Fox fired Bill O'Reilly because...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 22

Thread:
Fox fired Bill O'Reilly because...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,359

    Default Fox fired Bill O'Reilly because...

    So for years, Bill O'Reilly has been one of the main voices of the "New Conservative movement"......And for years he has outraged people with some of his rhetoric.....And had numerous lawsuits against him, yet Fox never even considered firing him......UNTIL, in February 2017, he stated, on air, that "Putin is a killer!"...Immediately, there were calls from the Russians to have him fired, and demanding an apology......Less than 2 months later, O'Reilly was fired....

    I know you guys don't believe me when I say that Fox news is compromised (Fox is run by Rupert Murdoch(An Australian), who is best friends with Vladimir Putin) but will you at least watch what they are telling you? I am not questioning your political opinions, I am just saying, question Fox news.....

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member bville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, KY
    Posts
    1,687

    Default

    This coming from a person who admits he gets his news from the lamestream media.

  4. #3
    Senior Member az_mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cvxjet View Post
    So for years, Bill O'Reilly has been one of the main voices of the "New Conservative movement"......And for years he has outraged people with some of his rhetoric.....And had numerous lawsuits against him, yet Fox never even considered firing him......UNTIL, in February 2017, he stated, on air, that "Putin is a killer!"...Immediately, there were calls from the Russians to have him fired, and demanding an apology......Less than 2 months later, O'Reilly was fired....

    I know you guys don't believe me when I say that Fox news is compromised (Fox is run by Rupert Murdoch(An Australian), who is best friends with Vladimir Putin) but will you at least watch what they are telling you? I am not questioning your political opinions, I am just saying, question Fox news.....
    they are ALL slanted...unfortunately because the viewing public has demanded it.. and MSM has just gone along for the ratings.. it seems most people these days only want to hear what supports their agenda, but think THEIR source is perfect. Don’t think Fox is all slanted but CNN is somehow above the fray (or visa versa)..What I find most shameful though is that the ONE profession (journalism) that is supposed to remain impartial has abused the public’s trust to promote unchecked propaganda or worse, just flat out lie... and yet still call it “news”, which the gullible (like Joy Behar) immediately run with as if it is gospel because a “investigative news reporter” said it! It’s bad enough news stories are flooded with spelling and grammatical errors but also incorrect dates, locations, names etc. as if Helen Keller is their editor...now it’s actually done on purpose! So arrogant and disrespectful how lazy they’ve become.

    the only way to get even CLOSE to the real story is to read/listen to all the slanted lies on both sides and then somehow piece together your own opinion out of all the trash...
    Last edited by az_mike; 12-07-2017 at 06:06 PM.

  5. #4
    a.k.a. "Mean Pair" Nice Pair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I want out of Kalifornia
    Posts
    5,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by az_mike View Post
    they are ALL slanted...unfortunately because the viewing public has demanded it.. and MSM has just gone along for the ratings.. it seems most people these days only want to hear what supports their agenda, but think THEIR source is perfect. Don’t think Fox is all slanted but CNN is somehow above the fray (or visa versa)..What I find most shameful though is that the ONE profession (journalism) that is supposed to remain impartial has abused the public’s trust to promote unchecked propaganda or worse, just flat out lie... and yet still call it “news”, which the gullible (like Joy Beher) immediately run with as if it is gospel because a “investigative news reporter” said it! It’s bad enough news stories are flooded with spelling and grammatical errors but also incorrect dates, locations, names etc. as if Helen Keller is their editor...now it’s actually done on purpose! So arrogant and disrespectful how lazy they’ve become.

    the only way to get even CLOSE to the real story is to read/listen to all the slanted lies on both sides and then somehow piece together your own opinion out of all the trash...

    Name:  60499_601727546504359_1216075649_n.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  4.7 KB



  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by az_mike View Post
    they are ALL slanted...
    the only way to get even CLOSE to the real story is to read/listen to all the slanted lies on both sides and then somehow piece together your own opinion out of all the trash...
    Thank you Az_mike! Good post..... I try to always question stuff- Especially bizarre claims....Then take it and dig around for the......"Facts"....But it is hard to do....

