I remember back in 2004 when no one cared!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 66

Thread:
I remember back in 2004 when no one cared!

  1. #1
    29812 kilrtoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    6,873

    Default I remember back in 2004 when no one cared!

    About Teachers, Policemen, Firemen, hell Government workers low pay and decent benefits...

    Now that everyone is out of a job, it is suddenly ALL of THEIR faults...

    People are amazing.
    Carry on!
    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post
    It appears you are not getting dumber by the minute because you are already as dumb as anyone can be.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Jackwagon Patrolman Rexone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Earth
    Posts
    11,644
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default

    I remember in 2004 when real estate was the never ending utopia of money for nothing and stated income loans were like going through the fast food line at McDonalds.

    I guess the slight flattening of the market around 2007-2008 that most experts predicted is now in process.


    Perhaps I misunderstood and they meant flat lining.

  4. #3
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    Are you saying there is no need for belt tightening? Are you aware that everyone you mentioned receives their funding from tax dollars, which are lower in receipt than this country has had in years?
    If so, your head is in the sand and you need to take a peek at the reality that without deep cuts, our government institutions won't be funded at all shortly.
    The best things in life aren't things!

  5. #4
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kilrtoy View Post
    About Teachers, Policemen, Firemen, hell Government workers low pay and decent benefits...

    Now that everyone is out of a job, it is suddenly ALL of THEIR faults...

    People are amazing.
    Carry on!
    Killer, Im sorry on behalf of others that have made stinging comments about LEOs and such... I know that has to hurt...

    Fact remains that when a municipality or a county or a state is being told to get the financial house in order by the resounding voice of the voters what do you do??? Go back to the lemon and squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze out a few more drops??? At some point cuts must be made to balance the budget, it has to happen...

    You and I can't spend more than we bring home without severe consequences... It really is as simple as that... First Wisconsin made the news, now NYC, and there will be more and more... The States/cities/counties MUST get their checkbook in order... Throw all the BS that is getting spewed around out the window...

    Again, I'm sorry for the people that have made hurtful comments about LEOs and other public servants that are trying to keep things safe/nice/clean...

    Bruce.....


    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    I remember in 2004 when real estate was the never ending utopia of money for nothing and stated income loans were like going through the fast food line at McDonalds.

    I guess the slight flattening of the market around 2007-2008 that most experts predicted is now in process.


    Perhaps I misunderstood and they meant flat lining.
    Rexie, Rexie, Rexie... All the time that I had the Sept. 1999 WSJ link in my siggy and you never read it???

    Your just joshin with us, I know u are...

    "In moving, even tentatively, into this new area of lending, Fannie Mae is taking on significantly more risk, which may not pose any difficulties during flush economic times. But the government-subsidized corporation may run into trouble in an economic downturn, prompting a government rescue similar to that of the savings and loan industry in the 1980's.

    ''From the perspective of many people, including me, this is another thrift industry growing up around us,'' said Peter Wallison a resident fellow at the American Enterprise Institute. ''If they fail, the government will have to step up and bail them out the way it stepped up and bailed out the thrift industry.''"



    http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0DE7DB153EF933A0575AC0A96F9582 60&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=1
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 03-07-2011 at 06:58 PM.

  6. #5
    29812 kilrtoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    6,873

    Default

    Police, fire and teachers are way underpaid . For you to think otherwise . You might wanna pull your head out of the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post
    It appears you are not getting dumber by the minute because you are already as dumb as anyone can be.

  7. #6
    New here Beer:30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    4,219

    Default

    Agreed. I definitely think bargaining units can take acceptable cuts like everyone else, but to fully attack them is a bit of a shotgun approach. All agencies have different avenues from which their budgets travel. Not everyone is tax-funded.

    The other side to it is - if people are jealous about wages and benefits - they should have applied and taken the test(s) required to get into one of those careers. Don't go crying just because you CHOSE a career that get paid less or has worse benefits.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    EFI is the wave of the future. There can be no denying it. Electronics have been on the leading edge of our entire lives. Not only os the magneto dead, but the standard issue CDI is wavering. Its all about total fuel, air AND spark control. Anybody that thinks its not has their head up their ass.


