China, Planning to become "thee" World Power?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 24

Thread:
China, Planning to become "thee" World Power?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Texas Hill Country
    Posts
    118

    Default China, Planning to become "thee" World Power?

    China has been playing the US for years. They are very clever, but as our technologies get stolen and used against us, we must stop them. Their base in the South Sea, built under the watchful eye of the pussy Hussein Opricksucker, tells you their intents are real.

    A tariff war is ok with me, I would rather pay more for a good product than the Chinese shit they sell. I think the US can survive a tariff war with China, as their are other countries we can deal with if we want cheap shit. If we want quality products, we can produce them here or buy from our allies. "You get what you pay for".

    Lets wake up! What are your solutions or opinions?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Joe View Post
    China has been playing the US for years. They are very clever, but as our technologies get stolen and used against us, we must stop them. Their base in the South Sea, built under the watchful eye of the pussy Hussein Opricksucker, tells you their intents are real.

    A tariff war is ok with me, I would rather pay more for a good product than the Chinese shit they sell. I think the US can survive a tariff war with China, as their are other countries we can deal with if we want cheap shit. If we want quality products, we can produce them here or buy from our allies. "You get what you pay for".

    Lets wake up! What are your solutions or opinions?
    Hey Joe. We don't need tariffs.
    If you want to buy quality American made products then do so. But what does it accomplish having to pay more for products due solely to absurd tariffs? If you think paying more for a product makes it better, you have a lot to learn. Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't and it doesn't make any difference where it comes from.

    In case you weren't aware, Trump has placed Tariffs on imports from our allies too.

    Now Trump is giving farmers money due to the tariffs on "SOME OF THE CROPS" but not everyone from farmers that are losing sales in China. That bailout money for the farmers will come from taxpayer money that is needed elsewhere, and why? So much for free enterprise. China will find alternate crop sources and will no longer need to buy from American farmers. How long will we support giant farm corporations with welfare for the rich?

    If you think that just because it comes from China it makes it cheap quality wise, you're wrong, not to mention there are things we don't produce.
    If China wants to help pay for what I buy, that's fine with me. Do you not think the US subsidizes American products? How often do companies get tax breaks for building plants or hiring people, or long term property tax breaks from local governments, usually subsidized by the Federal Government. That is Government subsidizing, is that unfair to other countries? Hell No, it is not.

    How does a tariff help you or your neighbor? It doesn't. It is also the most narrow vision approach possible.

    Do you really think Americans are not capable of producing products and services to compete against the world markets? If we can't, then perhaps we should be doing something else, or maybe you believe we aren't capable. There are things the US does well, just like other countries do some things well.

  4. #3
    Junior Member RAM 78 D10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Joe View Post
    China has been playing the US for years. They are very clever, but as our technologies get stolen and used against us, we must stop them. Their base in the South Sea, built under the watchful eye of the pussy Hussein Opricksucker, tells you their intents are real.

    A tariff war is ok with me, I would rather pay more for a good product than the Chinese shit they sell. I think the US can survive a tariff war with China, as their are other countries we can deal with if we want cheap shit. If we want quality products, we can produce them here or buy from our allies. "You get what you pay for".

    Lets wake up! What are your solutions or opinions?
    My opinion is fuck China. The days of appeasement are over. As far as I'm concerned, China or any other country that doesn't want to play fairly with the US can go eat a big fat dick!

  5. #4
    Junior Member RAM 78 D10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimsplace View Post
    Hey Joe. We don't need tariffs.
    If you want to buy quality American made products then do so. But what does it accomplish having to pay more for products due solely to absurd tariffs? If you think paying more for a product makes it better, you have a lot to learn. Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't and it doesn't make any difference where it comes from.

    In case you weren't aware, Trump has placed Tariffs on imports from our allies too.

    Now Trump is giving farmers money due to the tariffs on "SOME OF THE CROPS" but not everyone from farmers that are losing sales in China. That bailout money for the farmers will come from taxpayer money that is needed elsewhere, and why? So much for free enterprise. China will find alternate crop sources and will no longer need to buy from American farmers. How long will we support giant farm corporations with welfare for the rich?