    We pride ourselves on being "Propaganda immune" because we learned from the horrible disaster that was Nazi Germany; We state, "We know better now!" and walk around claiming that nobody could influence us......BUT! As we get more "wise"....so do propagandists......

  7. #6
    Senior Member az_mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cvxjet View Post
    Thank you Az_mike! Good post..... I try to always question stuff- Especially bizarre claims....Then take it and dig around for the......"Facts"....But it is hard to do....

    We pride ourselves on being "Propaganda immune" because we learned from the horrible disaster that was Nazi Germany; We state, "We know better now!" and walk around claiming that nobody could influence us......BUT! As we get more "wise"....so do propagandists......
    Exactly... gone are the days of “nothing but the facts, m’am!” as arrogant “we know better than you what is best” journalists misinterpret their privilege to be in the spotlight as an anointed right to lace their “news” with commentary and word choices meant to set up the reaction they are looking for with the GOAL of influencing the viewer.

    instead of reporting “the president spoke today about...” they’ll say “trump stumbled again as he...” or focus their story on only one side of an event and forget the opposing view, but then incredulously crow about freedom of the press and their right to question public figures when their “questions” are anything but....

    kind of of like all the NFL protestors, a lot of viewers have had enough and as a result the credibility of what USED to be one of the shining hallmarks of our free society has been needlessly squandered by a profession that has grown too big for their britches.
    Last edited by az_mike; 12-07-2017 at 07:06 PM.

  8. #7
    Senior Member port austin pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Granite Bay Ca.
    Posts
    381

    Default posts

    Quote Originally Posted by az_mike View Post
    Exactly... gone are the days of “nothing but the facts, m’am!” as arrogant “we know better than you what is best” journalists misinterpret their privilege to be in the spotlight as an anointed right to lace their “news” with commentary and word choices meant to set up the reaction they are looking for with the GOAL of influencing the viewer.

    instead of reporting “the president spoke today about...” they’ll say “trump stumbled again as he...” or focus their story on only one side of an event and forget the opposing view, but then incredulously crow about freedom of the press and their right to question public figures when their “questions” are anything but....

    kind of of like all the NFL protestors, a lot of viewers have had enough and as a result the credibility of what USED to be one of the shining hallmarks of our free society has been needlessly squandered by a profession that has grown too big for their britches.
    Two excellent posts Mike both very well put

  9. #8
    83 Crusader - 468 BBC SNiC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cvxjet View Post
    So for years, Bill O'Reilly has been one of the main voices of the "New Conservative movement"......And for years he has outraged people with some of his rhetoric.....And had numerous lawsuits against him, yet Fox never even considered firing him......UNTIL, in February 2017, he stated, on air, that "Putin is a killer!"...Immediately, there were calls from the Russians to have him fired, and demanding an apology......Less than 2 months later, O'Reilly was fired....

    I know you guys don't believe me when I say that Fox news is compromised (Fox is run by Rupert Murdoch(An Australian), who is best friends with Vladimir Putin) but will you at least watch what they are telling you? I am not questioning your political opinions, I am just saying, question Fox news.....
    OK....help me out. Please point to some specific reports that FOX has presented that is in your opinion not true and Russian promoted propaganda?



  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,359

    Default

    Ok.....#1) Vladimir Putin is a good christian! (B........S! Has had numerous people around the world assassinated, and gamed the russian election system to make him Dictator-for-life)
    #2) Vladimir Putin is NOT interested in taking over the world.....(He has stated on numerous occasions that the collapse of the USSR was the worst tragedy in world history, has made it clear that he wants NATO eliminated so he can intimidate Europe into doing what he wants, etc.
    #3) Hillary has murdered almost 100 people! (Yet no one can prove any of this (Is she a criminal master-mind? Or are the conservatives just complete idiots because they can't find any proof? (Yes, yes, I know- Millions of people are in a conspiracy)....
    #4) There is no Russian interference in our election!- Mueller, although previously a good conservative, has gone liberal and is in a conspriracy against Trump! (So any time a conservative doesn't do what you absolutely believe he should do, he is A)Wrong-Wrong-Wrong, and B) Has sold out to the liberals?)
    #5) There are WMDs in Iran...(OK.....I admit that Cheney started this bald-faced lie...)
    #6) The new health-care reform is going to be great- Everyone will love it! (Once again, I know, the couple of conservatives who would not vote for it are turn-coats.....But......Why did they have to keep adjusting it just to get up to the close vote they did get?)

