White House urges body cameras for police after Ferguson
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 24

Thread:
White House urges body cameras for police after Ferguson

  1. #1
    83 Crusader - 468 BBC SNiC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,524

    Default White House urges body cameras for police after Ferguson

    The White House is pushing a multi-million-dollar program to encourage local law enforcement agencies to use body cameras, on the heels of the police shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo.
    White House urges body cameras for police after Ferguson | Fox News

    This comes as no surprise as it is painfully obvious that our POTUS has no respect for the laws of our land and as evidenced by his actions, his oath to uphold and enforce the laws of our land are meaningless to Obama as well.....this is simply how Obama is wired! Therefore, it is easy to understand why Obama feels others can not be trusted no more than himself!

    Ok, let us think of some of the messages society will be sending to our brave men and women in law enforcement:

    1. You are lairs.
    2. You are not trusted to report your findings
    3. You are not competent enough to fulfill your duties without being watched.
    4. You are not allowed any privacy while on the job.
    5. We do not care what you say
    6. Your word is no good!
    7. Your judgement will always be "examined" by bureaucrats
    8. You are on trail 24/7
    9. You have no civil rights!
    10. (fill in the blanks on your own......)

    Can you try to imagine what will happen to the quality of our law enforcement personnel? I for one believe Obama is the one who needs to be wearing a camera.

    Some of you may view this as a good tool in the defense of the Officers. You can rest assured, everything captured on the camera will be used against the Officers, and other related events not caught on camera, i.e; a thug robbing cigars from a convenient store will be considered a myth....I see this action as steps to remove the human element from law enforcement...... Hey Robo Cop, you're on deck
    Last edited by SNiC; 12-01-2014 at 03:17 PM.



  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Bubbletop409's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Castro Valley, State of Insanity
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    How about they be required on all his sons and daughters 24/7, should make the trial a no brainer. F the kenyan prick and all his race baiting buddies.
    Larry

    62 Bel-Air 409
    260 Eagle XP HP500EFI
    2016 Corvette Z51
    79 Cole TR-2 Sunset Racecraft 565 (RIP Tracy)
    Remember in November
    Well done USN Seal Team 6

  4. #3
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    They seemed to help in the cars. I can see this as a plus as we'll find out the good and the bad. I have seen where some municipalities have already done it. And some cops are doing it at their own expense. It will be a plus more than a minus IMO. If we only had a video of Wilson and Brown, perhaps we would know the true story.

    Now would it have stopped the riots and looting? Certainly not. The justice system spoke and the blacks of Ferguson (and I suspect hired thugs from who knows where) rioted anyway.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  5. #4
    83 Crusader - 468 BBC SNiC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    ..... If we only had a video of Wilson and Brown, perhaps we would know the true story.....
    I expected there would be disagreement, To each his own, but personally, in regards to Ferguson, I am satisfied we have the truth... What kind of a society have we evolved into when we can not take a Law Officer at his word and honor....IMO, cameras in the cars are like cameras in convenient stores, they are there to record the crimes in progress, not to dishonor the Officers which in reality is Obama's intent
    Bottom Line, Officer Wilson's word is not good enough for OPOS!

    On a second thought, as we continue to set God aside, man will only be accountable to man. Damn!.....cameras for everybody 24/7 may not be a bad thing after all!....but wait.....who will judge?
    Last edited by SNiC; 12-01-2014 at 06:26 PM.



  6. #5
    Senior Member Jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNiC View Post
    I expected there would be disagreement, To each his own, but personally, in regards to Ferguson, I am satisfied we have the truth... What kind of a society have we evolved into when we can not take a Law Officer at his word and honor....IMO, cameras in the cars are like cameras in convenient stores, they are there to record the crimes in progress, not to dishonor the Officers which in reality is Obama's intent
    Bottom Line, Officer Wilson's word is not good enough for OPOS!

    On a second thought, as we continue to set God aside, man will only be accountable to man. Damn!.....cameras for everybody 24/7 may not be a bad thing after all!....but wait.....who will judge?

    I think zero should have one, so we can see who's dick he's sucking!

