And it begins ......
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 71

Thread:
And it begins ......

  1. #1
    Urban Cougar Trapper Gopher711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sandia,Tx. 78383
    Posts
    976

    Default And it begins ......

    With OPEC Shieks vowing oil will never again hit $100 a barrel on US Soil and oil less than $50 and falling ...
    All the majors are laying off , Schlumberger just announced it will cut 9000 by second quarter , Halliburton is following suit along with Baker and others ...going to get really nasty in the stockmarket soon and the ripple effect will take off and tank a lot of companies , I hope it will turn around but it doesn't look very promising... Oh yea Obangya... You DID build this one !
    http://oathkeepers.org
    Due to the fact that GOD limited mans intelligence , it's unfortunate he did not also limit his Stupidity !!!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member inthecurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    So.Or
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Odumbo will tax the living crap out of fuel now in the name of climate change to make prices high again... Just watch!!!
    Obama Presidency: "If it's not broken, fix it til it is!!!!"

  4. #3
    Urban Cougar Trapper Gopher711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sandia,Tx. 78383
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Fuel prices can be $20 a gallon at the pump which means ZILCH ! They are going to add more taxes that's a no brainier , but if Crude Oil doesn't get back up to at least $70 there are going to be Many Layoffs and not just in the oil sectors !
    http://oathkeepers.org
    Due to the fact that GOD limited mans intelligence , it's unfortunate he did not also limit his Stupidity !!!

  5. #4
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    It's O's people continuing the sabotage on the American economy.
    He wants a third world country out of America before he leaves office so a Soros-Style one world government can commence.
    The best things in life aren't things!

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,846

    Default

    This has nothing to do with who's in office, and if it did, the house and senate are controlled by Republicans.

    So, the answer to US problems would be higher oil prices?
    For me, that means higher cost of gasoline. And how does that benefit me?
    Higher oil prices means the oil investors make more money, and how does that benefit you or me, it doesn't unless you invest in oil.
    It takes a certain amount of man hours to produce gasoline and oil products, and as long as there is a demand, those products will continue to be supplied.
    There may be less drilling, but that is a small portion of the equation, and there is no shortage of petroleum products.

    The reason Exon/Mobil has had record profits every year for years is the investors are getting rich, not for the benefit of the average person.
    They are making money at the current prices or they would discontinue producing and they don't. The difference between the current prices and the inflated prices for the past years is money that went into the super-rich pockets.

    So tell me how artificially inflated oil prices will help most of us?
    You won't hear me crying.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Roaddogg 4040's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lake Havasu City, AZ/Algonac, MI
    Posts
    5,312

    Default

    There has to be enough money in oil for these guys to make a profit. I'm not talking about Exon and the other big companies but the little guys. Its the little guys that have finally gotten back in the business. They have financed them selves up to the moon buying drilling equipment, platforms, trucks, trailers, homes, and on and on. Now, when the oil prices drop like is is right now, it is these buys that are going to loose everything.

    The banks are going to foreclose and these guys will be put out on the street. Along with these guys are all of the support people and company's that keep the oil field company's going. It just mushrooms out bigger and bigger and affects a huge amount of people. There is a lot more to it than just cheaper gas. OPEC is right in the middle of this saying that hey won't raise prices over a $100 a barrel again thinking that we will shut down and let t hem keep there market share. Big mistake. Now is the chance that we could put the squeeze of those fuckers for fucking us for all those years but no, our fearless leader O, will make sure that all his Muslim buddies will be just fine and they will be protected by the Muslim loving President friend.

    Steve

  8. #7
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaddogg 4040 View Post
    There has to be enough money in oil for these guys to make a profit. I'm not talking about Exon and the other big companies but the little guys. Its the little guys that have finally gotten back in the business. They have financed them selves up to the moon buying drilling equipment, platforms, trucks, trailers, homes, and on and on. Now, when the oil prices drop like is is right now, it is these buys that are going to loose everything.

    The banks are going to foreclose and these guys will be put out on the street. Along with these guys are all of the support people and company's that keep the oil field company's going. It just mushrooms out bigger and bigger and affects a huge amount of people. There is a lot more to it than just cheaper gas. OPEC is right in the middle of this saying that hey won't raise prices over a $100 a barrel again thinking that we will shut down and let t hem keep there market share. Big mistake. Now is the chance that we could put the squeeze of those fuckers for fucking us for all those years but no, our fearless leader O, will make sure that all his Muslim buddies will be just fine and they will be protected by the Muslim loving President friend.

