Compensation, Performance/Results driven.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 86

Thread:
Compensation, Performance/Results driven.

  1. #1
    Screamin SeaMonkees Schi-502's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Vacaville, California
    Posts
    1,663

    Default Compensation, Performance/Results driven.

    I am paid to perform a job or function. I am paid to acheive accurate, timely results. I am compensated based on my ability to overcome problems and correct same.

    I am not paid to wait for a customer to call. If I am not in the performance of my duties I do not get paid.

    I am self employed. It is a corporation that employs me. I (the corporation has) have three employees. We travel the western US working on-site at customer's locations.

    I see this as Performance/Reults driven compensation.
    I think teachers should be paid/compensated similarly.
    Loose, the Dogs of War!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,487

    Default

    Anybody that's self employed operates by that philosophy. Your preaching to the choir, because very few that rely on their paycheck to be provided by the taxpayers have any clue what your actually talking about. How many of these teachers do you see jumping ship to head out into the private sector?

  4. #3
    Screamin SeaMonkees Schi-502's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Vacaville, California
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    This thread was in response to T&Y's reluctance to converse on another thread. He suggested I start my own thread and not hijack the school teacher's salary thread.

    I was posting and waiting for him to respond in kind.
    Loose, the Dogs of War!

  5. #4
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    Like most of our liberals here, he will refuse to elaborate on what his job is, what duties he performs and how they benefit mankind. We, self employed have always been paid exactly what we've earned. No more - No less and we look to nobody else to provide our wages through life as we create the wages we receive.

    Expecting a government worker to understand how we are paying their salaries is like explaining calculus equations to a pine tree.
    The best things in life aren't things!

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schi-502 View Post
    This thread was in response to T&Y's reluctance to converse on another thread. He suggested I start my own thread and not hijack the school teacher's salary thread.

    I was posting and waiting for him to respond in kind.
    My bad, don't hold your breath.

  7. #6
    T&Y
    T&Y is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    Wow you guys really like to kiss eachother asses don't you

    Yeah dude I told you if you wanted to discuss it further then either PM me or start another thread about LEO which is what you apparently think you are a expert on because your DADDY was a fireman I just found this thread, sorry if you were sitting around chomping at the bit lolol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Schi-502 View Post
    I am paid to perform a job or function. I am paid to acheive accurate, timely results. I am compensated based on my ability to overcome problems and correct same.

    I am not paid to wait for a customer to call. If I am not in the performance of my duties I do not get paid.
    You might want to sit down for this one. I am paid to do both, so I guess you only have half the responsiblity I do huh???

    Now of course because your father was a fireman back in the day you already know all of this, but you asked so I will repeat it for you.

    As a Law Enforcement officer I am tasked with the responsibility to enforce the law. Crazy I know. That means as soon as I hit the go button on my mobile terminal/computer I am waiting for a call for service while at the same time actively looking for crimes in progress. In fact, there are many times when I'm not in a radio call car, and my only job is to go out and target specific areas for specific types of crimes or focus on specific member of society. You have to be self motivated in this line of work to go out create work for yourself. Once you find that work, you have to make sure you are still in good "legal standing" while considering constantly changing case law so you don't end up in Federal Prison. In laymen’s terms, that means I am paid to perform a job or function. I am paid to achieve accurate, timely results. I am compensated based on my ability to overcome problems and correct same. Wow what a shocker. Here's the other part of the job.. At times I am also paid to wait for a "customer" to call.


    I am self employed. It is a corporation that employs me. I (the corporation has) have three employees. We travel the western US working on-site at customer's locations.

    I see this as Performance/Reults driven compensation.
    I think teachers should be paid/compensated similarly.
    That's great. Whatever you chose to do with your life is your choice. Just don't think your an expert on everyone else because of it.

    Hey Doc: I gotta give it to you... Pulling the never heard of "I pay your salary" line. News flash, you also pay the burger flippers salary, the long-shoremans salary, each and every employee of the company of whatever type of car you purchased. Did you have and actual point in saying that? Or is it just one of those things that makes you feel better to say?

  8. #7
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T&Y View Post
    Hey Doc: I gotta give it to you... Pulling the never heard of "I pay your salary" line. News flash, you also pay the burger flippers salary, the long-shoremans salary, each and every employee of the company of whatever type of car you purchased. Did you have and actual point in saying that? Or is it just one of those things that makes you feel better to say?
    I am mandated to pay your salary without choice through taxation. Every other one you mentioned is voluntary and a choice I have or will make only after careful consideration.

    The chip on your shoulder makes a lot more sense now.
    News Flash! I love my employment choice and don't blame anyone else when comparing it to other occupations and I absolutely will never need a union to help me negotiate my value to society. It seems you can't say that and are just finishing your time awaiting retirement and pension to kick in. I can appreciate that as your choice but don't hold a grudge against me because you made that choice. My field is wide open and anyone can be licensed in a few weeks so come take my spot but don't whine because I do, in fact, pay your salary. Thank me instead. You are welcome sir and thank you for your service. It's something I wouldn't do and I sincerely appreciate your choice to serve.
    The best things in life aren't things!