    If you think that just because it comes from China it makes it cheap quality wise, you're wrong, not to mention there are things we don't produce.
    If China wants to help pay for what I buy, that's fine with me. Do you not think the US subsidizes American products? How often do companies get tax breaks for building plants or hiring people, or long term property tax breaks from local governments, usually subsidized by the Federal Government. That is Government subsidizing, is that unfair to other countries? Hell No, it is not.

    How does a tariff help you or your neighbor? It doesn't. It is also the most narrow vision approach possible.

    Do you really think Americans are not capable of producing products and services to compete against the world markets? If we can't, then perhaps we should be doing something else, or maybe you believe we aren't capable. There are things the US does well, just like other countries do some things well.
    Paying more for a product doesn't make it better but paying a fair cost for an American made product is better for our country.

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Texas Hill Country
    Posts
    118

    Default

    The OP is about China's goal to become the #1 power in the world. JP ignores or misses the point altogether because he hates Trump. The tariffs against China is to lower their tariffs to begin a more equal trade situation for the US. I believe if we do not do something about the monetary trade imbalance they will continue to use our money the achieve their goal.

    The tariffs against our allies are a beginning to reduce all tariffs, and hopefully have no tariffs at all, THAT IS REAL FREE TRADE.

    I stated I would rather pay more money for a "good" product from the US or our allies, rather than buy Chinese shit. I try to buy American where ever I can, but more and more as manufacturing in the US went away, it is hard to find many products made in the US.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RAM 78 D10 View Post
    My opinion is fuck China. The days of appeasement are over. As far as I'm concerned, China or any other country that doesn't want to play fairly with the US can go eat a big fat dick!
    I agree. If you don't like what they do, FK'M and don't buy from them. But, you seem to want to force others to do what you want.
    FK that, you do your thing and allow me to do mine. Ok?
    They have things I want, and they are not made here anyway. Ok?

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RAM 78 D10 View Post
    Paying more for a product doesn't make it better but paying a fair cost for an American made product is better for our country.
    That thinking is absurd.
    Fair cost, what is that? Do you comprehend what jobs and businesses are about? It isn't about the country, it's about making a profit or making money for ourself/themselves. The truth is, most go to work to pay their bills and enjoy life. Almost no one goes to work thinking they will work hard and provide a better product or service for their country.

    I've worked hard for my money and I prefer to get as much benefit as I possibly can with what I have. How about you?

    So how does this tariff thing make a better country? Is it because the price is now higher, or in some case overpriced.

  9. #8
    Senior Member az_mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    441

    Default

    After WW2 the US all but eliminated tariffs from worn torn countries to stimulate growth in those countries even though it unfairly increased competition against US manufacturers who often faced a tariff to sell THEIR goods back to those countries.... theory was the US (by far the strongest in trade and consumer spending ability at the time) did so partly due to humanitarian effort but more because we needed these countries to succeed (you have no one to play with if you are the only one in the sandbox).

    fast forward to today and countries such as Chin and Germany continue to rely on this lopsided trade imbalance (for example the US imports cars at near 0% tariffs from these countries, while THEY charge our companies as much as 20-30% to sell a car over there.... that’s an even greater competitive challenge when our culture in the US want these companies to pay good wages/benefits far in excess to our trade partners further decreasing profit (if any). Trump’s plan aims to level the playing field. As the US remains the largest consumer economy, we can ride out a trade war longer than our competition and they know that... why we are already seeing concessions from the EU and China. I don’t like paying more either in the short term, but if it opens markets for OUR guys to sell stuff without barriers it will continue to advance our economy and world with it.

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by az_mike View Post
    After WW2 the US all but eliminated tariffs from worn torn countries to stimulate growth in those countries even though it unfairly increased competition against US manufacturers who often faced a tariff to sell THEIR goods back to those countries.... theory was the US (by far the strongest in trade and consumer spending ability at the time) did so partly due to humanitarian effort but more because we needed these countries to succeed (you have no one to play with if you are the only one in the sandbox).