  7. #6
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Yea, it may have helped Wilson's case, but then we'll never really know. If I was a cop, I'd have a GoPro front and center every time I exited my vehicle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I think zero should have one, so we can see who's dick he's sucking!
    That's a no brainer... Michelle's!!!
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  8. #7
    Senior Member hava life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    784

    Default

    [QUOTE=Forkin' Crazy;3502834]Yea, it may have helped Wilson's case, but then we'll never really know. If I was a cop, I'd have a GoPro front and center every time I exited my vehicle.

    But he never exited his vehicle when he was first confronted.. Facts are facts, Mike Brown was a very young thug and the thugs are proving it. I feel for our police and for people they may need to help. What will the response time be now? Think about it,,,, why would they want to come and protect a person that was being assaulted? Show up after the crime is completed so no one can question why they confronted a person. IMO game over for the people that feel safe and think help is on the way.

  9. #8
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hava life View Post

    But he never exited his vehicle when he was first confronted.. Facts are facts, Mike Brown was a very young thug and the thugs are proving it. I feel for our police and for people they may need to help. What will the response time be now? Think about it,,,, why would they want to come and protect a person that was being assaulted? Show up after the crime is completed so no one can question why they confronted a person. IMO game over for the people that feel safe and think help is on the way.
    I am not going to argue and never said he left his car???.... I said it "may have helped", meaning it might have, it might have not. Just as dash camera could have. Audio surely would have helped. Think of that.
    Last edited by Forkin' Crazy; 12-01-2014 at 11:24 PM.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  10. #9
    Senior Member ICECREAMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    I like the idea of body cameras as well as car cameras. Police are public servants. Therefore, while on duty, they have no privacy. The cameras become an unbiased witness to exactly what happens, totally emotionless. Just recording the facts. If the facts show a bad cop then let the chips fall where they may. My bet is more than 90 out of a 100 times the video is going to exonerate the police. The other times, well it will help get rid of bad cops.

  11. #10
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    Just one more expense to the taxpayers.
    The best things in life aren't things!

  12. #11
    Senior Member Deweydaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DBN./DBN HTGS. Michigan
    Posts
    1,544

    Default

    I think it will help the lawman in the long run....good and bad....prolly make more cases than loose, as far as the camaras go....I smell a business opportunity for someone to sell,rent, repair these cameras issued......be a nice contract ......and of course....we'll all pay for it.....
    I’d rather live with a good question than a bad answer.

  13. #12
    Senior Member wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the garage working on the boat in Utah, United States
    Posts
    7,808

    Default

    I, for one, believe in the body cams. We know a lot of our local officers and most favor the body cams. They also say it's getting harder to find high quality people to take jobs where the people hate them, they put their lives on the line every day, and are paid less than some non-educated positions. They're weeding out so many people that want to be police officers to make up for being bullied as kids.

    The fact that Obama has cut certain programs that help to recruit and train good police officers has led to a decrease in the best officers applying. Clinton (of all people) had programs out there to entice educated, and well balanced people to fill the jobs in law enforcement. All of programs have been cut under Obama and redirected to pay for the shitheads that don't provide anything to this nation.

    The reason I think the body cams are good are to protect the good police officers, and to weed out the bad.

  14. #13
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICECREAMAN View Post
    I like the idea of body cameras as well as car cameras. Police are public servants. Therefore, while on duty, they have no privacy. The cameras become an unbiased witness to exactly what happens, totally emotionless. Just recording the facts. If the facts show a bad cop then let the chips fall where they may. My bet is more than 90 out of a 100 times the video is going to exonerate the police. The other times, well it will help get rid of bad cops.
    Now if we just could apply this to the DMV and a few other government offices!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Just one more expense to the taxpayers.
    What is more expensive? Paid leave, law suits, lootings, burnings, and destruction of private and public property?

    Sorry Doc, I rarely disagree. Even our troops are using video cameras. If I were a law officer, I would buy my own if I had to.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  15. #14
    Senior Member f_inscreenname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Pasadena, Maryland
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    I also think they should ware them. For their protection and ours and just think of the flood of youtube videos coming soon.
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1966 Donzi 16
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95