ACA, what a joke
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 16

Thread:
ACA, what a joke

  1. #1
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Thumbs down ACA, what a joke

    "Affordable Care Act"? What the hell is affordable about it? As you most know I am self employed. I am trying to grow but only have one employee as of now. As a perk I pay for his health insurance. Because of his age it is already a bit high, but in January it is going up by almost FOUR TIMES.... WTF??? Mine hasn't done it yet (same company), but I am sure it is coming.

    Thanks liberals. No seriously all you Obama supporting liberals can go to hell.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the garage working on the boat in Utah, United States
    Posts
    7,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    "Affordable Care Act"? What the hell is affordable about it? As you most know I am self employed. I am trying to grow but only have one employee as of now. As a perk I pay for his health insurance. Because of his age it is already a bit high, but in January it is going up by almost FOUR TIMES.... WTF??? Mine hasn't done it yet (same company), but I am sure it is coming.

    Thanks liberals. No seriously all you Obama supporting liberals can go to hell.
    This is prime example of why businesses are not expanding. There are some really terrible rules and taxes coming out over the next few years. Businesses know this and are holding onto their money. The taxes on healthcare is stifling. Our company will pay the taxes for the employees because they were forced into paying it for the unions. This is in the millions of dollars. This means no raises and no new hires. We had plans to expand a few years ago, but that was shelved and looks to be on hold indefinitely. That being said, we have expanded in other countries. That's where we're most profitable.

  4. #3
    83 Crusader - 468 BBC SNiC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    This is prime example of why businesses are not expanding. There are some really terrible rules and taxes coming out over the next few years. Businesses know this and are holding onto their money. The taxes on healthcare is stifling. Our company will pay the taxes for the employees because they were forced into paying it for the unions. This is in the millions of dollars. This means no raises and no new hires. We had plans to expand a few years ago, but that was shelved and looks to be on hold indefinitely. That being said, we have expanded in other countries. That's where we're most profitable.
    A close personal friend owns one of Alabama's largest boat dealerships. Since 2010 he has been wanting to expand to a near by city and has $2M+ to invest. He will employ dozens in his daily operations. There is only one thing stopping him......ACA! He simply can not afford ACA premiums nor the associated penalties for not providing. If the GOP wins this election, the ground breaking ceremony will soon follow.

    Now Libs can say what ever they want in ACA's defense, but I know the above statement is based on FACTS derived form personal observations.



  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNiC View Post
    A close personal friend owns one of Alabama's largest boat dealerships. Since 2010 he has been wanting to expand to a near by city and has $2M+ to invest. He will employ dozens in his daily operations. There is only one thing stopping him......ACA! He simply can not afford ACA premiums nor the associated penalties for not providing. If the GOP wins this election, the ground breaking ceremony will soon follow.

    Now Libs can say what ever they want in ACA's defense, but I know the above statement is based on FACTS derived form personal observations.

    You can say what you want, but if he was wanting to do the dealership in 2010, what reason did he use then for not doing it then?
    From the looks of things, it looks like he will need to wait at least another 8 years.

    Well, unless the Republicans continue their tactics preventing certain people from voting, like closing all of the Drivers License offices located in black areas and still requiring voters to have photo ID's.
    They recently were forced into opening the offices for (1) day a month now.
    I guess that's the Republican way of having a Democracy with selective voters.

    The Republican politicians should be so proud of themselves.

  6. #5
    83 Crusader - 468 BBC SNiC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimsplace View Post
    You can say what you want, but if he was wanting to do the dealership in 2010, what reason did he use then for not doing it then?
    ACA passed March 23rd, 2010. (3rd month of the year....he had 8 months to realize ACA would bankrupt his company)

    Sorry Jim, but in your failure to defend the ACA, as you attempted to change the "uncomfortable" topic, the remainder of your post is unfounded Liberal bullshit and not worthy of a response.

    I know you really aren't this stupid Jim...... but your desperate "last ditch" efforts for a Liberal "save" are pitiful.... even for you.
    Last edited by SNiC; 10-26-2015 at 06:32 PM.



  7. #6
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimsplace View Post
    Well, unless the Republicans continue their tactics preventing certain people from voting, like closing all of the Drivers License offices located in black areas and still requiring voters to have photo ID's.
    They recently were forced into opening the offices for (1) day a month now.
    I guess that's the Republican way of having a Democracy with selective voters.

    The Republican politicians should be so proud of themselves.
    OMG (oh my God)!!!! Republicans did this? Why? Because the Democrats squandered all the money, YA THINK!!! SMH (shake my head) Proof, links... You said it? Prove it.

    PC is personal computer when we are discussing politics... I still LMMFAO (laugh my mother fucking ass off) about that. DOLT!!!
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  8. #7
    83 Crusader - 468 BBC SNiC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    OMG (oh my God)!!!! Republicans did this? Why? Because the Democrats squandered all the money, YA THINK!!! SMH (shake my head) Proof, links...
    Thanks Forkin! You nicely summed up these Alabama budget shortfalls. My "drivers license" office was also closed and state parks and so forth are being forced to close as well.....



  9. #8
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    It has proven to be a catastrophe in every possible way! Only those subsidized received any benefits. That was O's plan all along and now the exchanges are failing across the nation.