    I am not bothered as much by the other stuff....we can argue all day long about all of it.....But the weird-azz crap about Putin being a "Good guy we can trust!" is beyond bizarre....The guy is a murderer and a megalomaniac, who is ex-KGB.....Trust him....To gut you like a fish if you get in his way! And Trump saying, "Hey, I asked him....He's seems offended by the question....And you don't want to offend Putin!".......Wow!

    Just look at the connections between Rupert Murdoch and Putin, and look at how Fox talks about Putin......The "Voice of Conservatism" saying our worst enemy is a "Great guy"?!!

  11. #10
    83 Crusader - 468 BBC SNiC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNiC
    OK....help me out. Please point to some specific reports that FOX has presented that is in your opinion not true and Russian promoted propaganda?
    Quote Originally Posted by cvxjet View Post
    Ok.....#1) Vladimir Putin is a good christian! (B........S! Has had numerous people around the world assassinated, and gamed the russian election system to make him Dictator-for-life)
    #2) Vladimir Putin is NOT interested in taking over the world.....(He has stated on numerous occasions that the collapse of the USSR was the worst tragedy in world history, has made it clear that he wants NATO eliminated so he can intimidate Europe into doing what he wants, etc.
    #3) Hillary has murdered almost 100 people! (Yet no one can prove any of this (Is she a criminal master-mind? Or are the conservatives just complete idiots because they can't find any proof? (Yes, yes, I know- Millions of people are in a conspiracy)....
    #4) There is no Russian interference in our election!- Mueller, although previously a good conservative, has gone liberal and is in a conspriracy against Trump! (So any time a conservative doesn't do what you absolutely believe he should do, he is A)Wrong-Wrong-Wrong, and B) Has sold out to the liberals?)
    #5) There are WMDs in Iran...(OK.....I admit that Cheney started this bald-faced lie...)
    #6) The new health-care reform is going to be great- Everyone will love it! (Once again, I know, the couple of conservatives who would not vote for it are turn-coats.....But......Why did they have to keep adjusting it just to get up to the close vote they did get?)

    I am not bothered as much by the other stuff....we can argue all day long about all of it.....But the weird-azz crap about Putin being a "Good guy we can trust!" is beyond bizarre....The guy is a murderer and a megalomaniac, who is ex-KGB.....Trust him....To gut you like a fish if you get in his way! And Trump saying, "Hey, I asked him....He's seems offended by the question....And you don't want to offend Putin!".......Wow!

    Just look at the connections between Rupert Murdoch and Putin, and look at how Fox talks about Putin......The "Voice of Conservatism" saying our worst enemy is a "Great guy"?!!
    We know your opinion.....We are discussing FOX's Propaganda you keep posting and warning us about.....So, let' try this again....
    When.... did.... FOX... report... any... of... the... "propaganda"... you... just... posted ...above?

    You claim and are warning us that FOX is spreading Russian propaganda......Please post just 1 Link! Thx....
    Last edited by SNiC; 12-08-2017 at 03:52 PM.



  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,359

    Default

    I admit that I am not very good at finding actual articles by Fox on this stuff.....But I can remember a bunch of stuff on Fox about the "Texas invasion" story....and yet now none of it shows....Poof! They have erased all of it, apparently....

    All I know is several of my Conservative friends started talking more and more about how "What's wrong with trusting Putin?...He's the kind of leader WE need! Too bad we can't get him to lead this country!"....When I pointed out that he had gamed the Russian system to become dictator-for-life and had had people assassinated, they denied that Putin had EVER done any of that....."He's a good Christian....No Christian would ever do those kind of things.....A man of God is completely trust-worthy!"....And when I asked where they got their info, they stated, "Where else- the only >>>HONEST<<< news source.....Fox!"

