California budget woes....
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread:
California budget woes....

  1. #1
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default California budget woes....

    This is rich... A California Democratic Senator is blaming Republicans for causing the issues / cuts???


    "State Sen. Leland Yee, D-San Francisco, said it's embarrassing that Legislative Democrats let this happen. Rather than letting the Republican minority "stare us down," he said, Democrats must stand their ground. "We are not going to cut any more. "... We are not going to hurt the future of California any more."

    http://www.insidebayarea.com/dailyre...549?source=rss
    Pat Eason, the voice of reason...

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,487

    Default

    CA is completely screwed until they get there state government under control.

  4. #3
    "On the road again..." Old Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    9,356

    Default

    Sounds like CA could save a lot of money by just not arresting, trying, and jailing anybody in the first place......That's as sound logic as the ideas from the ACLU and others in the article.
    "Bottle by bottle, I'm clearing off that shelf...."

  5. #4
    058
    058 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,115

    Default

    Typical Demo-think....Like Barney Frank[D] said on the Fanny-Mae/Freddy-Mac debacile...."Its the Republican's fault, they didn't do enough to stop us."
    Within the heart of every stray lies the singular desire to be loved. "Good grief you're an irritating blowhard...." [Tex 6/16/11]

  6. #5
    Senior Member wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the garage working on the boat in Utah, United States
    Posts
    7,810

    Default

    I am so glad i no longer live in So Cal!!!!
    Utah may not be the best place, but it's better than living in Cal. So. Cal. was such a great place to live when I was growing up. Gerry Brown started this mess. Gray Davis helped to add to the shit. The governator just flushed the toilet and found that there was too much shit to flush!!!!! California needs to get the plunger and get rid of the left wing wack jobs!!!!

  7. #6
    Senior Member Gravyboat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Commieland
    Posts
    3,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Texan View Post
    Sounds like CA could save a lot of money by just not arresting, trying, and jailing anybody in the first place......That's as sound logic as the ideas from the ACLU and others in the article.
    I make a motion to remove all forms of authority and public service. Close the jail system, LE, shut down the jails, close down the capital, everything. Why not? A lot of people seem to think we don't need certain services anyway. Screw it. Shut down Sacramento and put out the "closed" sign. Let em deal with it. I personally don't care anymore. I'm sick of all the crap. I hope the system implodes on itself. That way, there's no choice but to start over.
    Freedom Without Authority is Anarchy.
    Authority Without Freedom is Tyranny

    “The trouble with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money”
    –Margaret Thatcher

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Tex, I thinking of taking my dog, my new gun, packing my gas guzzling pickup truck, and move to Texas. I want to be there when you guys secede from the Union.

    I passed through Fredricksberg, Tx. a few years ago, and fell in love with the town.

  9. #8
    Senior Member Gravyboat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Commieland
    Posts
    3,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    I make a motion to remove all forms of authority and public service. Close the jail system, LE, shut down the jails, close down the capital, everything. Why not? A lot of people seem to think we don't need certain services anyway. Screw it. Shut down Sacramento and put out the "closed" sign. Let em deal with it. I personally don't care anymore. I'm sick of all the crap. I hope the system implodes on itself. That way, there's no choice but to start over.
    Wow, I was really in a pissed off mood when I spit this out. Doesn't make much sense. Then again, I rarely do.
    Freedom Without Authority is Anarchy.
    Authority Without Freedom is Tyranny

    “The trouble with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money”
    –Margaret Thatcher

  10. #9
    Senior Member talkinghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    So. Cal.
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Wow, I was really in a pissed off mood when I spit this out. Doesn't make much sense. Then again, I rarely do.
    We need authority and public services, just not at the current levels.

    It won't happen, but gov't in all of it's forms needs to shrink drastically.

    I agree with Palin: The bigger the gov't the less freedom we will have.

  11. #10
    "On the road again..." Old Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    9,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J. Shelfo Sr. View Post
    Tex, I thinking of taking my dog, my new gun, packing my gas guzzling pickup truck, and move to Texas. I want to be there when you guys secede from the Union.

    I passed through Fredricksberg, Tx. a few years ago, and fell in love with the town.
    C'mon over.....TX is far from perfect but at least we still have a majority of politicians that have common sense. The bulk of TX problems are related to the Fed Government not helping where needed like the border. If left to the state it would be closed. Not helping is a bad description, interferring is more the case.
    "Bottle by bottle, I'm clearing off that shelf...."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95