Why Am I So Angry?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 18

Thread:
Why Am I So Angry?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Ron Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Tustin
    Posts
    760

    Default Why Am I So Angry?

    Background: After 38 years of teaching, I retired five years ago. My son, Chad, has taught for seven years, and we run a nice little propeller business called Hill Marine. Chad and I probably average 60 hour weeks (of work), in the summer and 40 hour weeks in the winter.

    We have a lot of projects and keep busy. Chad has www.hillmarine.com set up as an on line store and I sell through E-Bay. Neither of us like to talk on the phone because e-mails are easier and we are actually able to think out our prop selections. But we do answer the phone when it rings......sometimes...

    The phone rings. I answer it. "Is the owner there?" the lady asks. I say, "This is he"....Oh, forgot to mention, I snapped a tendon in my arm, had surgery, and have been in a cast for three weeks, so work has REALLY piled up as I work slow anyway, but with one arm, I have the nickname of "Lightning". And I maybe in a shit mood...

    The lady says, "I'm with the Times." I say, "I'm not interested."

    She says, "Why not? And adds she has been with the Times for 17 years."

    I say, "Why am in not iterested in that Communist Rag? I'll tell you why...Two weeks ago I stopped the Register, after being a subscriber since 1962 BECAUSE they are too LIBERAL, and you are more LIBERAL....I'm totally sick of hearing Obama's BULLSHIT as iof it were helping our country."

    She says, "You won't read about Obama today.?

    I say, "I know..Obama is vacationing in Marksist Vineyard and Obama has told you Liberal Pukes to shut up and you did...."

    She says, Well, the Register will go broke before the Times....."

    I say lady, "ALL newspapers are going to go broke if they only write about LIBERAL crap...."

    She says, "Why are you so ANGRY?????"

    I say, "Well, I have a house in escrow, 50 props to get out, I'm woring one handed, I have another house to list.....AND I'm wasting my time talking to you....."

    I hung up...She's right, I'm just an angry old white guy, trying to enjoy my Golden Years.....

    ADD: At one time the whig makers in this country tried to get a law passed that would have required all males to wear a whig....There was no government bail out for whig makers..

    Cash for clunkers sure helped Toyota....Obama motors didn't do well.

    Last ADD:

    Rush Limbaugh is really a great teacher. He explained that Socialism is when the government owns everything and tries to run it. Fascism is when private people own the companies but the government tells them how to run it.
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 08-27-2009 at 06:40 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Screamin SeaMonkees Schi-502's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Vacaville, California
    Posts
    1,663

    Default Helped Toyota

    NUMMI in Fremont has announced it will be closing it's doors. The UAW pukes are whinning, "it's not fair! We voted for Obama, why is he doing this to us?"
    Loose, the Dogs of War!

  4. #3
    E-7 Sheepdog (ret) SmokinLowriderSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newton Ks.
    Posts
    6,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schi-502 View Post
    NUMMI in Fremont has announced it will be closing it's doors. The UAW pukes are whinning, "it's not fair! We voted for Obama, why is he doing this to us?"
    "Change".
    "As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken

    OBAMA: Some people deserve this.
    The rest of us are being dragged along kicking and screaming.

  5. #4
    Senior Member bordsmnj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    garden grove / emerald cove
    Posts
    1,119

    Default

    well,this will cheer you up. i just saw on the news that the cash for clunker money(4500$) is and shall be treated as fully taxable as income,lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rep. Joe Wilson (R) View Post
    YOU LIE!!!!!


  6. #5
    Senior Member angry dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Glendora
    Posts
    1,063

    Default

    Anger is a gift!!
    Im White, old, and self employed, and im PISSED!!
    You Lie!
    Winter sand ~ Summer spray

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bordsmnj View Post
    well,this will cheer you up. i just saw on the news that the cash for clunker money(4500$) is and shall be treated as fully taxable as income,lol.
    Do you have a link for that? Thanks.