    fast forward to today and countries such as Chin and Germany continue to rely on this lopsided trade imbalance (for example the US imports cars at near 0% tariffs from these countries, while THEY charge our companies as much as 20-30% to sell a car over there.... that’s an even greater competitive challenge when our culture in the US want these companies to pay good wages/benefits far in excess to our trade partners further decreasing profit (if any). Trump’s plan aims to level the playing field. As the US remains the largest consumer economy, we can ride out a trade war longer than our competition and they know that... why we are already seeing concessions from the EU and China. I don’t like paying more either in the short term, but if it opens markets for OUR guys to sell stuff without barriers it will continue to advance our economy and world with it.
    Mike, how or why they charge more for things is not my concern, nor should it be yours. A tariff is a tax. Even most of our states have sales tax and it varies widely from near 0 to 10% when combined with local tax. Some charge tax on certain items such as groceries and others don't. Some states have high property tax and some don't, some have personal income tax and some don't. A tax is a tax and the only one penalized is the one paying it. Governments will get their revenue one way or another and without considering how China taxes for property, income, sales, services or any number of ways, that's their choice. If you consider all of the tax we pay on items, it is probably near 50% considering sales tax, income tax, property tax, fuel tax, and the list goes on.

    Just because China imposes a 20-30% tax on automobiles is not my concern. China is not a big market for GM, so what? American cars tend to be big and typically gas guzzlers compared to the rest of the world. America typically doesn't buy cars that are normal from the rest of the world because they are far smaller than we are willing to use. They are different markets. Have you purchased a new American car recently? Much of the rest of the world couldn't afford them even before tariffs.

    As far as riding out the Tariff war, China is in a much better position to ride it out than we are. Who do we borrow money from? China. They buy less from us than we do from them, so who wants who's products? Why do we buy from them? Because they have what we want, and probably for less. There have been those who claim to want "GOOD AMERICAN PRODUCTS." Well, some of those products aren't that great and some of that, "Chinese junk," isn't junk.

    Whatever happened to free trade and competition that used to be Americans slogan and what I still believe. Build a better product or sell it for less and you will have a market. Supply and demand with some regulation.
    Some people it seems want it both ways, keep government out of it, unless it benefits them.

  11. #10
    Senior Member az_mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimsplace View Post
    Mike, how or why they charge more for things is not my concern, nor should it be yours. A tariff is a tax. Even most of our states have sales tax and it varies widely from near 0 to 10% when combined with local tax. Some charge tax on certain items such as groceries and others don't. Some states have high property tax and some don't, some have personal income tax and some don't. A tax is a tax and the only one penalized is the one paying it. Governments will get their revenue one way or another and without considering how China taxes for property, income, sales, services or any number of ways, that's their choice. If you consider all of the tax we pay on items, it is probably near 50% considering sales tax, income tax, property tax, fuel tax, and the list goes on.

    Just because China imposes a 20-30% tax on automobiles is not my concern. China is not a big market for GM, so what? American cars tend to be big and typically gas guzzlers compared to the rest of the world. America typically doesn't buy cars that are normal from the rest of the world because they are far smaller than we are willing to use. They are different markets. Have you purchased a new American car recently? Much of the rest of the world couldn't afford them even before tariffs.

    As far as riding out the Tariff war, China is in a much better position to ride it out than we are. Who do we borrow money from? China. They buy less from us than we do from them, so who wants who's products? Why do we buy from them? Because they have what we want, and probably for less. There have been those who claim to want "GOOD AMERICAN PRODUCTS." Well, some of those products aren't that great and some of that, "Chinese junk," isn't junk.

    Whatever happened to free trade and competition that used to be Americans slogan and what I still believe. Build a better product or sell it for less and you will have a market. Supply and demand with some regulation.
    Some people it seems want it both ways, keep government out of it, unless it benefits them.
    I believe you are misinformed about that Jim. We can build a better product and for less than the Chinese, but we can't SELL it for less because of the tariffs they charge us that we dont (currently) charge them. However, the fact we buy far more from China than they from us is exactly the problem for them. Another 20% retalitory tariff on our goods barely makes a dent in our manufacturing when we can't compete in their lopsided market to begin with. On the other hand, a slow in demand for Chinese products here in the US hits them harder than they'd like. Free trade isnt free trade if one side unfairly imposes a tariff and we don't. That's what we are trying to change, or we are headed towards just being a consumer economy without the ability to market OUR products FAIRLY overseas... As for China not wanting our 'gas guzzling trucks", have you seen what our manufacturers sell overseas? Cars that dont look anything like the ones over here, just as I doubt Nissan Titan pickups are a huge hit in Japan. Imagine what GM could do in the US with technology funded by a meaningful tariff-free entrance into a market where a different type of car was desired? Everyone keeps talking about a "global economy" and how we need to erase borders, but the dirty secret is that much of the world has enjoyed a protectionist advantage since before most of us were born. I'm in complete agreement with you that we should ALL be able to trade with each other with zero tariffs or other charges, but unfortunately, that isnt the case.

