Texas makes 45
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 42

Thread:
Texas makes 45

  1. #1
    Senior Member bville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, KY
    Posts
    1,688

    Default Texas makes 45

    Texas makes 45 states that have some form of open carry in the country.On Jan 1 Texas will have a permitted open carry leaving only 5 states that don't.That would be CA IL,,NY,SC,and FL.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member jetjunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Diamond Bar, Big River
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    nice..... makes that state all the more attractive as a replacement for kali. now if we could do something about those damed tornadoes. I hope you and yours were clear of the destruction. I feel deeply for those that weren't. unfathomable. Happy New Year.

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bville View Post
    Texas makes 45 states that have some form of open carry in the country.On Jan 1 Texas will have a permitted open carry leaving only 5 states that don't.That would be CA IL,,NY,SC,and FL.
    Will you explain why you think open carry is a good idea? I don't think it is.

    Honestly, if I go into a restaurant or any other store, I don't want to see people I don't know carrying guns openly.
    One of the problems I see, is if someone is, say at a parade with lots of people there is nothing anyone can do until they pull the gun or guns out and start shooting.
    They can't even be asked if they have a permit until the gun is out.

    It's also an invitation for thugs to see someone with an open gun, to walk up behind them and forcibly take the gun. At least if it's concealed, it not an open invitation to steal the gun.
    It's like walking around with $400 or more in plain sight, daring someone to take it.

    There are also to many nuts with guns that are hot headed or mentally unstable, and carrying a gun just adds to what is already a bad situation.
    In the long run, there will be a backlash when more shootings occur, and that will be bad for everyone who has guns.
    Laws get passed regulating guns now due to acts that are unrelated to the reason or who did the shootings and more shooting will only make it worse.

    I'm not against guns and shooting, I've been a target shooter my entire life.
    I don't understand a need to openly carry a gun that will make the majority of people either very nervous or downright scared in a populated area.
    If more people get scared there will be more organized opposition to guns as a whole, many people object to all guns already.
    This will only increase that number.

    How many of you feel it's necessary to openly carry a gun in a populated area?

  5. #4
    Urban Cougar Trapper Gopher711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sandia,Tx. 78383
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimsplace View Post
    Will you explain why you think open carry is a good idea? I don't think it is.

    Honestly, if I go into a restaurant or any other store, I don't want to see people I don't know carrying guns openly.
    One of the problems I see, is if someone is, say at a parade with lots of people there is nothing anyone can do until they pull the gun or guns out and start shooting.
    They can't even be asked if they have a permit until the gun is out.

    It's also an invitation for thugs to see someone with an open gun, to walk up behind them and forcibly take the gun. At least if it's concealed, it not an open invitation to steal the gun.
    It's like walking around with $400 or more in plain sight, daring someone to take it.

    There are also to many nuts with guns that are hot headed or mentally unstable, and carrying a gun just adds to what is already a bad situation.
    In the long run, there will be a backlash when more shootings occur, and that will be bad for everyone who has guns.
    Laws get passed regulating guns now due to acts that are unrelated to the reason or who did the shootings and more shooting will only make it worse.

    I'm not against guns and shooting, I've been a target shooter my entire life.
    I don't understand a need to openly carry a gun that will make the majority of people either very nervous or downright scared in a populated area.
    If more people get scared there will be more organized opposition to guns as a whole, many people object to all guns already.
    This will only increase that number.

    How many of you feel it's necessary to openly carry a gun in a populated area?
    Because it says I can in the 2nd Admendment
    http://oathkeepers.org
    Due to the fact that GOD limited mans intelligence , it's unfortunate he did not also limit his Stupidity !!!

  6. #5
    Senior Member LiquidDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Acton, Ca
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    It worked for the Rifleman...he and his son are still alive...lol
    Originally Posted by gn7 "Stick to making the worlds best engine stand."

  7. #6
    Bah... HST4ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimsplace View Post
    Will you explain why you think open carry is a good idea? I don't think it is.

    Honestly, if I go into a restaurant or any other store, I don't want to see people I don't know carrying guns openly.
    One of the problems I see, is if someone is, say at a parade with lots of people there is nothing anyone can do until they pull the gun or guns out and start shooting.
    They can't even be asked if they have a permit until the gun is out.

    It's also an invitation for thugs to see someone with an open gun, to walk up behind them and forcibly take the gun. At least if it's concealed, it not an open invitation to steal the gun.
    It's like walking around with $400 or more in plain sight, daring someone to take it.

    There are also to many nuts with guns that are hot headed or mentally unstable, and carrying a gun just adds to what is already a bad situation.
    In the long run, there will be a backlash when more shootings occur, and that will be bad for everyone who has guns.
    Laws get passed regulating guns now due to acts that are unrelated to the reason or who did the shootings and more shooting will only make it worse.

    I'm not against guns and shooting, I've been a target shooter my entire life.
    I don't understand a need to openly carry a gun that will make the majority of people either very nervous or downright scared in a populated area.
    If more people get scared there will be more organized opposition to guns as a whole, many people object to all guns already.
    This will only increase that number.

    How many of you feel it's necessary to openly carry a gun in a populated area?

    Do you live in Texas?

  8. #7
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    In the long run, there will be a backlash when more shootings occur, and that will be bad for everyone who has guns.
    Laws get passed regulating guns now due to acts that are unrelated to the reason or who did the shootings and more shooting will only make it worse.
    More regurgitation of the liberal narrative. BTW (by the way) this is a false statement proven false by our own government studies, but it grossly ignored by the left. Just as they do most facts that don't meet their liberal agenda.