  8. #7
    Senior Member Cdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    Background: After 38 years of teaching, I retired five years ago. My son, Chad, has taught for seven years, and we run a nice little propeller business called Hill Marine. Chad and I probably average 60 hour weeks (of work), in the summer and 40 hour weeks in the winter.

    We have a lot of projects and keep busy. Chad has www.hillmarine.com set up as an on line store and I sell through E-Bay. Neither of us like to talk on the phone because e-mails are easier and we are actually able to think out our prop selections. But we do answer the phone when it rings......sometimes...

    The phone rings. I answer it. "Is the owner there?" the lady asks. I say, "This is he"....Oh, forgot to mention, I snapped a tendon in my arm, had surgery, and have been in a cast for three weeks, so work has REALLY piled up as I work slow anyway, but with one arm, I have the nickname of "Lightning". And I maybe in a shit mood...

    The lady says, "I'm with the Times." I say, "I'm not interested."

    She says, "Why not? And adds she has been with the Times for 17 years."

    I say, "Why am in not iterested in that Communist Rag? I'll tell you why...Two weeks ago I stopped the Register, after being a subscriber since 1962 BECAUSE they are too LIBERAL, and you are more LIBERAL....I'm totally sick of hearing Obama's BULLSHIT as iof it were helping our country."

    She says, "You won't read about Obama today.?

    I say, "I know..Obama is vacationing in Marksist Vineyard and Obama has told you Liberal Pukes to shut up and you did...."

    She says, Well, the Register will go broke before the Times....."

    I say lady, "ALL newspapers are going to go broke if they only write about LIBERAL crap...."

    She says, "Why are you so ANGRY?????"

    I say, "Well, I have a house in escrow, 50 props to get out, I'm woring one handed, I have another house to list.....AND I'm wasting my time talking to you....."

    I hung up...She's right, I'm just an angry old white guy, trying to enjoy my Golden Years.....

    ADD: At one time the whig makers in this country tried to get a law passed that would have required all males to wear a whig....There was no government bail out for whig makers..

    Cash for clunkers sure helped Toyota....Obama motors didn't do well.

    Last ADD:

    Rush Limbaugh is really a great teacher. He explained that Socialism is when the government owns everything and tries to run it. Fascism is when private people own the companies but the government tells them how to run it.


    Mr. Hill. If we ever get a chance to meet. I'm buying you a beer.


    I said the same thing when the LA times called me. I lived in Anaheim Hills at the time and they ragged on GW every day.

    I guess I'm an angry white 30 something.

  9. #8
    Gone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sparks, Nevada
    Posts
    1,824

    Default I found this

    Quote Originally Posted by redneckcharlie View Post
    Do you have a link for that? Thanks.
    http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...ed_2009_8.html

  10. #9
    058
    058 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schi-502 View Post
    NUMMI in Fremont has announced it will be closing it's doors. The UAW pukes are whinning, "it's not fair! We voted for Obama, why is he doing this to us?"
    Hey, How's that change workin' for ya now?
    Within the heart of every stray lies the singular desire to be loved. "Good grief you're an irritating blowhard...." [Tex 6/16/11]

  11. #10
    Senior Member bordsmnj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    garden grove / emerald cove
    Posts
    1,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redneckcharlie View Post
    Do you have a link for that? Thanks.
    i think laura ingram said it while filling in for o'reilly tonight. or it could have been earlier same channel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rep. Joe Wilson (R) View Post
    YOU LIE!!!!!


  12. #11
    Senior Member bordsmnj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    garden grove / emerald cove
    Posts
    1,119

    Default

    that article puts a different light on it when heard about it earlier they atributed it to obama and i was under the impression it was a federal income tax that applied although they didnt come right out and say it. hmmm. wish i was paying more attention. i was doing stuff around the house at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rep. Joe Wilson (R) View Post
    YOU LIE!!!!!