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by az_mike View Post
    I believe you are misinformed about that Jim. We can build a better product and for less than the Chinese, but we can't SELL it for less because of the tariffs they charge us that we dont (currently) charge them. However, the fact we buy far more from China than they from us is exactly the problem for them. Another 20% retalitory tariff on our goods barely makes a dent in our manufacturing when we can't compete in their lopsided market to begin with. On the other hand, a slow in demand for Chinese products here in the US hits them harder than they'd like. Free trade isnt free trade if one side unfairly imposes a tariff and we don't. That's what we are trying to change, or we are headed towards just being a consumer economy without the ability to market OUR products FAIRLY overseas... As for China not wanting our 'gas guzzling trucks", have you seen what our manufacturers sell overseas? Cars that dont look anything like the ones over here, just as I doubt Nissan Titan pickups are a huge hit in Japan. Imagine what GM could do in the US with technology funded by a meaningful tariff-free entrance into a market where a different type of car was desired? Everyone keeps talking about a "global economy" and how we need to erase borders, but the dirty secret is that much of the world has enjoyed a protectionist advantage since before most of us were born. I'm in complete agreement with you that we should ALL be able to trade with each other with zero tariffs or other charges, but unfortunately, that isnt the case.

    I don't think I said we can't build a better product, I certainly didn't mean too. The fact is we often don't and we as Americans often don't provide great products or services. How hard is it to find quality products or services locally? If you have a house built, how often are there workmanship issues? On many products, it is the quality that sells it. Look at how many German cars are in the US and it isn't because they are cheap. It's true that some of the "German" cars are made here, but it is to quality standards required by the parent company. Companies set their own cost - benefit standards.

    The Nissan Titan was designed in California and manufactured in Canton Mississippi.
    The Frontier and Titan models are manufactured in America, they’re among the top five “most American” trucks on the road based on parts source and assembly. Here’s a little more detail on where Nissan trucks come from:More than 50 percent of the components for the Nissan Frontier are made in the United States and Canada. The truck is manufactured at Nissan’s plant in Canton, Mississippi.


    I would assume most of the American companies selling the smaller cars overseas also produces the cars overseas. Perhaps China should start manufacturing cars in the US. Oh wait, they probably already have a huge ownership in American car companies as well as many other businesses. This is a Global Economy.

    You say that you agree we should have free trade, but yet you support tariffs imposed by the Pres. If another country wishes to impose tariffs and we can't compete due to higher prices, then so be it. It's their loss. Companies should not be guaranteed a market elsewhere.

  13. #12
    83 Crusader - 468 BBC SNiC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Joe View Post
    ....The tariffs against our allies are a beginning to reduce all tariffs, and hopefully have no tariffs at all, THAT IS REAL FREE TRADE....
    The President has stated this as his Ultimate Goal.....Some Liberal peeps can't stop crying long enough to listen..... MAGA!



    Best Election Ever!
    Last edited by SNiC; 08-05-2018 at 03:43 PM.



  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNiC View Post
    The President has stated this as his Ultimate Goal.....Some Liberal peeps can't stop crying long enough to listen..... MAGA!



    Best Election Ever!

    Hey, Ol SNICERDODLE is back to disrupt any and all discussion and opinions. This thread has gone in the toilet.
    ...........THANKS DUMBASS.

  15. #14
    83 Crusader - 468 BBC SNiC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimsplace View Post
    Hey, Ol SNICERDODLE is back to disrupt any and all discussion and opinions. This thread has gone in the toilet.
    ...........THANKS DUMBASS.
    I have opinions too, and I posted that opinion that you are WRONG as it is FACT that President Trump's ultimate goal is Free Trade and NO TARIFFS.....sorry if my postings of FACTS disrupts you and exposes you as uninformed and foolish .......besides, 1st Amendment.......get over it Snowflake......NOT YOUR FORUM!
    .......and no need to thank me Sweet Heart....the pleasure is all mine



    A picture can be worth MORE than a thousand words....
    Last edited by SNiC; 08-06-2018 at 07:56 AM.



+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95