    Steve
    Exactly.

    Entire communities are being pinched right now, while the consumer cheers at the pump...having been conditioned to hate Big Oil at any cost.
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  9. #8
    Senior Member f_inscreenname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Pasadena, Maryland
    Posts
    1,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimsplace View Post
    The reason Exon/Mobil has had record profits every year for years is the investors are getting rich, not for the benefit of the average person.
    Enough, enough, enough! My family has owned Exxon stock since 1967. So hasn't a lot of people if not the stock it's self then in their 401K's or index funds, etc, etc. WE ARE NOT EVIL. WE ARE EVERYDAY PEOPLE WHO DID WHAT WE WERE ADVISED TO BACK WHEN THIS COUNTRY MEANT SOMETHING AND YOU INVESTED IN IT AND IN YOUR OWN FUTURE. Also Exxon is nothing in the oil market. They don't set prices they just sell to the market at a market set price. When things are good they make money (yes evil money) but when oil drops to prices like this your state is more likely making more in taxes then Exxon is making per gallon. The reason they make billions is because they are selling billions of gallons of product and to be totally honest if it wasn't for their credit card business and the mini marts most gas stations would have been out of business a long time ago with their hundreds plus thousands of jobs.
    Also keep in mind if not for American oil and gas companies we are at the mercy of other nations. Just look at the middle east trying to bleed us dry during a 6 year long slow market with $100+ oil along with Obama has tried to make coal, gas and oil so expensive that we would stop driving, put up windmill and change our ways has all kind of back fired. Making it harder and more expensive has just woke us up on how to do it better and cheaper and right here at home. So now Obama and the rest of the world (Opec) knows that we now know how high the cap is before we will do it for ourselves.
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1966 Donzi 16
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

  10. #9
    Icy
    Icy is offline
    Boatless Member :( Icy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    AV, CA
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    I'm not well diversified in my investments (I know I should be, but I can't get excited about other industries) and a large percentage is in oil companies. I read about the industry every single day. I don't work in it like some people here, but I feel like I have a decent understanding. I don't blame Obama for the decrease in price at all. He wouldn't even be capable of achieving that, ever.

    Go find a US oil production chart, and let that sink in for a little bit and consider what the result will be when certain players refuse to give up market share at any cost.

  11. #10
    Urban Cougar Trapper Gopher711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sandia,Tx. 78383
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Sad part is 80% of folks think it just pertains to prices at the pump , gasoline and diesel fuels itself , What they DONT know is that barrel of oil makes , plastics , pharmaceuticals, roofing ,roads ...etc etc .etc....down to treating building lumber to paints ...
    So , anyone in housing construction, plumbing,AC work , on down the line are also eventually affected too ! It may not be the swift kick in the ass like us oilfield workers get , but it is coming to a town near you . Anyone who scoffs at the big oil companies and think they just rack up piles of cash have no idea what it costs to drill and produce one . Last well we cleaned out after a frac had 42 perforating stages .....that's at a million dollars a zone to frac =42million JUST to Frac not including all the drilling ang final production expenses
    http://oathkeepers.org
    Due to the fact that GOD limited mans intelligence , it's unfortunate he did not also limit his Stupidity !!!

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gopher711 View Post
    Sad part is 80% of folks think it just pertains to prices at the pump , gasoline and diesel fuels itself , What they DONT know is that barrel of oil makes , plastics , pharmaceuticals, roofing ,roads ...etc etc .etc....down to treating building lumber to paints ...
    So , anyone in housing construction, plumbing,AC work , on down the line are also eventually affected too ! It may not be the swift kick in the ass like us oilfield workers get , but it is coming to a town near you . Anyone who scoffs at the big oil companies and think they just rack up piles of cash have no idea what it costs to drill and produce one . Last well we cleaned out after a frac had 42 perforating stages .....that's at a million dollars a zone to frac =42million JUST to Frac not including all the drilling ang final production expenses
    You're right, oil does makes all of those products. However, when the raw material costs less, it's better for everyone except the producer of oil. If the lower price gets passed on, there are lower transportation costs, lower product costs and people buy more, resulting in more jobs elsewhere.
    Not that long ago when the oil prices skyrocketed, jobs were lost because the little guy couldn't afford to operate or ship products and the average consumer couldn't afford the cost.
    Those jobs were in the plastics , pharmaceuticals, roofing ,roads ...etc etc .etc....down to treating building lumber to paints, housing construction, plumbing AC industries, and don't forget UPS/FEDEX and trucking. We still have fuel sur charges by UPS/FEDEX and the airlines from those days.