    And what you say about being a shooter, etc, I bet that is a lie also. Why would you otherwise support politicians that are for disarming the public?

    LIAR, LIAR, LIAR!!!
    Last edited by Forkin' Crazy; 01-01-2016 at 11:27 AM.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gopher711 View Post
    Because it says I can in the 2nd Admendment
    Sort of, it does. In United States v. Cruikshank (1876), the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that, "The right to bear arms is not granted by the Constitution; neither is it in any manner dependent upon that instrument for its existence" and limited the applicability of the Second Amendment to the federal government.[9] In United States v. Miller (1939), the Supreme Court ruled that the federal government and the states could limit any weapon types not having a "reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia"

    I assume you're not part of a "well regulated militia".

    Back to the original question, do you think you will carry a weapon openly in a public or a crowded situation?
    Do you think it's a good idea?

    It's sort of a catch 22 issue, as I see it.
    You are prohibited from carrying an open gun into Federal or most State facilities, but the legislators seemed to think it's OK to openly Carry in Wal-Mart.
    I wonder why that is?

  10. #9
    Urban Cougar Trapper Gopher711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sandia,Tx. 78383
    Posts
    976

    Default

    If you consider OathKeepers a militia ? Then yes I'm a member ....
    i like to think of myself as a one man army though ....Rambo and Walker call me when they are in trouble
    Seriously , I believe it's every persons right to carry and defend themselves ...goes back to when cavemen carried clubs and Indians carried knives and Bows ...
    open carry is no big deal as most I know including myself will not be open carrying in hostile environments where the possibility of conflicts is present ...
    Its nice for me , I live out in the boonies and pain in the ass to conceal every time I get out of vehicle ....

    http://oathkeepers.org
    Due to the fact that GOD limited mans intelligence , it's unfortunate he did not also limit his Stupidity !!!

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    More regurgitation of the liberal narrative. BTW (by the way) this is a false statement proven false by our own government studies, but it grossly ignored by the left. Just as they do most facts that don't meet their liberal agenda.

    And what you say about being a shooter, etc, I bet that is a lie also. Why would you otherwise support politicians that are for disarming the public.

    LIAR, LIAR, LIAR!!!

    What I posted is not false and if you weren't so dense you'd know it's true.
    Most of the recent regulation against guns are passed due to some type of shooting, and the laws passed as a result of that shooting would not have prevented the shooting that occured.
    If you had an ounce of brain, you'd know that.

    You say, "And what you say about being a shooter, etc, I bet that is a lie also."
    OK big mouth, I'll take you up on that bet. How much can you afford to lose?

    YOU'RE SUCH A JERK.

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidDan View Post
    It worked for the Rifleman...he and his son are still alive...lol
    The RIFLEMAN was one of my favorite shows.
    I don't want to mess up your NEW YEAR, but Chuck Conners (The Rifleman) died in '92.
    SORRY
    Last edited by jimsplace; 01-01-2016 at 01:30 PM.

  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gopher711 View Post
    If you consider OathKeepers a militia ? Then yes I'm a member ....
    i like to think of myself as a one man army though ....Rambo and Walker call me when they are in trouble
    Seriously , I believe it's every persons right to carry and defend themselves ...goes back to when cavemen carried clubs and Indians carried knives and Bows ...
    open carry is no big deal as most I know including myself will not be open carrying in hostile environments where the possibility of conflicts is present ...
    Its nice for me , I live out in the boonies and pain in the ass to conceal every time I get out of vehicle ....

    OK, fair enough.

    When ones in the country there are many times having a weapon available is necessary and practical.
    But, as far as I know that has always been acceptable or at least in most places.

    It's in densely populated areas like cities or towns that I have a problem with the open carry.
    I see it as another way for anti-gun people to use as a rallying point to pass more restrictions and regulations and attract moderates to join in restricting guns even more.
    While I object to many of the recent laws for why they were passed, I would support restrictions on open guns in town.
    There are far to many macho, hot headed and or unstable individuals out there, and it only takes one or two foolish shootings that will give people a reason to ban guns.
    With the new laws passed, even College students can openly cary guns on Campus.
    I fail to see the need or logic in that.

    I'm concerned that gun activists may have won this battle, but the result will end up losing the battle for gun rights as we know them.

  14. #13
    Senior Member Boat 405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,732

    Default

    It comes down to if you believe in free will. People are capable of anything. If some wacko is hell bent on killing people. He will. Chances are if people can fight back. They will. Jimsplace assumes all people with guns are dangerous. Most people I know that have or own firearms are very responsible and a damn good shot. But you'd never know many even know how to handle a gun. Ignorance is the downfall of many. Think it won't or can't happen in your neighborhood? It's possible anywhere as the events of 2015 have showed us.

    To me the guy yelling and screaming and brandishing a firearm. Isn't what I worry about about, the guy I worry about is the quiet kid in the corner secretly plotting to kill his fellow school mates.
    Boat 405.

  15. #14
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Well, if you look at the stats, in the past 25 yrs gun ownership and jumped by leap and bounds while violent crime has been dropping. If you see something wrong with more guns, something is wrong with you.

    And I think it should be legal to carry open or concealed legally without permit nation wide.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95