Resident Libs Please Explain
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 45

Thread:
Resident Libs Please Explain

  1. #1
    LP-25.com Infomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Port Richey, FL
    Posts
    16,855

    Default Resident Libs Please Explain

    The news is dominated about the POTUS revoking 1 security clearance. Absolutely going nuts about it. 1st amendment violation criminal action revoking the clearance etc.

    As it turns out the Obama admin did the exact same thing in 2013. Actually a house cleaning not just one person.

    In more detail the exact same guy that has been pitching such a fit now is the one that did it. Note the 2 people in the picture.

    Am I missing something here?

    https://www.politico.com/story/2013/...ce-list-100195
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 bozos.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	1025067  
    If For Some Reason I Do Something Worthy Of Recognition. God Provided The Ability And Deserves The Credit.


    QE 439 Twin Turbo

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member f_inscreenname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Pasadena, Maryland
    Posts
    1,531

    Default

    I can explain it, TDS.
    I have been on here long enough to remember these same "libs" when Obama was in office. It was all different back then. They have either saw their god (George Sore.ass) and became changed or they are hypocrites.
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1966 Donzi 16
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infomaniac View Post
    The news is dominated about the POTUS revoking 1 security clearance. Absolutely going nuts about it. 1st amendment violation criminal action revoking the clearance etc.

    As it turns out the Obama admin did the exact same thing in 2013. Actually a house cleaning not just one person.

    In more detail the exact same guy that has been pitching such a fit now is the one that did it. Note the 2 people in the picture.

    Am I missing something here?

    https://www.politico.com/story/2013/...ce-list-100195


    Do you only read the headlines and then stick your head in the sand? Read the article.

    The issue isn't revoking a security clearance, Trump is revoking it for Trumps own personal reasons.
    There is a process to revoke clearance and Trump is not going through any process. Granted, as President he doesn't have too.
    One of the individuals works for the FBI and needs it for his job, while some are consulted by other government personal or businesses.

    The Obama administration has ordered a government-wide reassessment of how almost 5 million Americans have been granted classified information security clearances and whether each person currently approved to see sensitive national security secrets truly has a need for such access.
    The new order (2013) may not have much immediate effect on the number of people with security clearances. That’s because individuals retain their clearances for a period of time even after they leave their jobs or are deemed to no longer require access to classified information.

  5. #4
    LP-25.com Infomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Port Richey, FL
    Posts
    16,855

    Default

    Swing and miss Jim. What can you use for fact Trump is doing this for his own personal reasons?

    What is the period of time they retain them after leaving public service? Some is forever and reviewed in 5 10 or 15 year intervals.

    Quote Originally Posted by jimsplace View Post
    whether each person currently approved to see sensitive national security secrets truly has a need for such access.
    Which one works for the FBI and needs it? He has only revoked 1 and he doesn't need it.

    Try again. You are failing.



    Quote Originally Posted by jimsplace View Post
    Do you only read the headlines and then stick your head in the sand? Read the article.

    The issue isn't revoking a security clearance, Trump is revoking it for Trumps own personal reasons.
    There is a process to revoke clearance and Trump is not going through any process. Granted, as President he doesn't have too.
    One of the individuals works for the FBI and needs it for his job, while some are consulted by other government personal or businesses.

    The Obama administration has ordered a government-wide reassessment of how almost 5 million Americans have been granted classified information security clearances and whether each person currently approved to see sensitive national security secrets truly has a need for such access.
    The new order (2013) may not have much immediate effect on the number of people with security clearances. That’s because individuals retain their clearances for a period of time even after they leave their jobs or are deemed to no longer require access to classified information.
    If For Some Reason I Do Something Worthy Of Recognition. God Provided The Ability And Deserves The Credit.


    QE 439 Twin Turbo

  6. #5
    Senior Member f_inscreenname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Pasadena, Maryland
    Posts
    1,531

    Default

    IMHO if you don't have a need for it right now you shouldn't have one. After you leave office it's gone. Obama didn't use Bush's people and Trump is not going to use Obama's people. Why are people from the Nixon Admin still running around with SC's? Just maybe if they get rid of some of these SC's maybe some of the leaks will go with them. It's not a crime to tell someone something classified even if they are out of office if they have the clearance so the source has no risk and once its out try to prove where it came from. Time to go back to, loose lips sink ships mentality.
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1966 Donzi 16
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by f_inscreenname View Post
    IMHO if you don't have a need for it right now you shouldn't have one. After you leave office it's gone. Obama didn't use Bush's people and Trump is not going to use Obama's people. Why are people from the Nixon Admin still running around with SC's? Just maybe if they get rid of some of these SC's maybe some of the leaks will go with them. It's not a crime to tell someone something classified even if they are out of office if they have the clearance so the source has no risk and once its out try to prove where it came from. Time to go back to, loose lips sink ships mentality.

    To a degree I think you're right, however it has been the practice for these officials to assist others even if they aren't under the same President. There is something to be said for knowing the history of how or why things took place. By the same token, just because someone has a clearance rating doesn't mean they have access to anything unless it's granted.
    I'm assuming, but pretty sure these individuals cannot walk into the Pentagon and go look at anything without being invited.

    A lot of people have security clearances who don't work for the government, and many of these people become employed by companies where the clearance is necessary to perform their job.