    I don't scoff at the big oil companies, it's a business. And, yes they have racked up piles of cash, that's how they have reported record profits every year for as long as I can remember.
    Those record profits were used to buy our politician that we have today.

    I also have investments in the oil industry because they did continually make money, but my investment is diversified as I was advised to do.
    I'll save more money with lower oil costs, than I would have made from the oil investment and not cry about it.

    It's economics 101, supply and demand.
    There is an excess of supply, so the price goes down.
    Why should we continually produce more than we need?

  13. #12
    83 Crusader - 468 BBC SNiC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,524

    Default


    The only reason oil prices are dropping can be laid at the feet of American ingenuity, pride and the will of the American work force. I am amazed that peeps are getting upset because the price of gas in now below $2..... Unfuckin believable!

    Not to be taken lightly, but the only adverse effects on our nation will be on those individuals who work in the petroleum industry. "Drill baby Drill" and we did, fact is, the OPEC countries can do it cheaper. Yep, they have been rapping us for the past several years and thanks to good ol' American ingenuity, we called their hand...... and forced them to fold. Job Well Done!

    It is a shame that our Nation's employment situation is so depressed that when the best economic news in years finally hits the airways, peeps are upset because a "few" may loose their jobs. I guarantee more jobs will be created than lost due to the release of this long held strangle hold on our economy. THESE LOWER PRICES WILL EFFECT THE COST OF EVERYTHING! I like cheaper

    As far as Obama being responsible for this economic breath of fresh air...... not a chance. He has fought the oil industry kicking and screaming trying to avoid this very outcome.

    To all of those hard working individuals working in America's oil industry, Good Job and THANKS! We all be better for your efforts and OPEC now knows, we Americans can turn on the "flow" at any time.
    Last edited by SNiC; 01-18-2015 at 07:54 AM.



  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNiC View Post

    The only reason oil prices are dropping can be laid at the feet of American ingenuity, pride and the will of the American work force. I am amazed that peeps are getting upset because the price of gas in now below $2..... Unfuckin believable!

    Not to be taken lightly, but the only adverse effects on our nation will be on those individuals who work in the petroleum industry. "Drill baby Drill" and we did, fact is, the OPEC countries can do it cheaper. Yep, they have been rapping us for the past several years and thanks to good ol' American ingenuity, we called their hand...... and forced them to fold. Job Well Done!

    It is a shame that our Nation's employment situation is so depressed that when the best economic news in years finally hits the airways, peeps are upset because a "few" may loose their jobs. I guarantee more jobs will be created than lost due to the release of this long held strangle hold on our economy. THESE LOWER PRICES WILL EFFECT THE COST OF EVERYTHING! I like cheaper

    As far as Obama being responsible for this economic breath of fresh air...... not a chance. He has fought the oil industry kicking and screaming trying to avoid this very outcome.

    To all of those hard working individuals working in America's oil industry, Good Job and THANKS! We all be better for your efforts and OPEC now knows, we Americans can turn on the "flow" at any time.
    x2....!!!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	obamawinkingap.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	673282

    Popcorn is Life ...

  15. #14
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimsplace View Post
    This has nothing to do with who's in office, and if it did, the house and senate are controlled by Republicans.

    So, the answer to US problems would be higher oil prices?
    For me, that means higher cost of gasoline. And how does that benefit me?
    Higher oil prices means the oil investors make more money, and how does that benefit you or me, it doesn't unless you invest in oil.
    It takes a certain amount of man hours to produce gasoline and oil products, and as long as there is a demand, those products will continue to be supplied.
    There may be less drilling, but that is a small portion of the equation, and there is no shortage of petroleum products.

    The reason Exon/Mobil has had record profits every year for years is the investors are getting rich, not for the benefit of the average person.
    They are making money at the current prices or they would discontinue producing and they don't. The difference between the current prices and the inflated prices for the past years is money that went into the super-rich pockets.

    So tell me how artificially inflated oil prices will help most of us?
    You won't hear me crying.
    And the "me's" have it. Typical.

    It will hurt the oil field workers for one. And Obama hasn't done one damn thing to ease oil prices. But he is damn fine with these low prices if they hurt our economy. It is his kin folk over in North Africa causing this latest drop in oil prices. They planned this and are trying to kill private shale production. Then after that goes, bump the prices back up.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95