    Just look up Wendi Deng (Murdoch).....And also, come up with a reason why, after all the stuff that O'Reilly has said and done, all the lawsuits, etc....Fox fired him only right after Russia called for his firing because he stated on air, "Putin is a killer!" Why would Fox, an >>American<< news source, be worried about what Russia thinks?

  13. #12
    83 Crusader - 468 BBC SNiC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cvxjet View Post
    I admit that I am not very good at finding actual articles by Fox on this stuff.....But I can remember a bunch of stuff on Fox about the "Texas invasion" story....and yet now none of it shows....Poof! They have erased all of it, apparently....

    All I know is several of my Conservative friends started talking more and more about how "What's wrong with trusting Putin?...He's the kind of leader WE need! Too bad we can't get him to lead this country!"....When I pointed out that he had gamed the Russian system to become dictator-for-life and had had people assassinated, they denied that Putin had EVER done any of that....."He's a good Christian....No Christian would ever do those kind of things.....A man of God is completely trust-worthy!"....And when I asked where they got their info, they stated, "Where else- the only >>>HONEST<<< news source.....Fox!"

    Just look up Wendi Deng (Murdoch).....And also, come up with a reason why, after all the stuff that O'Reilly has said and done, all the lawsuits, etc....Fox fired him only right after Russia called for his firing because he stated on air, "Putin is a killer!" Why would Fox, an >>American<< news source, be worried about what Russia thinks?
    Thanks for your straight forward response
    I am beginning to see how you came to some of your conclusions. I personally learned early on that "friends" have a tendency to run their mouths with jibber jabber and talking point BS.....especially if there is alcohol in the mix Whenever I hear them say things such as you mentioned..... I try to do my own research to help prevent myself from looking foolish.... but for me, that only works about 1/2 of the time

    But, please know, I agree there may be some factual truth as to what you are saying....
    Last edited by SNiC; 12-09-2017 at 07:34 AM.



  14. #13
    Senior Member port austin pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Granite Bay Ca.
    Posts
    381

    Default Putin

    Quote Originally Posted by SNiC View Post
    Thanks for your straight forward response
    I am beginning to see how you came to some of your conclusions. I personally learned early on that "friends" have a tendency to run their mouths with jibber jabber and talking point BS.....especially if there is alcohol in the mix Whenever I hear them say things such as you mentioned..... I try to do my own research to help prevent myself from looking foolish.... but for me, that only works about 1/2 of the time

    But, please know, I agree there may be some factual truth as to what you are saying....
    I don't personally think that many people think Putin is a wonderful person, he is a strong and ruthless leader, But at this time I would think trying to work and establish a relationship with Russia is a better course of action than going back to a cold war situation. We have Iran North korea ISI El kadi who are currently strong outspoken enemies of the US,If we can work diplomatically to curb Russian aggression we should do so. Remember during world war 2 Joe Stalin was our ally, and was a brutal dictator, But the lesser of the eveils at the time. Also Kadfi. and Saddam were ruthless brutal dictators, But in both cases our decision to remove them has left both countrys in chaos and war as well as creating new radical hate groups, Just saying that because some people feel that some how Putin got Trump elected we shouldn't be trying to start a war with Russia, my two cents

  15. #14
    83 Crusader - 468 BBC SNiC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by port austin pirate View Post
    I don't personally think that many people think Putin is a wonderful person, he is a strong and ruthless leader, But at this time I would think trying to work and establish a relationship with Russia is a better course of action than going back to a cold war situation. We have Iran North korea ISI El kadi who are currently strong outspoken enemies of the US,If we can work diplomatically to curb Russian aggression we should do so. Remember during world war 2 Joe Stalin was our ally, and was a brutal dictator, But the lesser of the eveils at the time. Also Kadfi. and Saddam were ruthless brutal dictators, But in both cases our decision to remove them has left both countrys in chaos and war as well as creating new radical hate groups, Just saying that because some people feel that some how Putin got Trump elected we shouldn't be trying to start a war with Russia, my two cents
    Totally agree.......and FWIW, I do not believe Russia had any influence in our elections. They meddle in foreign elections the same as U.S.
    and I too believe you should keep your friends close.....and your enemies closer



+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95