on the middle class and forcing all these hard working TRUE Americans out of their jobs and then dependent on the government for assistance till (if) they can find new employment elswhere.

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    S.W. PA.
    Posts
    574

    Default

    You do know that the mine workers union is an almost militant democrat union. Past presidents like Trumka have demonized anyone not in lock step with the national democrat party line. My late step-dad was a miner and Mom still gets the union letters with the party line. The union leaders don't give half a shit about the rank and file or their job security just how many trips to the White House they get, Google the number of times Trumka has visited. Trumka has since moved on to the AFL-CIO and was an early supporter of Obama so his backing of democrat positions still hurts his current members.

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rocklin, Calif.
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    This is the same shit we had in the 70's, remember odd-even days?
    Plus they took away our 112 gas...to boost the Alaska Pipe Line...Engines run on Fuel...This Government is no engine

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sherwood Forest
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    This Muslim is simply taking care of his Muslim buddies in the Middle East at the expense of America. Nothing he's done, since taking office has benefited America or Americans. Saddest of all, the sheep would re-elect him again today.
    Interesting that you are calling him a Muslim now when you used to refer to him as the Kenyan. Have you accepted the fact he is a natural born citizen, or is he a Kenyan Muslim and you are taking the stance that everyone is in agreement he is a Kenyan so there is no need to point that out?

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sherwood Forest
    Posts
    600

    Default

    What if the reason Obama hasn't approved the Keystone Pipeline is because he doesn't want to flood the US with foreign Canadian oil so oil demand stays high, which keeps oil prices elevated, which gives incentive to invest in oil exploration and extraction here in the US?

  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sherwood Forest
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Are you guys aware that there is also Keystone Pipeline already in place bringing oil from Canada south to US refiners? Keystone Pipeline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    And it was built with Obama in the WH?

    And while the Keystone XL pipeline hasn't been built the pony express pipeline and double h pipeline have recently, bringing Bakaan oil south.

  14. #13
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default

    Sup ramrod??

    did you upgrade to an iPhone 6 yet?
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  15. #14
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Garand View Post
    What if the reason Obama hasn't approved the Keystone Pipeline is because he doesn't want to flood the US with foreign Canadian oil so oil demand stays high, which keeps oil prices elevated, which gives incentive to invest in oil exploration and extraction here in the US?
    LOL!!! You do realize where that oil-refined will go, right? First it will be refined in the US, then it will be exported... But you did know this, right?
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95