Now this is beyond laughable!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 19

Thread:
Now this is beyond laughable!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,487

    Default Now this is beyond laughable!

    Imagine that, the community organizer is now telling the US Supreme Court how and when to do their job. This is actually more laughable then the Ron White special on CMT for the Troops that I just watched, and that was an outstanding group of performers. O and his cast of clowns at this point don't know if they're snake bit or xucked.

    White House Urges Supreme Court Not to Jump Into Health Care Law Cases Prematurely - FoxNews.com
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    Give him a break! He has two of his "special ones" planted securely in the court these days and he thinks no rules apply to him as long as his friends comply with his BS.

    Besides, if he were to do something right, it would be a complete shock to America.
    He's securing his own unemployment bid for 2012.
    The best things in life aren't things!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,914

    Default

    To be expected.... the greedy billion dollar insurance companies may be getting antsy. Other than their panic, what is the rush to circumvent the normal path of appeal? Due process is always a prudent way to do things unless someone is up to no good..BTW, the American people are tired of being railroaded by greedy corporate interests.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. #4
    Senior Member AzMandella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tucson,Az
    Posts
    5,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    To be expected.... the greedy billion dollar insurance companies may be getting antsy. Other than their panic, what is the rush to circumvent the normal path of appeal? Due process is always a prudent way to do things unless someone is up to no good..BTW, the American people are tired of being railroaded by greedy corporate interests.
    Amazing! Back to the greedy corperation song and dance. Well guess what someone is up to no good. THE GOVERNMENT. And it is they who are the greedy ones trying to take over the HC industry while violating our civil rights. The gov has no right to force anyone to purchase any goods or services. Yet they are trying to in order to make the worst piece of legislation in American history become law. Infact if I remember right the ins companies were on board with the law. It is the states that are sueing the Fed Gov not the ins corperations. Now go back to your civil service and pretend you have half a clue.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  6. #5
    Senior Member havasu5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye, Az
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    To be expected.... the greedy billion dollar insurance companies may be getting antsy. Other than their panic, what is the rush to circumvent the normal path of appeal? Due process is always a prudent way to do things unless someone is up to no good..BTW, the American people are tired of being railroaded by greedy corporate interests.
    The mandate that forces citizens to purchase health insurance, helps the insurance companies....They were in bed with the admin on this one.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #6
    Senior Member AzMandella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tucson,Az
    Posts
    5,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by havasu5150 View Post
    The mandate that forces citizens to purchase health insurance, helps the insurance companies....They were in bed with the admin on this one.
    SHHHHHHHHHHHH. Don't feed him facts like that. He need's to be able to think all the problems in this country are the corperations fault. That way he will never have to come to the realization it is mostly the Gov fault. Which would in turn be part his fault as he is a Gov employee.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #7
    Senior Member eliminatedsprinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lancaster Ca
    Posts
    3,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AzMandella View Post
    Amazing! Back to the greedy corperation song and dance. Well guess what someone is up to no good. THE GOVERNMENT. And it is they who are the greedy ones trying to take over the HC industry while violating our civil rights. The gov has no right to force anyone to purchase any goods or services. Yet they are trying to in order to make the worst piece of legislation in American history become law. Infact if I remember right the ins companies were on board with the law. It is the states that are sueing the Fed Gov not the ins corperations. Now go back to your civil service and pretend you have half a clue.
    It's most likely not the worst piece of legislation in American history (the Missouri Compromise no doubt still has that honor). But otherwise your points are dead on.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    C.S. Lewis
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #8
    058
    058 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    To be expected.... the greedy billion dollar insurance companies may be getting antsy. Other than their panic, what is the rush to circumvent the normal path of appeal? Due process is always a prudent way to do things unless someone is up to no good..BTW, the American people are tired of being railroaded by greedy corporate interests.
    As expected....spoken like a good little Democrat operative, divert the attention from the real problem and focus on the GREEDY CORPORATIONS....What would you do if you didn't have the corporations to kick around anymore?
    Within the heart of every stray lies the singular desire to be loved. "Good grief you're an irritating blowhard...." [Tex 6/16/11]
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eliminatedsprinter View Post
    It's most likely not the worst piece of legislation in American history (the Missouri Compromise no doubt still has that honor).


    Quote Originally Posted by eliminatedsprinter View Post
    But otherwise your points are dead on.
    His points are contradictory, and I am surprised you cannot see it. First Marv claims the government is trying to take over the HC industry.