    A Third of Obamacare Co-Ops Shut Down | Foundation for Economic Education

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ocare failing.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	810026
    The best things in life aren't things!

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNiC View Post
    Thanks Forkin! You nicely summed up these Alabama budget shortfalls. My "drivers license" office was also closed and state parks and so forth are being forced to close as well.....


    Alabama is a Republican run state and you still somehow blame the Democrats.
    As you said to me, I think you're smarter than that.

    FC is from a Republican run state and they're not any better off.
    Kansas is so far in the red because of the conservative movement it's pathetic.
    The list is long.

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNiC View Post
    ACA passed March 23rd, 2010. (3rd month of the year....he had 8 months to realize ACA would bankrupt his company)

    Sorry Jim, but in your failure to defend the ACA, as you attempted to change the "uncomfortable" topic, the remainder of your post is unfounded Liberal bullshit and not worthy of a response.

    I know you really aren't this stupid Jim...... but your desperate "last ditch" efforts for a Liberal "save" are pitiful.... even for you.

    You say, "He had 8 months to realize ACA would bankrupt his company". The ACA didn't go into effect until 2-3 years after it was signed.
    So, I don't buy it.
    I'm not there and don't know your friend, but it seems like many companies have survived these horrible times and made money.
    If he didn't start the company, whatever he did or didn't do can only be speculation on your part, and perhaps he could have prospered like many companies.
    Perhaps you don't know the whole story.
    If you hadn't noticed the stock market has done well since 2010, and those are businesses of all types.
    Perhaps your friend missed the boat, so to speak.
    You don't know.
    You are going to believe the worst, and thats your right.

    Historically, the market has done much better under the Democrats than the Republicans, and that's a true fact.

    I've said it before, Whether it is the ACA or something else, our country doesn't live up to what we call the greatest Country in the world without something.
    I assume you call yourself a Christian. But, I don't understand how, if you're not willing to sacrifice a little to help others that need it so much.

  12. #11
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default Not until recently.......

    Quote Originally Posted by jimsplace View Post

    Alabama is a Republican run state and you still somehow blame the Democrats.
    As you said to me, I think you're smarter than that.

    FC is from a Republican run state and they're not any better off.
    Kansas is so far in the red because of the conservative movement it's pathetic.
    The list is long.
    We were demoncrap. Gov Edwin Edwards (a convicted felon that served time) ruled for years and ran a high tab. Then you have Blankoooo, that lost her shit during hurricane Katrina... Along with US Senator Mary Landrieu that said she could just slap President Bush for his non effort in the event... All along it was proven that he was in contact with Gov Kathleen Blanco, and she never responded to him to ask for federal help until it was too late (as gov, that was her responsibility)! Not to mention the "in your pocket" (another idiom) New Orleans liberals that squandered the money on BS instead of levees like they were suppose to. So you had the flood....

    Gov Bobby Jindal? I don't like him. He was a Gov Mike Foster plant. Hopefully US Sen Vitter will get in. He's in the run-off!
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    We were demoncrap. Gov Edwin Edwards (a convicted felon that served time) ruled for years and ran a high tab. Then you have Blankoooo, that lost her shit during hurricane Katrina... Along with US Senator Mary Landrieu that said she could just slap President Bush for his non effort in the event... All along it was proven that he was in contact with Gov Kathleen Blanco, and she never responded to him to ask for federal help until it was too late (as gov, that was her responsibility)! Not to mention the "in your pocket" (another idiom) New Orleans liberals that squandered the money on BS instead of levees like they were suppose to. So you had the flood....

    Gov Bobby Jindal? I don't like him. He was a Gov Mike Foster plant. Hopefully US Sen Vitter will get in. He's in the run-off!
    Why would a Senator want to be a Governor?

  14. #13
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimsplace View Post
    Why would a Senator want to be a Governor?
    I don't know...? Maybe he honestly cares about the welfare of the state he's from and lives in. Because the past and current leadership has been sub-par.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  15. #14
    83 Crusader - 468 BBC SNiC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimsplace View Post

    You say, "He had 8 months to realize ACA would bankrupt his company". The ACA didn't go into effect until 2-3 years after it was signed.
    So, I don't buy it.
    I'm not there and don't know your friend, but it seems like many companies have survived these horrible times and made money.
    If he didn't start the company, whatever he did or didn't do can only be speculation on your part, and perhaps he could have prospered like many companies.
    Perhaps you don't know the whole story.
    If you hadn't noticed the stock market has done well since 2010, and those are businesses of all types.
    Perhaps your friend missed the boat, so to speak.
    You don't know.
    You are going to believe the worst, and thats your right.

    Historically, the market has done much better under the Democrats than the Republicans, and that's a true fact.

    I've said it before, Whether it is the ACA or something else, our country doesn't live up to what we call the greatest Country in the world without something.
    I assume you call yourself a Christian. But, I don't understand how, if you're not willing to sacrifice a little to help others that need it so much.

    I have better things to do than watch you perpetually chase your Liberal "tail of tails".
    However, as amusing as you are, I sit back and smile at your antics and "roll my eyes" as you foolishly expect me join in and do the same. Enjoy!


    Last edited by SNiC; 10-27-2015 at 07:50 AM.



+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95