    2001 SleekCraft 30' Heritage SSB, open-bow mid-cuddy. 496HO / Bravo-I.

  8. #7
    Senior Member dribble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Are you saying there is no need for belt tightening? Are you aware that everyone you mentioned receives their funding from tax dollars, which are lower in receipt than this country has had in years?
    If so, your head is in the sand and you need to take a peek at the reality that without deep cuts, our government institutions won't be funded at all shortly.
    There is a definite need for belt tightening. For example; I was given a Blackberry about four years ago. Two years later I was told that I was getting a new one (as was everyone else in my department). There was nothing wrong with the old one. I didn't want a new one. I got one. Where is the old one ? Sitting in my desk for the last two years along with 500 others. I for one am getting damn tired of watching this kind of waste and then being blamed for the financial ills of the state.

    We went on furloughs two years ago and since then hired several more people and we're still on furloughs.

  9. #8
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beer:30 View Post
    Agreed. I definitely think bargaining units can take acceptable cuts like everyone else, but to fully attack them is a bit of a shotgun approach. All agencies have different avenues from which their budgets travel. Not everyone is tax-funded.

    The other side to it is - if people are jealous about wages and benefits - they should have applied and taken the test(s) required to get into one of those careers. Don't go crying just because you CHOSE a career that get paid less or has worse benefits.
    Your comment here clearly shows that your STILL not getting it... Jealous/not jealous/crying/not crying/paid more/paid less put it all aside... THE BUDGETS MUST BE CUT AND BALANCED... IT'S THAT SIMPLE...

    Without a doubt teachers are important, without a doubt teachers salaries are all over the place and many/most don't pull down big $$$... I think that the superintendent/assistant superintendent/assistant to the assistant and so on need to be under the bright light...

    Do schools still need golf,soccer,football,tennis,swimming,water polo,diving,track,fencing,baseball,softball,wrestl ing,pingpong,PomPom,cheerleading,flags/color guard,etc,etc,etc at all levels from JH up through highschool for boys and for girls and a special league for the students that are confused about their gender??? Is all of this necessary to provide a solid education??? And trips to Paris France or the Islands in the Gulf???

    I know I'm gonna draw some fire on this one by calling out the EC activities but cuts are necessary and the check book is in the red, whatcha gonna do??? I wrestled/played football/baseball, I know it's FUN but EDUCATION is the focus...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 03-07-2011 at 07:14 PM.

  10. #9
    New here Beer:30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    4,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Your comment here clearly shows that your STILL not getting it... Jealous/not jealous/crying/not crying/paid more/paid less put it all aside... THE BUDGETS MUST BE CUT AND BALANCED... IT'S THAT SIMPLE...

    Without a doubt teachers are important, without a doubt teachers salaries are all over the place and many/most don't pull down big $$$... I think that the superintendent/assistant superintendent/assistant to the assistant and so on need to be under the bright light...

    Do schools still need golf,soccer,football,tennis,swimming,water polo,diving,track,fencing,baseball,softball,wrestl ing,pingpong,PomPom,cheerleading,flags/color guard,etc,etc,etc at all levels from JH up through highschool for boys and for girls and a special league for the students that are confused about their gender??? Is all of this necessary to provide a solid education??? And trips to Paris France or the Islands in the Gulf???

    I know I'm gonna draw some fire on this one by calling out the EC activities but cuts are necessary and the check book is in the red, whatcha gonna do??? I wrestled/played football/baseball, I know it's FUN but EDUCATION is the focus...
    No, no. I said I agree that there should be cuts - whether temporary or not.

    My point, in general terms, is that people should not just go head-hunting just because some groups make alot more money than them. There should be cuts across the board, but not complete ridicule.

    More closely - people that scream about millionaires needing to pay MORE than their share of taxes. My point being - ANYONE can be a millionaire, if they CHOOSE to.

    Or, for instance, if a teacher gripes and complains about a cop or fireman making thousands more than them AND having better benefits to boot - the teacher is just being jealous. I agree everyone needs to pitch in or it will ALL go way, regardless of career. There just seems to be a lot of people targeting the careers that they DIDN'T CHOOSE. ANYONE can be a Trump, if they CHOOSE.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    EFI is the wave of the future. There can be no denying it. Electronics have been on the leading edge of our entire lives. Not only os the magneto dead, but the standard issue CDI is wavering. Its all about total fuel, air AND spark control. Anybody that thinks its not has their head up their ass.