    Quote Originally Posted by AzMandella View Post
    Amazing! Back to the greedy corperation song and dance. Well guess what someone is up to no good. THE GOVERNMENT. And it is they who are the greedy ones trying to take over the HC industry while violating our civil rights.
    Then 5150 states something that is somewhat based in fact: that the HC law benefits health insurance companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by havasu5150 View Post
    The mandate that forces citizens to purchase health insurance, helps the insurance companies....They were in bed with the admin on this one.
    Then Marvin replies that 5150's statement was fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by AzMandella View Post
    SHHHHHHHHHHHH. Don't feed him facts like that.
    If the HC reform laws benefit the HC companies, how exactly is this a government attempt to take over the HC industry? Those two ideas don't seem just a little contradictory to you?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #10
    Senior Member AzMandella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tucson,Az
    Posts
    5,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post



    His points are contradictory, and I am surprised you cannot see it. First Marv claims the government is trying to take over the HC industry.



    Then 5150 states something that is somewhat based in fact: that the HC law benefits health insurance companies.

    Then Marvin replies that 5150's statement was fact.

    If the HC reform laws benefit the HC companies, how exactly is this a government attempt to take over the HC industry? Those two ideas don't seem just a little contradictory to you?
    Except that Zombie said it was the Ins Companies who were behind getting the case directly to the SC out of greed and up to no good. We just cleared up the fact that the ins companies benifit from the new law and have no reason to force it to the supreme court to try and get out of it. It is the State Gov that will be hit with the higher costs that are taking the Fed gov to court. Next time try and follow along.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AzMandella View Post
    Except that Zombie said it was the Ins Companies who were behind getting the case directly to the SC out of greed and up to no good. We just cleared up the fact that the ins companies benifit from the new law and have no reason to force it to the supreme court to try and get out of it. It is the State Gov that will be hit with the higher costs that are taking the Fed gov to court. Next time try and follow along.
    I wasn't discussing the HC laws going to the Supreme Court. Nice attempt at changing the subject when you yourself disprove the idea that the HC laws were a socialist government takeover of HC. Now maybe you will quit trying to assert the idea that Obama has been trying to push a socialist agenda.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  13. #12
    Senior Member eliminatedsprinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lancaster Ca
    Posts
    3,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post



    His points are contradictory, and I am surprised you cannot see it. First Marv claims the government is trying to take over the HC industry.



    Then 5150 states something that is somewhat based in fact: that the HC law benefits health insurance companies.

    Then Marvin replies that 5150's statement was fact.

    If the HC reform laws benefit the HC companies, how exactly is this a government attempt to take over the HC industry? Those two ideas don't seem just a little contradictory to you?
    His points seem contradictory, because this Rube Goldberg mess of a law is full of schitzoid contradictions.

    P.S. Why do you seem shocked that I would pick a law that extended the life of slavery in this country and ultimatly led to the civil war as the worst piece of American legislation ever???
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    C.S. Lewis
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  14. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eliminatedsprinter View Post
    P.S. Why do you seem shocked that I would pick a law that extended the life of slavery in this country and ultimatly led to the civil war as the worst piece of American legislation ever???
    Because I don't think the Missouri Compromise directly led to the civil war and was shocked that you would think that a law that restricted the territories that slavery was allowed in would be the worst piece of legislation ever passed.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  15. #14
    Senior Member eliminatedsprinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lancaster Ca
    Posts
    3,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post
    Because I don't think the Missouri Compromise directly led to the civil war and was shocked that you would think that a law that restricted the territories that slavery was allowed in would be the worst piece of legislation ever passed.
    Because an early counter proposal (supported by Thomas Jefferson) that would have ended slavery completely by 1826 (and prevented the the civil war) only failed to pass in congress by one vote and the Missouri compromise did directly lead to the civil war, just like Jefferson said it would....
    P.S. It only extended the life of slavery. It failed to resolve the issue of the expansion of slavery. When the debates that led to the Missouri Compromise started, support for slavery, was very low (even in the south). In short, this was the time when America had it's best shot at peacefully and successfully ending slavery and Congress blew it.

    P.P.S. Here is part of Jeferson's opinion on the M Compromise.

    Thomas Jefferson to John Holmes
    Monticello Apr. 22. 20.

    I thank you, Dear Sir, for the copy you have been so kind as to send me of the letter to your constituents on the Missouri question. it is a perfect justification to them. I had for a long time ceased to read the newspapers or pay any attention to public affairs, confident they were in good hands, and content to be a passenger in our bark to the shore from which I am not distant. but this momentous question, like a fire bell in the night, awakened and filled me with terror. I considered it at once as the knell of the Union. it is hushed indeed for the moment. but this is a reprieve only, not a final sentence. a geographical line, coinciding with a marked principle, moral and political, once concieved and held up to the angry passions of men, will never be obliterated; and every new irritation will mark it deeper and deeper.
    Last edited by eliminatedsprinter; 03-15-2011 at 02:33 PM.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    C.S. Lewis
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95