    The real problem is when the President revokes a clearance because someone disagrees with him or says something he doesn't like.
    That is not a legitimate reason to revoke a clearance. There is a process to revoke a security clearance. The President can obviously revoke a security clearance, and i'm pretty sure he can grant security clearances on his own. That part now becomes scary because he may or already has granted clearances to people who shouldn't have access to certain information. His son in law is one example. The forms he filled out have been incorrect or not filled out, and he has been required to provide the correct information many times. There is something wrong when one must correct forms something like 40 or 50 times.
    Security clearances should never be used as a reward or punishment for anything.

  8. #7
    Senior Member f_inscreenname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Pasadena, Maryland
    Posts
    1,531

    Default

    Look Jim, as normal you all pick the worst martyrs. Hands up don't shoot fake BS in Ferguson and a thug trying to take a cops gun after stealing from a store and assaulting the clerk. Or Freddy, a heroin dealer in Baltimore. How many people have to die from that shit?
    Now it Claptrap. The reason past directors (and others) kept their SC's was because they acted "like a current CIA director" did. Calling the sitting POTUS treasonous is over the top. Please remember it's not a law its a courtesy. After what has gone on the last couple years I would pull every one of them.
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1966 Donzi 16
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

  9. #8
    LP-25.com Infomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Port Richey, FL
    Posts
    16,855

    Default

    You can't keep your security clearance if your current behavior would prevent you from obtaining one if you were applying today.
    If For Some Reason I Do Something Worthy Of Recognition. God Provided The Ability And Deserves The Credit.


    QE 439 Twin Turbo

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by f_inscreenname View Post
    Look Jim, as normal you all pick the worst martyrs. Hands up don't shoot fake BS in Ferguson and a thug trying to take a cops gun after stealing from a store and assaulting the clerk. Or Freddy, a heroin dealer in Baltimore. How many people have to die from that shit?
    Now it Claptrap. The reason past directors (and others) kept their SC's was because they acted "like a current CIA director" did. Calling the sitting POTUS treasonous is over the top. Please remember it's not a law its a courtesy. After what has gone on the last couple years I would pull every one of them.
    I'm not sure where your martyrs thing comes from or is going and don't see how it applies. For what it's worth, some of what you've mentioned I'd probably agree with you on.

    Whether calling this president treasonous or not could be a matter of interpretation, and I don't think there's any law making that statement. He certainly comes close and certainly not acting like a good president. The issue still remains that Trump pulled the clearance and has a list of personal enemies because they said something he didn't like. That is not a valid reason to pull clearances.

    It sounds as though some of you stand behind the Constitution until it comes to someone peaking out about your President. I don't recall ever hearing criticism of the President violating any Free Speech rules.

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infomaniac View Post
    You can't keep your security clearance if your current behavior would prevent you from obtaining one if you were applying today.
    What behavior are you talking about? Expressing ones opinion generally is not a reason.

  12. #11
    LP-25.com Infomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Port Richey, FL
    Posts
    16,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimsplace View Post
    What behavior are you talking about? Expressing ones opinion generally is not a reason.
    Since when do you know the criteria of obtaining a top secret security clearance. Stating on national TV the POTUS committed treason? Come on Jim you can be denied a security clearance due to an association your uncle had 30 years ago.

    Your Liberal mindset is flawed.
    If For Some Reason I Do Something Worthy Of Recognition. God Provided The Ability And Deserves The Credit.


    QE 439 Twin Turbo

  13. #12
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimsplace View Post
    To a degree I think you're right, however it has been the practice for these officials to assist others even if they aren't under the same President. There is something to be said for knowing the history of how or why things took place. By the same token, just because someone has a clearance rating doesn't mean they have access to anything unless it's granted.
    I'm assuming, but pretty sure these individuals cannot walk into the Pentagon and go look at anything without being invited.

    A lot of people have security clearances who don't work for the government, and many of these people become employed by companies where the clearance is necessary to perform their job.

    The real problem is when the President revokes a clearance because someone disagrees with him or says something he doesn't like.
    That is not a legitimate reason to revoke a clearance. There is a process to revoke a security clearance. The President can obviously revoke a security clearance, and i'm pretty sure he can grant security clearances on his own. That part now becomes scary because he may or already has granted clearances to people who shouldn't have access to certain information. His son in law is one example. The forms he filled out have been incorrect or not filled out, and he has been required to provide the correct information many times. There is something wrong when one must correct forms something like 40 or 50 times.
    Security clearances should never be used as a reward or punishment for anything.

    Holy hell you are an idiot.
    Are you actually suggesting that ones clearance follows them from public to private sector?
    Or from employer to employer??
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infomaniac View Post
    Since when do you know the criteria of obtaining a top secret security clearance. Stating on national TV the POTUS committed treason? Come on Jim you can be denied a security clearance due to an association your uncle had 30 years ago.

    Your Liberal mindset is flawed.
    An association with someone may be a valid reason to deny a clearance, but expressing a personal opinion that is not threatening is not a valid reason.
    If your criteria is correct, how did ALL of Trumps people who have been convicted or pleaded guilty get their clearances?
    I probably know as much about clearances as you. I've had clearances in the past and I would assume that if I need to use it now, it may have to be reevaluated or redone, I don't know, regardless of my mindset.

    Im sure you know everything about clearances, so when did liberal mindset become a criteria. I'm sure in you mind it would be a factor.
    Whatever your mindset is, it's flawed. I'm glad we know how you view things.

  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Holy hell you are an idiot.
    Are you actually suggesting that ones clearance follows them from public to private sector?
    Or from employer to employer??
    Generally speaking, it does. If one has a reasonably current clearance, the process is not nearly as lengthy as if one has never had one.
    Your phrasing is one of an idiot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95