  9. #8
    T&Y
    T&Y is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I am mandated to pay your salary without choice through taxation. Every other one you mentioned is voluntary and a choice I have or will make only after careful consideration.

    The chip on your shoulder makes a lot more sense now.
    News Flash! I love my employment choice and don't blame anyone else when comparing it to other occupations and I absolutely will never need a union to help me negotiate my value to society. It seems you can't say that and are just finishing your time awaiting retirement and pension to kick in. I can appreciate that as your choice but don't hold a grudge against me because you made that choice. My field is wide open and anyone can be licensed in a few weeks so come take my spot but don't whine because I do, in fact, pay your salary. Thank me instead. You are welcome sir and thank you for your service. It's something I wouldn't do and I sincerely appreciate your choice to serve.

    Chip on my shoulder? I think it's more like if someone has differing views than you and a few others they are automatically labeled a Liberal and have an obvious chip on their shoulder. Typing back and forth on here is pure humor for me. I've been in the business long enough to have heard everything you have typed so it's not a surprise.

    Finishing my time, hardly. I still plan on working another 20 or so years in this profession and moving onto something else after that. I have actually considered doing your job on the side. Prior to doing this I ran lumberyards and put myself through school. Nothing has been handed to me. You don't know shit about me so don't bother trying to preach about my career choice. I don't preach about yours.

    Our main difference in here today is you are obviously anti-union. I am not. I too recognize that unions have gotten out of control and there obviously need to be cut backs in certain areas. They do not need to be eliminated. That also does not mean that just because your career choice took a dump that everyone else’s needs to follow. Maybe you are more about distribution of wealth than you admit .

    By the way, my job requirements have only risen over these last few years. My work load has increased if anything and I have not had a raise for quit sometime. Do you see me complaining about that on here, or blaming it on and elected official?

  10. #9
    Senior Member steveone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    Once Again! Every and All Government employees should realize that this process of collective bargaining, as it is usually understood !SHOULD NOT be transplanted into the public service Sector.
    November 4 2008 "a date which will live in infamy". Jesus Saves





  11. #10
    T&Y
    T&Y is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    OK!

  12. #11
    Screamin SeaMonkees Schi-502's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Vacaville, California
    Posts
    1,663

    Default T&Y

    This was never about you.
    You aligned yourself with the striking teachers. I don't believe you are in the same catagory. They, the teachers, should be paid on merit. You and the firefighters are paid on a standby basis.

    My history as a son of a firefighter/union president was to shed light on the fact that I know you are a public servant. Teachers are not public servants. Don't align yourself with criminals and claim they are righteous in their efforts because they are in a union.

    I did not mean to make this about you. I don't know you. I know the situation, though.
    Last edited by Schi-502; 02-21-2011 at 12:06 AM.
    Loose, the Dogs of War!

  13. #12
    T&Y
    T&Y is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schi-502 View Post
    This was never about you.
    You aligned yourself with the striking teachers. I don't believe you are in the same catagory. They, the teachers, should be paid on merit. You and the firefighters are paid on a standby basis.

    My history as a son of a firefighter/union president was to shed light on the fact that I know you are a public servant. Teachers are not public servants. Don't align yourself with criminals and claim they are righteous in their efforts because they are in a union.

    I did not mean to make this about you. I don't know you. I know the situation, though.
    All right buddy if you say so. At least it was entertaining for a bit.

  14. #13
    Just Me snoc653's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Eastern Iowa
    Posts
    4,047

    Default

    Unions in civil service jobs is the most oximoronic thing that has ever happened. Name one thing that the Union gives to the city. A police officer going on strike should be fired no questions asked as should a fireman. The job of a police officer is to protect and serve. Not to withhold service until they get paid more money. There are two types of unions, type one provides a standard and quality of work in exchange for the opportunity to represent the employees. This is the good kind of union. Type two, represents the employees and gives nothing back to the employer. This type union does collect healthy union dues from the employees and holds the collective size of the employees over the employers head. An employer can't fire someone, they can't increase production or do any of the managerial tasks normally associated with running a business unless they run it by the union first and for all this they get nothing back. For a civil servant to put the public at risk because the union says strike they have committed an act of criminal neglect. What it will probably take to fix that problem is for someone to get charged and prosecuted. But that puts the employee taking all the risks. The union just sits back and makes money for themselves.
    And just because some police officers work diligently at performing their job doesn't mean all of them do. So why should they all get the same raise?
    So many projects, so little time

  15. #14
    "On the road again..." Old Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    9,356

    Default

    Unions for a large part have become just another buiness seeking to add members they can lobby for and take a percentage of the profits (wages/benefit costs) resulting from their negotiating efforts and buying governmental support.

    A prime example of businesses in the USA that have proven the modern union unnecessary are the foreign owned auto makers. They have satisfied employees working under better conditions as far as facilities and technological amenities are concerned, and those employees are making good wages without union intervention.

    The outdated concept of unions being necessary to protect the employee from harsh unfair conditions is past. Government regualtions and OSHA pretty much cover working conditions so what exactly do unions accomplish???????
    "Bottle by bottle, I'm clearing off that shelf...."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95