  13. #12
    "On the road again..." Old Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    9,356

    Default

    People are gradually waking up to the fact government redtape and bureaucracy adversely effects their pocketbooks whether they prepare for it or not. The bulk of these programs are so poorly presented that the consumer doesn't realize what they get into until it's too late.

    Now just imagine the ones we will have no control over as they will force involuntary participation, Healthcare for example.....

    Cash for Clunkers was ballyhooed as a great stimulator for the automakers and it did put some business into the lagging system. But it's far from over and after the hidden taxes, rejected trade-ins after the deals, and short funding to the dealers, I predict it will go down as a complete Fubar.

    But if it helps awaken the nation towards realizing the fallacy of big government and this Admin and Congress in particular, it will be well worth it.

    Wake Up America!!!! The only change we really need is the current crop of idiots in Washington DC!!!!!!!!
    "Bottle by bottle, I'm clearing off that shelf...."

  14. #13
    Senior Member Jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bordsmnj View Post
    well,this will cheer you up. i just saw on the news that the cash for clunker money(4500$) is and shall be treated as fully taxable as income,lol.

    I heard that also on the news last night. Not only will they have to pay federal income tax on the money but state income tax as well in states having state income tax.

    So,........ free money isn't really free?......What a surprise!

  15. #14
    Seriously off center slowride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Anaheim/BHC- the Shack
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    Background: After 38 years of teaching, I retired five years ago. My son, Chad, has taught for seven years, and we run a nice little propeller business called Hill Marine. Chad and I probably average 60 hour weeks (of work), in the summer and 40 hour weeks in the winter.

    We have a lot of projects and keep busy. Chad has www.hillmarine.com set up as an on line store and I sell through E-Bay. Neither of us like to talk on the phone because e-mails are easier and we are actually able to think out our prop selections. But we do answer the phone when it rings......sometimes...

    The phone rings. I answer it. "Is the owner there?" the lady asks. I say, "This is he"....Oh, forgot to mention, I snapped a tendon in my arm, had surgery, and have been in a cast for three weeks, so work has REALLY piled up as I work slow anyway, but with one arm, I have the nickname of "Lightning". And I maybe in a shit mood...

    The lady says, "I'm with the Times." I say, "I'm not interested."

    She says, "Why not? And adds she has been with the Times for 17 years."

    I say, "Why am in not iterested in that Communist Rag? I'll tell you why...Two weeks ago I stopped the Register, after being a subscriber since 1962 BECAUSE they are too LIBERAL, and you are more LIBERAL....I'm totally sick of hearing Obama's BULLSHIT as iof it were helping our country."

    She says, "You won't read about Obama today.?

    I say, "I know..Obama is vacationing in Marksist Vineyard and Obama has told you Liberal Pukes to shut up and you did...."

    She says, Well, the Register will go broke before the Times....."

    I say lady, "ALL newspapers are going to go broke if they only write about LIBERAL crap...."

    She says, "Why are you so ANGRY?????"

    I say, "Well, I have a house in escrow, 50 props to get out, I'm woring one handed, I have another house to list.....AND I'm wasting my time talking to you....."

    I hung up...She's right, I'm just an angry old white guy, trying to enjoy my Golden Years.....

    ADD: At one time the whig makers in this country tried to get a law passed that would have required all males to wear a whig....There was no government bail out for whig makers..

    Cash for clunkers sure helped Toyota....Obama motors didn't do well.

    Last ADD:

    Rush Limbaugh is really a great teacher. He explained that Socialism is when the government owns everything and tries to run it. Fascism is when private people own the companies but the government tells them how to run it.
    I got an email last night from a guy looking for some Dixco gauges and wrote he has been calling for 3 days and nobody has answered (I normally can't answer live during the day) so there's a problem. I wrote back that had he LEFT A MESSAGE I would have returned his call. It isn't easy being an old white guy in retail.......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95