    2001 SleekCraft 30' Heritage SSB, open-bow mid-cuddy. 496HO / Bravo-I.

  11. #10
    C-2
    C-2 is offline
    Senior Member C-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beer:30 View Post
    ANYONE can be a Trump, if they CHOOSE.
    Sure, now you tell me.

    Glad to see ya Paul.
    .
    .
    "The only two things in life that make it worth living; Guitars tuned good and firm-feeling women."
    Waylon

    .

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,396

    Default

    During the haydays of rising property , low unemployment etc. The citizens were all making lots of money, the cities had an abundance of cash and things were good. They were so good that we all wanted to reward our poilce, fire and city/Govt workers with good pay increases, the wealth was being shared.

    I am not going to bag on the police and fire for it being their fault. It was no ones fault. But now the belt tightening has to come, We do not make the money to pay these wages anymore. I am the first who would love to give police and Fire another raise, provide we could become prosperous enough to afford it. WE can't pay what we don't have.

    My 25 year old son is a Police officer. He has been on the force for 4 years. Besides the good medical, pension and other benefits. He works 3 12's one week and 4 12's the next. A great job with great time off. Last year his W-2 was $102,450.00, he did work some overtime, but I mean..................., come on now............. I am truly happy and proud for him and do not want for him to take a pay cut, as his father. But as a citizen that has had a pay cut of over 80% from the big days I think we all need to chip in.

    Not only police and fire, but EVERYONE. Why does only the private sector have to tighten their belt.

  13. #12
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beer:30 View Post
    No, no. I said I agree that there should be cuts - whether temporary or not.

    My point, in general terms, is that people should not just go head-hunting just because some groups make alot more money than them. There should be cuts across the board, but not complete ridicule.

    More closely - people that scream about millionaires needing to pay MORE than their share of taxes. My point being - ANYONE can be a millionaire, if they CHOOSE to.

    Or, for instance, if a teacher gripes and complains about a cop or fireman making thousands more than them AND having better benefits to boot - the teacher is just being jealous. I agree everyone needs to pitch in or it will ALL go way, regardless of career. There just seems to be a lot of people targeting the careers that they DIDN'T CHOOSE. ANYONE can be a Trump, if they CHOOSE.
    Ok, cool, we agree...

    I missed that...

    People need to focus on the issue NOT what the left/right/up/down/top/bottom is saying... And the issue is that PAINFUL cuts are going to be made, it has to happen...

    I LOVE our PBS stations (all four of them) and love most of the programming, if the NEA and all sorts of other endowments have to experience big cuts the people that watch PBS can double down/tripple down to support the programming they want but the Federal/State/Local Govt. has to get it's ducks in a row, end of story...

    Despite what people think I am listening to NPR radio 98% of the time and really enjoy the programming, if they have to endure massive cuts in endowments I will double/tripple down to do my part and support them...

    Bruce...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 03-07-2011 at 07:39 PM.

  14. #13
    Jackwagon Patrolman Rexone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Earth
    Posts
    11,644
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Ok, cool, we agree...

    I missed that...

    People need to focus on the issue NOT what the left/right/up/down/top/bottom is saying... And the issue is that PAINFUL cuts are going to be made, it has to happen...
    There you have it. When there is no money it must happen. It can be voluntary or it can be otherwise when many may lose a lot more than if it had been voluntary.

    2mm no I didn't miss the link. I just posted that for Kilr's benefit because we both always used to be in amazement at the real estate mindset back then on Hotboat. But back to the topic, cuts are going to happen because the government has no money (for lots of reasons).

    I'm going to move this thread now because it has taken an unavoidable direction to political/government. But by all means continue...

  15. #14
    Senior Member angry dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Glendora
    Posts
    1,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kilrtoy View Post
    Police, fire and teachers are way underpaid . For you to think otherwise . You might wanna pull your head out of the sand
    Sad... Don't like it.. Get another job. Waterproofing contractors are underpayed, care to chip in??
    You Lie!
    Winter sand ~ Summer spray

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95